View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 09:10 PM   #10
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Riches View Post
I'm trying to ID a few cels at the moment, so I was still watching in order, just got to "Turtles on Trial" and sure enough, you nailed it right out of the gate! How you were able to do that with so little information, I have no idea, but color me impressed! You were definitely right the animation was noticeably better in this episode though.
Heh, I'll confess, I often use April's character design as a starting point for remembering animation styles/quality of particular episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Riches View Post
Here's some of the others I'm currently working on ID'ing, but I imagine these should all be relatively easy other than maybe Shredder, and the TMNT and April on the Cheapskates.
Remarkable pieces! You really got some gems. Like Turtles on Trial, all of your cels look to be from the higher-tier studios, probably TMS.

You've got two from Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero, and the cheapskates is from Making of Metalhead (obviously with all the ones featuring Metalhead too), and I'm guessing Usagi is from the first Usagi Yojimbo episode. I'm not sure about Shredder, but I would expect him to be from one of these eps, which are going to be more likely to be outside the "Animation Art" labels:
Turtles on Trial
Ninja Sword of Nowhere
The Fifth Turtle
Making of Metalhead
Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero
Usagi Yojimbo

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote