View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 06:39 PM   #91
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I actually have a very detailed guide for Simon's Quest from one of those Rusel DeMaria books that came out back in the late-80s/early-90s. I think I'd just have more fun with the version of the game where the hints actually make sense and the townsfolk aren't lying scumbags. We'll see what happens.
My guide was a thin book, which got most of its secrets stolen from game magazines and some of them were wrong to boot.

Quote:
I've got Symphony on the Konami Classics Collection on Xbox 360. If it's "easy", that's fine; I'm an old cranky bastard with other sh*t to do, I can't spend a hundred years on anything that doesn't have "Elder Scrolls" in the title, anymore.
Most likely it is PS1 version than.
Beautiful game, but can become very boring by the second half.

Quote:
I've also got all the Game Boy and GBA games but I haven't played any of them, yet.
They are mixed bag:

Short reviews - all opinions are mine:

Castlevania The Adventure is a horrible game, one of the worst in the series. Its main problem that it runs like ****: there is a constant slowdown and controls are barely responsive. Music is decent though.

Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge is very good and fixes all problems from the past entry. Must play.

Castlevania Legends is mediocre - it is worse than Belmont's Revenge, when it comes to controls and level design and music is so-so.

Circle of the Moon is one of my favorites - perfect controls, good subsystem, decent difficulty. A bit too much copypasted stairways and corridors, but that's a not a big problem. Soundtrack is pretty good, even, if it sounds like its played by pre-historic gramophone and most tracks are reused from past entries.

Harmony of Dissonance is
Ugly design, floaty controls, horrible horrible HORRIBLE music.

Aria of Sorrow - good game, interesting locations, good subsystem, decent soundtrack. Story has barely anything to do with Castlevania, though.

DS can be perfectly emulated, so you can play its trilogy too.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote