The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Where Do You Fall On The Kinsey Scale?
Exclusively heterosexual 18 52.94%
Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual 9 26.47%
Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual 0 0%
Equally heterosexual and homosexual 1 2.94%
Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual 1 2.94%
Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual 2 5.88%
Exclusively homosexual 0 0%
No socio-sexual contacts or reactions 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 427
Where Do You Fall On The Kinsey Scale?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual
X No socio-sexual contacts or reactions
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I'm str8, dude.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
I don't really understand what it means to be "incidentally homo/heterosexual". Little help?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I'm 0 as ****, but don't tell my boyfriend.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I'm bi, which means I am neither heterosexual nor homosexual.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I have no idea when all these new sexual orientations were invented. Back in my day there were only 3 things:

You were straight
You were gay
You swing both ways

That was it. Now all of a sudden there's 15+ different sexual orientations because millennials feel the need to "express themselves."

In my case I'm as straight as an arrow.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I have no idea when all these new sexual orientations were invented. Back in my day there were only 3 things:

You were straight
You were gay
You swing both ways

That was it. Now all of a sudden there's 15+ different sexual orientations because millennials feel the need to "express themselves."

In my case I'm as straight as an arrow.
Does it really count as straight if you've never touched a woman?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,183
It's a case of all these social outcasts teaming up together an fascist alt-left people who give them a voice in the name of SJW and relevancy.

If you want to consider yourself one 20+ genders then knock yourself out and live your life fully but the moment you want me to refer to you as Zer or refer ro myself as cis then you're ****ing nuts. And I'm not kidding just take a look at how the alt-left bullies people and want to make it a crime if you don't use one of their gender pronouns they invented to make themselves feel special.

#whytrumpwon
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #9
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Personally, I identify as a Cybercuban.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's a case of all these social outcasts teaming up together an fascist alt-left people who give them a voice in the name of SJW and relevancy.

If you want to consider yourself one 20+ genders then knock yourself out and live your life fully but the moment you want me to refer to you as Zer or refer ro myself as cis then you're ****ing nuts. And I'm not kidding just take a look at how the alt-left bullies people and want to make it a crime if you don't use one of their gender pronouns they invented to make themselves feel special.

#whytrumpwon
I think its New York where you can legally be fined for getting that crazy wrong.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #11
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I have no idea when all these new sexual orientations were invented. Back in my day there were only 3 things:

You were straight
You were gay
You swing both ways

That was it. Now all of a sudden there's 15+ different sexual orientations because millennials feel the need to "express themselves."

In my case I'm as straight as an arrow.
As mentioned here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I'm bi. I guess that's a 3 by the scale from 1948
The Kinsey scale is not exactly new.

I'm straight but sometimes I look at kinda out there porn so I'm like, a 1 or something? I dunno. From my incredibly minor awareness and understanding of Kinsey's methods and purposes I think it's more about "what stuff have you done in your lifetime" than "what you into" but I'm not really sure.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:38 PM   #12
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
X, no attraction or desire whatsoever.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #13
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
X, no attraction or desire whatsoever.
Must be nice...
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #14
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Only qualms with sex: when it's the "unprotected" kind, & poses the risk of STDs & unwanted pregnancy, which can occur married or unmarried. Only advice: make sure each other is healthy beforehand, and unless children are wanted, NEVER unprotected. As far as anything else goes, hetero, homo, threesomes, foursomes, etc... could care less.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #15
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
I haven't had any socio-sexual contacts or reactions.

I have never been interested, or even wanted, sex. Sex just doesn't appeal to me.

You could say that I am "nonsexual".
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

You could say that I am "nonsexual".
Or, you know, asexual. Which would be more appropriate for what you're describing.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #17
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Okay, since everyone wants to know my views on this, I'll tell you. I don't care what any of the rest of you do with your lives. If you have people you love and you want to have sex or whatever, go for it. I was just saying that for myself, I don't want to just live with someone and have sex and that's it with my life. I just feel that if you want a relationship and want to have sex, there has to be some meaning behind it. I am against people who have sex with multiple people, but if it's two consenting adults who want to do that and who are in a meaningful relationship, then that's fine. I would just rather abstain from it forever because it's not something I want and if I'm not married and don't want to get married, then I feel that I really shouldn't have sex. I'm not religious but I was raised Catholic and was raised to believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong and I do believe that it is wrong if someone is not in a meaningful relationship and is just doing it for the sake of doing it and getting pleasure out of it. That's not what I want out of life and I just feel that a lot of people just want it for the sake of it and don't want anything else. I even felt that way about my ex because he constantly talked about it and it really bothered me that that's all he could think about without really thinking about how it bothered me that he talked that way.

So, that's why I'm glad to be done with him and to be single. I'm not going to waste my time with any of it and feel that it's better to be safe than sorry and do something I would regret later on in life. That's my two cents on it. I know I said things before that were taken out of context but I was having a bad day and wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. You can disagree with me all you want and if you want to judge me for it, I don't care. My views are my views.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #18
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Okay, since everyone wants to know my views on this, I'll tell you. I don't care what any of the rest of you do with your lives. If you have people you love and you want to have sex or whatever, go for it. I was just saying that for myself, I don't want to just live with someone and have sex and that's it with my life. I just feel that if you want a relationship and want to have sex, there has to be some meaning behind it. I am against people who have sex with multiple people, but if it's two consenting adults who want to do that and who are in a meaningful relationship, then that's fine. I would just rather abstain from it forever because it's not something I want and if I'm not married and don't want to get married, then I feel that I really shouldn't have sex. I'm not religious but I was raised Catholic and was raised to believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong and I do believe that it is wrong if someone is not in a meaningful relationship and is just doing it for the sake of doing it and getting pleasure out of it. That's not what I want out of life and I just feel that a lot of people just want it for the sake of it and don't want anything else. I even felt that way about my ex because he constantly talked about it and it really bothered me that that's all he could think about without really thinking about how it bothered me that he talked that way.

So, that's why I'm glad to be done with him and to be single. I'm not going to waste my time with any of it and feel that it's better to be safe than sorry and do something I would regret later on in life. That's my two cents on it. I know I said things before that were taken out of context but I was having a bad day and wasn't really thinking about what I was saying. You can disagree with me all you want and if you want to judge me for it, I don't care. My views are my views.
Others will probably disagree with you and might tell you how wrong they think you are, but I respect your post/views immensely and for you standing up for what you believe in.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #19
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
I'm honestly not sure to be honest.

One day, I like people. The next day, I'm asexual. Guess I have some searching to do myself.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gay


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.