Thread: Revisiting 2012
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 04:47 AM   #112
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The difference is during Season 1 of the 2k3 series we didn't know Shredder was an Utrom yet, so when Leonardo slashed off his head people thought he was human. Then at the end of the episode his body stands up and picks up his head, so people were speculating he was immortal or something.

The Utrom reveal wasn't until Season 2, so back then it was a bit surprising. The Nick series on the other hand DID allow Leonardo to slash off Shredder's head, so they actually did it for *real* this time.

I think it's also a sign of changing of the times. Censors were still very hard on cartoons in the early 2000's (although less than the 90's), but then in the 2010 decade cartoons have been pushing boundaries more with violence, gay/lesbian relationships, and so forth. I know most of the stuff seen in cartoons nowadays would have never been allowed in the shows I watched as a kid.
Between Return to New York aired in early October 2003, and unti Secret Origins aired in mid-late Janury 2004, some people thought it was a Human Shredder in an Utrom-built exoskeleton.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote