Wow, so many posts in such a short time.

Thanks for all the info, folks. So Kirby was meant to be an alternate reality ninja turtle. That's probably the best way they could have introduced a fifth turtle without it being silly like Venus (I know, it sounds strange saying that a character from an alternate dimension isn't as silly as something else, but it's true). I like how dark the character feels which makes me think he was meant to be an anti-hero of sorts, or perhaps just a hero who was forced to survive in a dark and gritty world, which in turn influenced his personality. That seems to be the most obvious choice of personality too, since we've already got turtles that fit the four major personality types. Raph is a bit of a jerk, but Kirby sounds like he would be a bit darker and crazier. Raph's attitude is more motivated by love, hate, and sarcasm, but I think Kirby's would be more motivated by cynicism, assuming that he did actually come from a darker and grittier world. Eh, I'm sort of rambling now.
Anyway, I'm not sure how the movie would have turned out, especially since the third film wasn't nearly as dark as this one sounds like it was meant to be. But I like the character, and I think he would make a good Mirage version of Slash. I wouldn't mind seeing him in some issues of Tales or something.
So I guess that makes, what? Like 8 official mutant turtles throughout the various universes?
Leo,
Don,
Mike,
Raph,
Kirby,
Venus,
Slash, and
Tokka? Crazy stuff. I don't think there are any more, are there?
EDIT: Oh, and I guess there are 2 turtle robots too:
Metalhead (OT) and
Turtlebot.... Anything else?