View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Why is the villains set more expensive? Shredder is in the wrong set
$15 or $16 a figure is still a good price nonetheless.

I'm waiting for mikey0 to explain me what the oversized roto heads are about, again.
I was honestly surprised to see Baxter Stockman in the Retro Rotocast Villains Mutant Module Figure Set. The last Baxter reissue came with a trading card and it was sold in the mid 1990s.

Also, the Retro Rotocast Villains Mutant Module Figure Set will be the first box set to have a Slash with an oversized rotocast head!

Unfortunately, collectors with the retro figures will skip the figures from both sets and wait for the box sets to go up for sale in the aftermarket.

Playmates used less plastic to make the heads of the action figures for the exclusive Retro Rotocast Sewer Lair Box Set and Retro Rotocast Villains Mutant Module Figure Set. The oversized heads to the figures weigh less than the hard heads from the very late 80s into the 90s because they were made from a liquid form of plastic that is less expensive to use.

The Krang in the Retro Rotocast Villains Mutant Module Figure Set will be the first Krang in history to have a squishy head.

I wish Playmates would make a MOTU Origins-type TMNT toyline, but I’m happy to see that Playmates is making boxes with adult collectors in mind. Too bad Playmates cannot fill the boxes with reissues of hard-to-find figures from the original toy line.

Last edited by mikey0; 01-14-2021 at 10:50 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote