View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #71
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

To make a thread like this is rather... obvious. TMNT are anthropomorphized turtles. There should be no question that this fandom attracts "furry" enthusiasts.

The definition of a furry is as follows: an enthusiast for animal characters with human characteristics, in particular a person who dresses up in costume as such a character or uses one as an avatar online.

I myself appreciate animalistic characters in fiction who have human traits... Some of my favorites are: TMNT, The Beast from Beauty and the Beast, Beast from X-men, Nightcrawler from X-men, DC's Man-Bat and a multitude of other comics characters, werewolves, various talking Disney animal characters and the Looney Toons gang. But... I AM NOT A FURRY.

I don't see any reason to be judgmental toward someone who is into costuming or has a deep appreciation for anthropomorphism, BUT... and this is where things get weird...

There is a certain sect of fans that daydream about, write about, or are curious about questionable behavior regarding non-human animals and humans OR less harmfully they dress up as animals to participate with each other in... certain behaviors.

I think furry-ism is a harmless fandom but when you start having human-animal relations, IT GETS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS for the welfare of the animal. Let's not blame furries for this directly but we can't pretend that some people don't try to pervert the natural boundaries between humans and animals.

Humans of all stripes belong with humans of all stripes. Humans DO NOT belong with animals in any romantic capacity. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 06-29-2020 at 03:37 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote