The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quick Rant

I just need to rant, I dont intend to hurt any ones feelings here, but this has to be said.

Over the last few weeks I have been rereading my TMNT collection from vol. 1to vol. 4 and the archie series.

When I got to vol. 4...I wanted to scream!
What he did with April and raph and splinter is unforgivable, killing off splinter was unneeded it felt like it was just to help sales

making raph this giant monster has no value to it

and Aprils orgin was...I dont even have words for it!

Does laird even have a direction with this? As a writer you plan were your stories are going to lead to, what the theme is, the values. I havent seen any bit of that in any of these stories.
I know he's a slow paced writer, but this is ridiculous, Peter needs a english teacher with a lot of red ink to go over his scripts.

Its called Teenage mutant ninja turtles, but as far as I understand there not teenagers, and I havent seen any thing to do with ninjas or japan!
So why not rename it Mutant Turtles, to fit in with Lairds science fiction themes.

Every time I pick up a new issue, I am very optimstic I come in thinking "Maybe it will get better, maybe now he's going to show us somthing good?" But I always close the book with even more hate in my heart.

If I remember right, Laird said he's not writing these for any one else but for him self? I could be wrong, again sorry If I am, but he has to under stand if that is true that after awhile when somthing like the turtles becomes popular its no longer in control of the creator, its controled by every one, it has become its own being, and you need to treat it like so.

I've been a fan all my life, turtles are my life. Ask any one that knows me, and they'll tell you I need somthing turtle like in order to get through my day, and this pains me to see what Laird has been doing with the turtles, I think Laird has finally run out of ideas, its time for him to call it quits.

The art in this Volume is very stylized, but at the same time very lazy, I understand where he's coming from as a artist my self, but arent these books bimonthy? Then he has way more time comapared to other artists out there to produces what he once was able to. Making comics his is job and I believe you give it your all in your work, doing half assed work will get you fired at a lot of places.

I enjoy reading Tales of the TMNT, I think those are very innovative in Turtle stories, I enjoy what I get in those books.

A comic is suppose to be a escape from reality, the story and art are suppose to take you to another world. Peter and Lawson do not do a good job at making me believe in the turtles any more, I feel like Peters stories are forced, and Lawson dosent care any more in what he does.

But because of the love I have for the turtles, I will contunie time and time again to buy these comics because of the loyalty I have for them...but I just dont know how much longer I can stay loyal if they contunie this path...

It has always been my dream to be a TMNT comic artist, but I feel my views would get in the way of what Peter wants.

Maybe one day I will see the turtles on the right track again, I still have hope that the turtles can be great again...some day.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.