The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior
 
PizzaPower1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 947
Question Should the Franchise Be Going In the Opposite Direction?

Hi, I haven't been here in ages, but...

I have been thinking about TMNT a lot lately, continuing on with what Waltz, Eastman and co. at IDW have been doing, watching 2K3, watching the best of the OT, re-reading all of Mirage Vol. 1, playing the video games and watching the 3 original films.

My question is... Is TMNT being too dumbed down? Is it becoming solely a children's property or a property for younger audiences? Should it be? Or should we be getting back toward what Kevin (Eastman) and Peter (Laird) originally envisioned? This is a trend I have noticed with a lot of 30+ year old properties (they are becoming far too kid friendly for the original fans).

Most of us original TMNT fans are now in our 30's and 40's (I'm 34). Is there a point where we become too old for things like the 2012 cartoon, Rise, the Bay films etc.? Are the Waltz/Eastman comics the only recent "serious" TMNT we can get? I'm not saying it should be exactly like Mirage and every aspect should be somber, violent or serious, but does every media adaptation, film, cartoon have to be marketed DIRECTLY toward children?

Why has it become this way? Is it Nickelodeon's fault? Or am I just imagining things/too old and have lost the plot? Should I just shut up and enjoy what I have and ignore everything new?
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.