View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well even the MCU seems to pretend The incredible hulk didn't really happen, so it's not surprising.
Abomination is literally appearing in She-Hulk, reprised by Tim Roth (and I guess he very nearly appeared in Avengers 2). With Ruffalo as Hulk in tow. And there's been General Ross since Civil War. And the events of Incredible Hulk seen on-screen in Iron Man 2. Also in newspapers on the walls of the New York Bulletin in Daredevil.

Quote:
It was the same crap when Heath Ledger died, I remember there were petitions for the character The Joker to never be played by anyone else ever again in live action. Had TDK not been an ending to the nolan trilogy and they had left it open for more movies I sure as hell would've wanted ar ecasted joker to fight batman in that same continuity.

Nolan did it right in his first two movies by not really killing the villains. Scarecrow escapes and shows up in the sequels, Joker doesn't fall and die but is caught by Batman. Sure Ra's "dies" but we don't actually see him die so you could argue he survived somic book style. They did mess up with Two Face, they should've kept him alive, no reason in killing him, would've given us a good secondary villain that was already set up for the third movie.

I think after ledgers death nolan just didn't care to continue it to leave it open ended so that's why he decided to give everyone a definite end.
And yet, recast Katie Holmes and nobody fusses over anything.

I dunno. If the intention was for Nolan to grow the Batman corner of some kind of nascent DC cinematic universe... then of course they should have recasted Ledger and that should've been that. But just as some 3 movie and done thing? It's unfortunate, but whatever. Joker could have added a lot to TDKR, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote