The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I finally got Grunts and noticed

it apparently is the first mention in Mirage regarding the deal with Playmates to produce a toy line based on the Turtles, along with a two-page first look at the line, and the five-part MWS cartoon series that started the craze in December '87.

It was pretty cool, after all these years of wanting the book I finally got it for a buck and was thrilled to read through it and then at the end the stories are "interrupted for a special announcement" from Kevin and Peter to annouce the secret they had been forced to keep for quite a while.

It was a bit surreal, personally, almost like being transported back in time and feeling the excitement leap right off the page! It was also a bit...*sigh* bittersweet, for lack of a better term, because sitting in my lounger in 2010 I know how the events played out after that announcement: the wave of Turtle-mania, the ebbing of the franchise as our generation grew out of the Turtles and moved on to other properties, the growing divide between Kevin and Peter and the fallout leading to Kevin removing himself from the "monster" he co-created, all the way up to Peters resurrection of the cartoon and comic series and the eventual selling of the entire IP to Viacom.

I sat in silence for a moment, allowing myself to feel the wonder and amazement of a cartoon series about the four awesome Turtles I've read about and seeing how cool the toys looked, even then, then slowly letting myself return to the present.

I was somewhat sad, but at the same time happy that it all happened. For without the cartoon I may have never met the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Oh yeah, and Grunts is an all-around awesome book!! I really enjoyed Peter's Triceraton tale and Dooney's account of Fluffy losing a friend in battle.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.