The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Favorite TMNT Stories ever.

Just post your favorite (not best) stories or individual issues episodes, be it from the original comics, Image, the New Cartoon, Archie, or any incarnation. Caveats: You have to describe the story (since chances are some of us won't recognize the choices) explain your choice, and you only get one pick and one runner up.

My pick: "The Angel of Times Square", CSMNTA #62-66. A NYC con man claims to be in contact with an Angel, and April investigates the claim. Oh, and it's set in January 31, 1999.

Explanation: I'm honestly not sure why I like this story so much. The plot is nothing special. The dialogue is middling, at times. The art not outstanding, even if it is appropiate. Which isn't to say there's nothing to like. I love Dean Clarrain's solo April stories, so big points there. I love Oyuki, so seeing her again was a plus. Also, I love "X number of years later" stories, so I liked the fact that it was set on the future, which leaves April's status quo up in the air and up for speculation. I also appreciated seeing Ninja April, after her training at the hands of Splinter.

Still, if I had to give a reason, I'd say it's the atmosphere, which I think has an unique kind of maturity to it. It's not particularly dark, or particularly serious, but it feels like it. It just feels real. And I loved the pseudo-philosophical ending, and how much it doesn't feel like one.

Runner up: "Once, Again, Always". Tight little story, especially the Raphs and Ninjara moments.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.