View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #57
AquaParade
Banned

[QUOTE=Egon1982;1825949]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post

You are like a food critic who only pays attention to how food looks and glosses how it actually tastes. Style over substance.

Sure it's nice to see decent animation when seeing a movie or show but like Tezuka, one of my fave animation makers said "a good story can save poor animation...but you can't save good animation for a poor story" which is one of my fave quotes.

Look at South Park for example, the designs on the show are the laziest and simplest, the actual animation is nothing special but doesn't matter to me or anyone else who enjoys it as it's a funny and well written series.
I may be in the minority, but I'd prefer most cartoons if they focused on animation over script. I mean, if you can reach the heights of The Simpsons or South Park, by all means, focus on story, but with the types of stories we typically get in say, a TMNT cartoon, yeah I'd take a boost to animation for the cost of losing something in the writing department, because at the end of the day, the stories aren't really doing much for me anyway.

Again, I'm probably in the minority. I only watch a handful of cartoons and most cartoons can't hold my interest for long, even if I do appreciate them on some level. Like I'd take TMNT cartoons that are 7 minutes long, with hardly any dialogue, if they upped the animation quality by 50%. Of course, it would probably fail spectacularly, but that's where my personal tastes are at.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote