The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
Ulisa
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Various Fantasy Realms
Posts: 145
Any good ideas from the Red Sky era?

So, the Red Sky era is usually regarded as the most controversial of the FW cartoon. I know people that loved the change, I know people that despised it. I'm personally in the middle. There were things about it that I loved, there were things that I hated. I don't watch it as much as I do the rest of the series but that's not to say it does not have its merits. However, what I have found is that it definitely had some IDEAS that I would have liked to see expanded upon that weren't. I feel it was more the execution than the plots themselves that were bad (with the exception of the secondary mutations)

The idea of the mutant prejudice getting worse was a good angle and I am a big fan of the episode "Cry H.A.V.O.C" because of the idea of a mutant sanctuary dividing the turtles. It's nice to see them split in two groups because of difference of opinion and I liked seeing the two groups interact with one another. Leonardo and Michelangelo tend to be my favorite team up so I enjoyed them working off one another and Raphael and Donatello seem to have the same idea of humans in this series so that felt like a natural pair up as well. I just feel they could have expanded it a lot more than they did. This is a series known for all their mutants. I would have liked to see more of the old mutants return.

Shredder becoming more threatening, especially regarding his famous "I never bluff" scene was a nice addition. I do enjoy Shredder as a comedic villain in this series but it was nice to see him suddenly take things more seriously as well. Under that same token, the turtles use their weapons more in this era, so that was nice to see as well.

Also, while I was not a huge fan of Dregg, I found I did like a few of the one-shot villains they introduced in these seasons. I would have liked to see more development on them and maybe them used more than once but it was a nice change from the "mad scientist of the week" type of villains. Some of them definitely had a BTAS feel (Chronos was essentially "The Clock King") but I don't necessarily think that was a bad thing.

Lastly, I have to admit, I like the idea they had for a finale-touch--the turtles being recognized as full ninjas and masters in their own right. It lends itself to a very well done conclusion, but I would have preferred to see more thought put into it; it seemed a little "tacked on" but if expanded could have worked really well.

Any thoughts?
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.