The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2017, 05:10 AM   #11
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
I agree with some sentiments here. This final showdown really ought to have been paced better. While Donatello got some spotlight and a lesson in the "Heart of Evil" they could have dealt with that in less than an episode and gave the demon's end game more space to breathe.

I really feel they could have at one point had Kavaxas mention the requirements for his reign before this episode. If not outright saying what they are then at least eluding to them.

I suppose you could argue they were too caught off guard when they encountered Kavaxas the first time but they seemed to do alright fighting the next two times, they lost the fights but not as badly as the first time.

The explanation for the mutant hobos works for me. I wondered if Super Shredder ooze could cause some wacked out mutations for other people/creatures.

I'm amused by them reusing the China Town ghost for this and I guess extending Tatsu's use wasn't a bad call but I also agree there were plenty of dead foes they could have included here. The whole spirits assaulting the city thing was rather short-lived.

I suppose I like that Shredder dragged Kavaxas back into the underworld. It doesn't make up for much of the terrible things he did but it's something.

That whole "look toward the light" thing felt needless.

This whole thing felt like a stupid reason to temporarily revive Shredder and Bradford and it's the last we'll see of Xever and Tiger Claw on top of that? What the shell? That's no way to send these characters off with a hand wave and a sudden truce. I do prefer they live on instead of die at the hands of the turtles but if they're going to live on and reform, I'd like to see their character arcs lead to them have an epiphany that doesn't feel so sudden and convenient. If they were going to put in no effort in giving these guys a worthwhile send-off then actually killing them off in Owari would have been better. In this case Xever is like "this is getting too wack for me, I'm out" and Tiger Claw just realizes there's no point in fighting anymore because his plan to resurrect his master doesn't pan out? It seems sloppy if nothing else.

Nice to have Splinter show up briefly. That gave his death a bit more closure.

Definitely some loose ends remaining from this arc such a TON of mutant hobos with some Shredder in them and I doubt they'll even be mentioned again.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.