Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie
Having an abusive boyfriend in which she left him for good anyway =/= a legitimate love interest. Having a pervy old man stalker after a girl =/= she's love interest. Come on now.
AT has pass because both. I like it, it has more girls and they're not afraid to show it, and some of their stories are really really mature. It doesn't insult children's intelligence.
Admit it, there are times in 2K12 it feels... immature. Remember the Metalhead episode the three turtles never thought of attacking the Kraang attached to it's head? Yeah, I'm sure I can't be the only one who thought they're ridiculous.
|
Ciro did say during the podcast (which I wonder how many people actually listened to; not talking to anyone in particular btw, just a thought) that it's a rule in animation for kids shows to never have headshots. However, they do occasionally kick kraangs around and stuff-let's not forget donnie smashing one against a wall in operation breakout-so I don't really know how true that actually is...
The point is, it is immature cause it's sort of supposed to be like that. Other shows might have different aims, but this show's creators intended this one to be this way. I would also love for more in depth stories, but you know, the show isn't really for us. It's supposed to be fun, not constant drama. Besides, there is probably a TON of red tape at nickelodeon when it comes to dealing with more mature themes.
Truth is, we can all sit here and talk about this all we want, but it's their show. We can suggest changes, but that's it. At the end of the day, they are just gonna do what they think it's best for the series. And honestly, so far, they've been doing a good job at it.