The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you anticipate more
I want to see how they will look more 24 63.16%
I want to know if they will be aliens or not first 8 21.05%
Other 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
New turtle movie: what do you want to see first

There are multiple threads that disscusss the alien origin, and the look what do you want to see first, how the turtles will look, or if their aliens or not?

Note, if you put other, please explain what you are talking about.
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
I'm definitely more interested to see how they'll look. When all is said and done, I'd more than likely be ok with any change in origin, assuming it was explained properly and worked for the movie's story. I'm more worried about how they'll look. I want them to be familiar and look good, but at the same time I don't wouldn't want to force them to be exactly like any of the previous incarnations either.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i think i wanna c the story 1st...since its gonna be live action, i don't expect they will make them look more realistic than cgi...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
The butts.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
April's butts.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
April's butts.
No thanks.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'd rather a sneek peak of their appearance before anything else. But not the whole thing, I wanna be surprised a bit in the theater.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'd rather a sneek peak of their appearance before anything else. But not the whole thing, I wanna be surprised a bit in the theater.
Gotta agree with this!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Yeah, I'd like to see what they look like first too.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
The story more then anything for me.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I can agree with the "What do these Turtles look like." angle. Trailers almost give too much away anymore. I just wanna see the guys.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I want to know if they're aliens or not. If they finally happen to be aliens, I'll be ready to see some major changes in the way they look.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
I'm anxious to see what they look like. Jim Henson's Creature Shop will always remain tops in my book.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
I'd have to go with looks. When it gets down to it, if the Turtles look too weird or ridiculous, I'm probably not going to enjoy the film as much. I'm both excited for and anxious about the CGI. If it looks as amazing and realistic as what they did in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, this could be one hell of a TMNT film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoNerdo View Post
I'm anxious to see what they look like. Jim Henson's Creature Shop will always remain tops in my book.
Same.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I’m most excited for the first design leak. You know it will happen.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
I'd have to go with looks. When it gets down to it, if the Turtles look too weird or ridiculous, I'm probably not going to enjoy the film as much. I'm both excited for and anxious about the CGI. If it looks as amazing and realistic as what they did in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, this could be one hell of a TMNT film.:
so. The giant turtles in bandanas can't look weird or ridiculous. Uh.......ok?

Realistic looking Ninja Turtles would be awful.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
so. The giant turtles in bandanas can't look weird or ridiculous. Uh.......ok?

Realistic looking Ninja Turtles would be awful.
It's not lost on me that giant Turtles wearing bandannas are, by default, ridiculous. But surely you'd agree there are good-looking interpretations of the TMNT and there are bad-looking (i.e. weird/ridiculous) interpretations of the TMNT, no? That's all I meant. For example, if the Turtles in TMNT III looked more like the Turtles in TMNT 1 or 2, I would have enjoyed the film a lot more than I did.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #18
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Realistic looking Ninja Turtles would be awful.
Yes. I hope we don't get something that looks like this: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-conte.../realtmnt1.jpg
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Or this: http://abduzeedo.com/hyperrealistic-...es-dave-rapoza
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Yes. I hope we don't get something that looks like this: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-conte.../realtmnt1.jpg
Wow what the heck is that? I mean I know it's a ninja turtle but.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.