The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #341
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Anybody got a source for my memory or did I just dream the whole thing up one night after eating too much Pizza Hut stuffed crust?
Don't have a source, but I support your claim. I always thought it was screwy that they had more digits on their hands than their feet, and figured out that they have feet comparitive to birds in the Mirage source material. Seems I recall Pete confirming it somewhere too (probably in one of his Blast From The Past posts that had been on NinjaTurtles.com).
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #342
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Some might say the turtles have had 3 "toes" since the very beginning. I seem to remember Peter Laird saying somewhere that the back part of each turtle's foot is supposed to be another "toe."

Anybody got a source for my memory or did I just dream the whole thing up one night after eating too much Pizza Hut stuffed crust?
yeah, I think it's in the How to Draw TMNT book. Published by Solson, got it back home in Norway.

The turtles apparently also had retractable claws in their initial designs.

I like the toe-heel, it's very nightcrawler-ish
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #343
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just curious, did any of you ask them if Nick ever tried to buy the rights of the original series from Fred Wolf/Lionsgate?

It'd be nice to see all 3 series owned by the same company.


You got to sit in on a table read....with ROB PAULSEN!!!

*head esplode*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #344
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
The drawings look fantastic! They have an old school Mirage Studios / Frank Miller vibe!

Last edited by cartoonistaaron; 03-06-2024 at 12:51 AM.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #345
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Thanks for clearing that up, Rose.

What an awesome event for you guys to have access too

What I am most curious about was the Q&A portion of the trip. Are you allowed to talk about the types of questions they asked you and the replies you gave?

Also, if you have the time (and legality) to describe some of the pilot episode, or even the general direction this series is headed, it would make my day!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #346
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Wait, so tmntmaster is the official Nickelodeon Twitter? Or did I get that wrong and that's a fan's watermark?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #347
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I kinda wonder how diffrent from Raphael Rob played Donatello.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #348
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I have to say I'm a whole lot more excited for this now than I thought I was going to be.
Wow, Rose, I don't think I've heard you be optimistic about the TMNT's future for years!

That flash drive also sounds pretty cool.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #349
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
I am so horribly sad to say that everything I witnessed today as far as content (with the exception of the voices) made me sick to my stomach it was like witnessing my worst paranoid fears come to life this went from being magical to disgusting. Some of you will say "awww come on joe it wasn't that bad" and to you I say "keep on allowing yourself to call yourself a turtle fan you weak willed sheep" I spoke up for the turtles today if nickelodeon decides to ignore me and a couple of others that's fine but at least we put up a fight
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #350
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
I am so horribly sad to say that everything I witnessed today as far as content (with the exception of the voices) made me sick to my stomach it was like witnessing my worst paranoid fears come to life this went from being magical to disgusting. Some of you will say "awww come on joe it wasn't that bad" and to you I say "keep on allowing yourself to call yourself a turtle fan you weak willed sheep" I spoke up for the turtles today if nickelodeon decides to ignore me and a couple of others that's fine but at least we put up a fight
Sounds like you gave them their money's worth, Joe.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #351
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Until severe changes are made I refuse to support this version of tmnt in any way shape or form
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #352
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
Until severe changes are made I refuse to support this version of tmnt in any way shape or form
If you no longer want to keep your souvenirs, I'll be happy to give them a good home!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #353
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
However with my vicious onslaught of a post I would still like to thank nickolodeon for allowing me to speak my mind directly and for having me out on their dime a ballsy move on their part now the question is do they have the balls to take it into consideration or lose any respect I have left by continuing this abomination as is the ball is in your court nick you are all severely nice people but you are ruining one of the only things I hold dear
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #354
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
Until severe changes are made I refuse to support this version of tmnt in any way shape or form
Huh. I didn't know you were so displeased when you left. I mean, to each their own opinion obviously, I guess I just didn't get that vibe off you.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #355
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Wow, Joe. You're the one dissent. Now I'm concerned.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 03-30-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: I cain't spel gud
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #356
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You're the one decent.
Say what? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #357
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Descent...to be the lone voice of distaste.

I suck at spelling.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #358
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
I really really really tried to be okay with it mostly because of the people involved but you can keep pouring sugar on a turf and its still a turf. I love you to death stefan bit you know there was much left to be desired with this thing. Im not going to settle with this one im not about to see the turtles be changed into some sort of hideous butt baby like the transformers were.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #359
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
That's suppose to say turd not turf stupid spell correct
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #360
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Descent...to be the lone voice of distaste.

I suck at spelling.
Still wrong, dawg. Dissent.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.