View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 12:03 AM   #6
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Thanks for chiming in, Utrom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Mirage simply hasn't captured my heart.
I worry on the one hand that this will prove to be the case for me, as well. On the other hand, the Ninja Turtle "universe" I carry around with me in my mind (and which I think about more frequently in a given day than I care to admit, heh-heh) is such a hodgepodge of Old Toon and 1990 live-action film and toy designs and original ideas of my own that I like to think I still might find things to love in the Mirage comics, even if the entire run doesn't wow me.

Quote:
It's my love affair with Utroms that made me at least a little interested...
See, while I can have a good chuckle at Krang's goofiness in the old cartoon, the utroms and kraang and the more cosmic, inter dimensional aspect of the property has never appealed to me much. I like my Turtles in an urban setting.

Quote:
The main art style doesn't help either. It's just too hard on the eyes. My favorite art styles are Jim Lawson's and Dario Brizuela's.
I respect the art I've seen, but it's not really my style. I'm not sure which artist was responsible for whichever issues and pinups and such I've studied, but I don't care much for the art style that I think of as "classic Mirage," and yet I flipped through some Mirage collection ten years or so ago and loved its artwork, which was less stylized and more lifelike and realistic.

You've given me more to think about. Thanks again!