The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #36
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't agree with you 100%. I think it's more accurate to say that the most public aspects of the Ninja Turtles have been the sillified juvenile series: Next Mutation, the movies, and the Fred Wolf cartoon. All of the comic series (Mirage, Image, IDW, even Adventures) were serious and aimed at adults as much as teens. And those are the ones people never know about, in my experience.

The Fred Wolf cartoon is a huge double-edged sword. Without it, I don't think TMNT would ever have seen life as more than Mirage Volume 1. Fred Wolf popularized it and marketed the HELL out of it. But it did so at the cost of TMNT's credibility and appeal to mature audiences. And so we are forever damned by "Cowabunga" and pizza. Bittersweet.
I'm fully aware man, but thanks for that history lesson? lol...

What i was saying, is that, in my opinion, FW (after the first 6 eps that is, i still find those watchable, to an extent) was bad, but even 2003 was, kiddified.

That's blasphemy to some. I don't care. It wasn't really Mirage, as evidenced in the end of Turtles Forever, though many would argue it's the best incarnation. I disagree. The 2003 versions look like pussy's in the end.

Yes there are quite a few good Mirage stories, but there are also stupid mirage stories. I hate the art from the Archie series, it's just obnoxious, BUT there were some good in there.

I think it can be done better, periode. The best is yet to come, in my opinion, but it needs the right people to care, and understand what the movie should be.

It's not about an incompetent Girl and her friends down the drain. It's not about Orange Crush. It's not about New York mountains, or singular set pieces of boring. The list is a mile long.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.