The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Classic Episode Talkback: Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this already.

First off; I loved the idea of this episode. I loved that there is a mutant hunter. I loved seeing an animated version of Tokka and Rahzer, albeit more intelligent.

But because of the lack of continuity, this episode just seemed like a missed opportunity. Where where all the previously introduced mutants? Why include a bland evil villain that also happens to be a slug? And why animate unknown mutants with no background or development that we will never see again?

Let's start with Dirk Savage. Other then an obvious Nick Fury/Punisher ripoff, why couldn't he have been Captain Hoffman from the Anti-Turtle Squad or one of it's other members?

I'm glad to see two of the Punk Frogs and Mondo Gecko represented but where was Mona Lisa, Muckman & Joe Eyeball, Slash, Dirtbag & Groundchuck, Leatherhead, Ray or even Bebop & Rocksteady? The Turtles having to save an enemy would have been an interesting quandary. Where was Attila and Rasputin when they learned their two brothers were kidnapped? This was a great opportunity to showcase all the mutants previously seen.

As much as I liked seeing Tokka and Rahzar, they felt added in and really serve no purpose. The Turtles running into Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Slash, Ray, Dirtbag or Groundchuck would have served the same purpose. A scene even involving Savage skulking the sewers and running into Mondo Gecko, Muckman or Ray would have been nice and added to the sewer world.

Maybe I'm biased because I love mutants and some of my favs were left out but I felt short changed.

What did everyone else think? Were there mutants you would have liked to appear or were you happy with the episode as is?
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.