The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2020, 01:28 AM   #1
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
"Fist Daggers"

(inb4 phrasing/that's what she said)

A'ight, so many of the original line's action figures came with two of what Playmates called "fist daggers", or when given to a turtle, "Turtle Fist Daggers".

I didn't know what either was back then, but after growing up and learning more about weapons, I realized one was straight up a katar. Weird for an Indian weapon to be given to so many ninja, but Foot Ninja had them in the comics, so whatever.

The other thing, I still can't really identify to this day. It's like... three spikes on a bar. That's it. There doesn't seem to be any real way to hold something like that, the figures just had the ability to put the bar in their hand, but that seems awkward AF. I think it was Cartwheelin' Don had something similar, but it actually had a looping handle that was way bigger than any of the spikes.

I would not say I'm an expert, but I have read up on weapons a lot over my years. I'm more versed in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean weapons than anything else, but I do have some study on others. I'd like to know just what the hell these other "Fist Daggers" are supposed to be. It's kinda been one of those things that drives me nuts every time I think about it.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
accessories, fist daggers, toys, weapons


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.