View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #16
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder how this is going to affect Warner Bros, since he's working on those reshoots for Justice League, and then do the Batgirl movie.
I hear that Zack is back.

As far as Whedon’s politics are concerned, I don’t think emotional manipulation is an issue of gender equality. Everyone is capable and guilty of that – we learn how to do it when we’re babies. I have more of a problem with someone being judgemental, and proselytising about morality when they clearly have a lot of work to do on themselves, but I guess if hypocrisy was a crime we’d all be breaking rocks right now.

What is interesting to me is how often people who deal in super heroes turn out to be so morally challenged. They write stories about morality and virtue in its most simplistic and clear form, and at the same time they’re cheating their collaborators out of money, taking credit for other people’s work and treating their family like sh*t. Not to mention all the fascist nut-jobs and pervy sleaze-bags. Maybe that says something about oversimplifying morality.