![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 95
|
If Shredder had Raised the Turtles
I was ruminating on this alternate reality for some reason last night. Getting past the initial idea that if Shredder had somehow come across these four little goo-covered turtles that he probably would have:
1. Kept on walking 2. Squished them 3. Brought them home for soup I wondered how this would have changed the turtles as we know them. For one thing, they would hardly be “sons” in Shredder’s eyes and be more like investments. They would have a detached notion of what it meant to be apart of a family and I can’t see Shredder taking the time to educate them on anything but how to kill. So how would that change the TMNT as we know them? For one, I think Michelangelo would be the most changed in this alternate reality. I can’t imagine he’d be able to maintain an optimistic and sunny disposition under these conditions. As for Raphael, this would really bring out his dark, angst-filled, inner dragon. Shredder may even favor him for his raw rage and aggression. However, I think Raphael would get himself killed all too quickly without anyone teaching him control or restraint. Leo? I think he’d have the same focus and willingness to please, but so much of my perception of Leo is wrapped up in the philosophies he’s been immersed in by Splinter. It’s hard to picture who he would be without those principles guiding him. As for Donatello, would all of his intellect go to waste? It could go either way. If Shredder recognized Don’s intellectual aptitude and decided to capitalize on it, we could have a mad scientist Don on our hands. Alternatively, if Shredder never noticed or cared, what would Don be like without any intellectual outlet? In an atmosphere heavy with criminal tendencies and hate, would the turtles still bond as brothers? Without any support system and Shredder’s emphasis on the fact they were “freaks”, they could hate each other for being reflections of what they despise in themselves. The concept interests me – all that nature v. nurture stuff. Has anyone else ever chewed on this? |
|
|
|
|
|