View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #56
Leo656
The Franchise

I put the figures I managed to dig out on display, and took some pictures. Please excuse the crappy lighting from my phone's camera, I don't know where the good camera is and I took these at like 4 in the morning when I was way too tired to give a sh*t.

I cheated a bit; Hordak isn't from the Mattel 200X line, it's one of the mini-statues that NECA put out with the Four Horsemen after the toyline was cancelled.

I really love the sculpts, and the colors, and the action features... almost everything, really. But holy hell, I had completely forgotten what a BITCH these figures are trying to get them to stand up! Seriously; Prince Adam, Teela, and Man-At-Arms can NOT be posed to stand under their own power and have to be leaned on something else. I remember now that I had to pose like half the figures in the line that way when I had them set up at my old place. Real bummer, but they're set for now. Guess I'll pick up some peg stands one of these days. Anybody recommend any specific ones? I know NECA does some and I see a few others, but I don't know if one type is really much better than another.

Aside from that, I really love these figures. They're definitely "toys first" (since they sincerely don't want to stand up and be display pieces), but they look great on display as you can see. Just about all the "updated" characters are generally a big improvement over the originals (except for aforementioned balance issues). Battle Cat and Panthor are particularly good (although I like the faces and armor on the originals better), with their weaponized armor and the jaw that opens when you move the one front leg. Good stuff. This whole line was about making small improvements to the original stuff whenever they could, and for the most part I think they did a good job.

When I have a lot more room, I plan to put Grayskull out, and place the 1983 and 2003 versions of some of the characters beside each other. But this'll do for now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote