The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #1941
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
That's about right. You can see he's probably a good inch or so taller than Newt and Slash.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...24/slash01.jpg
First non production photos I've seen of Newt and Slash. Geezus they really skimped on the paint apps... I might just ask my friend to fix some of that...
Raph is decent at least...

So how does everyone feel about sanding lips and noses off :V?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #1942
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
First non production photos I've seen of Newt and Slash.
Those are prototypes, not the final products.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #1943
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Those are prototypes, not the final products.
yea but they look close to what they will be painted like look at the raph he looks just like that in his package so there no doubt that slash will look that.
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #1944
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Those are prototypes, not the final products.
I was not aware of this, but still non-production shots that they fancy up in photoshop.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #1945
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier
 
BlisterStockboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Those are prototypes, not the final products.
Either way, I don't think that Slash is that ugly.. I think he looks good. I don't mind the minimal paint either.
__________________
BlisterStockboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #1946
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
The Movie figures don't look good I must admit...
At least Raph (my favorite) is the best (IMO), so I will buy him.
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #1947
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Those are prototypes, not the final products.
Sadly Don, those are pretty much what we are getting at retail. Those are the paint apps we will most likely be seeing.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #1948
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Sadly Don, those are pretty much what we are getting at retail. Those are the paint apps we will most likely be seeing.
i really like how they look they look ok i guess the eyes kinda killed them a little but oh well i guess
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #1949
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Actually we'll probably be getting something closer to this for Slash:



The newer version has a new, better head sculpt, as you can see.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #1950
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Actually we'll probably be getting something closer to this for Slash:

http://playmatestoys.com/uploads/bra..._basic_pu1.jpg

The newer version has a new, better head sculpt, as you can see.
Donnie19 remember last wave you went to PMTs site and saw you can see the next panthlet and we saw larp turtles and more well do that to slash on there site maybe there some thing new my computer is slow it wont work heres the link http://playmatestoys.com/uploads/fil..._BookletV7.pdf
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #1951
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Actually we'll probably be getting something closer to this for Slash:

http://playmatestoys.com/uploads/bra..._basic_pu1.jpg

The newer version has a new, better head sculpt, as you can see.
I hope you are right Donnie... but don't bet on it.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #1952
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Actually we'll probably be getting something closer to this for Slash:

http://playmatestoys.com/uploads/bra..._basic_pu1.jpg

The newer version has a new, better head sculpt, as you can see.
You put a lot of trust on Playmates.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #1953
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
So what, they're like CC ninja turtles height and price?? Ok, forget it. I'm not getting em. Are they not making 4" ones?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #1954
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
So what, they're like CC ninja turtles height and price?? Ok, forget it. I'm not getting em. Are they not making 4" ones?
No, they should be in scale with the current line and price range. they appear to be slightly taller, but they won't be as big as the Classics Collection.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #1955
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
So what, they're like CC ninja turtles height and price?? Ok, forget it. I'm not getting em. Are they not making 4" ones?
The basic movie figures are within the 5 inch scale as the basic Nick toy line. And then there are the larger action feature turtle figures and then the 12 inch turtle figures.

So all in all, we get three different scales of the PD Movie Turtles, the secondary characters seems to only get a 5 inch basic figure.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #1956
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Those are prototypes, not the final products.
No, they're not "prototypes". If they were, they'd either be wax sculpts or resin hardcopies.

You're confusing "prototype" with "production sample", which is basically the last step before producing the final figure. Samples are basically used to test the production process, and often have missing paint apps. Big difference.

I wouldn't expect any sculptural changes to Slash based on that picture - sure the paint might change, but the sculpt would have been finalised months ago.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:21 AM   #1957
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
No, they're not "prototypes". If they were, they'd either be wax sculpts or resin hardcopies.

You're confusing "prototype" with "production sample", which is basically the last step before producing the final figure. Samples are basically used to test the production process, and often have missing paint apps. Big difference.

I wouldn't expect any sculptural changes to Slash based on that picture - sure the paint might change, but the sculpt would have been finalised months ago.
Exactly! I'm guilty of referring to them as prototypes as well, but you 100% correct. And that Slash in my picture is most certainly what we will be seeing at retail. I "hope" there may be some paint scheme changes, but honestly I don't think there will be. I'm 99% sure what I posted is what we are getting. When I first posted these pics, people were saying that the movie Mikey and Raph couldn't be the final paint apps because they are missing their pupils. Now we are seeing actual carded figures... with NO pupils!!

I'll post more detailed pics soon. -Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #1958
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Is this a bootleg or something?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2004-...849596664.html
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #1959
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post
Interesting. That's one of the same pics I received (and posted here) a while ago. I would assume that's one of the final figures like I'm getting, but I don't know.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #1960
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Exactly! I'm guilty of referring to them as prototypes as well, but you 100% correct. And that Slash in my picture is most certainly what we will be seeing at retail. I "hope" there may be some paint scheme changes, but honestly I don't think there will be. I'm 99% sure what I posted is what we are getting. When I first posted these pics, people were saying that the movie Mikey and Raph couldn't be the final paint apps because they are missing their pupils. Now we are seeing actual carded figures... with NO pupils!!

I'll post more detailed pics soon. -Rick
And we were right, just compare your mikey wih the most recent one, your's is missing some paint apps on the hands, and ifyou remeber i did say that raph looked more like the real deal then mikey
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.