View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:36 PM   #91
Leo656
The Franchise

I keep forgetting to post my He-Man pickups here, and instead I keep posting them in the regular Toys thread. D'oh! This time I remembered to do it right.

First up, another addition to the 1980s vintage line, with ZOAR, "The Fighting Falcon" who went on to be retconned into being the secondary form of The Sorceress:

I gotta clean it up a little bit, and it's got some paint bleed under the wing (although not as bad as a lot of these do), but overall it's complete and in great shape! The wings aren't too bent and they still flap just fine. I had this one as a kid but somehow broke/lost it. Really glad to have it back, finally, especially in such great shape.

Next up, thanks to my pals at the flea market, I was able to pick up all of Wave 3 in the new Origins line!

They're all pretty cool, but I think Roboto might be my favorite of this Wave, he always just looks really cool. Sadly, I think She-Ra could have been a LOT better. It fits what they're going for with the whole "vintage-inspired" aesthetic, and it definitely conjures up images of the original She-Ra figure, but sadly, that figure just wasn't that good, objectively-speaking, which is why they kept tweaking the design all the way up until the Filmation cartoon debuted. I definitely would have preferred that they gave this figure her Filmation outfit, with the smaller tiara, solid white skirt and larger emblem on her torso, and it seems most fans agree with me. The giant crown/mask (nobody liked that gimmick for her) and the mesh skirt just don't do the trick. Really hoping for a reissue done in Filmation attire somewhere down the line. Otherwise, I might get a second one just to do a custom.

Nitpicks aside, I really do like all of these figures and am really happy with this line so far. I have Wave 1 and 3, and now I gotta try and find 2. And the Battle Armor figures. And Panthor. Holy sh*t, this line blew up fast. Couldn't be happier, though!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 02-08-2021 at 10:09 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote