Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish
This is a sort of random comment, but did anyone ever see the animated Watership Down movie? It's rated PG and it shows a rabbit having its throat ripped out, another one torn apart by a dog, a squashed hedgehog on a road, a rabbit choking in a snare...
|
Never saw it, but now that you described it like that...now I wanna see it. I'm going to go track it down. Marvel at the powers of suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish
I feel that the trailer was too kiddie at times, but it was really intense at the end. 
|
I think the trailer was cut to appeal to the kiddies (it must've, if it was paired with
Eragon). If I hadn't seen the leaked pics, I would've thought that it was all monster stuff and fighting. I can't wait for the more serious cut, the one that'll deal with the family dysfunction and the more intense fight scenes and everything.
And...you guys are gonna crucify me for this, but I agree with some of the points the critics brought up in regards to the original live-action movies, particularly the lighting. So the critics didn't "get" the turtles, but that's the challenge of making a movie that's good enough and universal enough that the masses--the people who might not get the comics or the cartoons or the games--can "get" what's so appealing about the franchise.