![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
Was there a reason to make a FW comic instead of an Archie continuation?
Yes, I know that's kind of a stupid question because the answer is pretty obvious.
Spoiler:
But let's pretend that we don't understand that, what compelling reason is there? While I'm not exactly going to claim Archie was some great comic book (in fact, I don't even like it, the artwork is often really sloppy and the writing preachy), there is clearly more meat there than the FW show. Not to mention that because they are both the product of Playmates wanting promotional material for the toyline, which means there is plenty of overlap in both how the characters are presented and which characters appear in the first place. If they had done an Archie revival instead of a FW tie-in, I don't think it would confuse casuals much beyond the mandatory explanation that Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady had to come back from some alien planets they didn't remember seeing in the show. |
|
|
|
|
|