View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well, it's been a year since I made this thread so I thought I'd bump it. Looking back it was a very ambitious project and I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it to get to the level I originally wanted which is a B2 level. I still practiced a lot, didn't give up, hit a few walls along the way which happens and passed them.

It's not a failure of a project though since I improved quite a bit and I'd say I'm a B1 level. For those not used to the european frame B2 is bilingual and B1 is intermediate. I can have conversations about pretty much any topic, I make mistakes and can't express everything but I can communicate just fine. I can't understand movies without subtitles but my listening is decent, my reading skills are much improved and I can now read news in French for the most part and I can't do complex writing but I seem to do just fine chatting with people on twitter in French.

I did blog about French related topics like reviews of French shows and apps as well as make notes of my progress every two months here. There's a few posts not linked there yet but the majority are. I plan to continue studying in french and let's see if by next year I can reach B2 level! It was a fun journey and I'm super happy that I can now communicate in French but I know i can improve a lot more and it'll be hard work but I'll do it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote