The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 11:54 PM   #581
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But if you've never read any stupid books, never seen anything at all but the movies... (which is actually what TPTB wanted, what they set this all up for) how the hell do you approach 7 with any kind of understanding?

Everything fed to us in 7 is, "The First Order is growing, way out there, even though they were beat down and back when they were called 'the Empire' and 6 happened 35 years ago and never heard from since." "There's a New Republic!" "There's a Resistance against the First Order! (why?)" But what the f*** does any of this mean, and why? What did those New Republic planets blowing up mean to the New Republic? Again, no sense of stakes or playing field or anything.

We literally receive 0 answers to any of these questions. I'm more surprised that people aren't equally as confused as me.
That was my absolute biggest issue with the TFA. I had no idea what the stakes were.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:59 PM   #582
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Same, though I am feeling fairly optimistic about this one. I mainly just want to see Hamill as Luke again.
Me too, hope they use him well. I was not impressed that Luke didn't make the last one.

Quote:
I'd still bet the farm Rey will go evil in Episode 8.
I could be wrong but I don't think it likely that neither her or Luke will go dark, I suppose they would want to show strength on her part to break free of it, or bring Luke back if it was him.

Edit: I wonder how much we'll find out about who/what Snoke is in this, If he has been around for a while has he ever had any involvement with Palpatine

Last edited by newfan; 12-06-2017 at 12:34 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 AM   #583
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Edit: I wonder how much we'll find out about who/what Snoke is in this, If he has been around for a while has he ever had any involvement with Palpatine
Read a spoiler about Snoke just a few minutes ago. You get a lot of info about him, but very little concrete revelations.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #584
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Read a spoiler about Snoke just a few minutes ago. You get a lot of info about him, but very little concrete revelations.
Spill the beans.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #585
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Spill the beans.
Take with a grain of salt, we'll know something more concrete because there's no social media embargo we know of

Spoiler:
Snoke has the memories and experiences of previous Sith generations, including Anakin and the Emperor, presumably this is what ties him to the prequels as he likely also is made up of the essences of Maul and Dooku
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #586
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Take with a grain of salt, we'll know something more concrete because there's no social media embargo we know of

Spoiler:
Snoke has the memories and experiences of previous Sith generations, including Anakin and the Emperor, presumably this is what ties him to the prequels as he likely also is made up of the essences of Maul and Dooku
Oh, so...
Spoiler:
he kinda soaks up the essence when the die. Like a creature formed from them? Or the route of the dark force, tehy get their energy from him
Old 12-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #587
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
That was my absolute biggest issue with the TFA. I had no idea what the stakes were.
Have the stakes changed at all?
It's a universe perpetually trying to bring itself into balance and overshooting the mark.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #588
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Spoiler:
Huh. That sounds lame. How would he even do that?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #589
Vegita-San
Emperor

about as bad as making mind melds across galaxies possible.

read some of the plot leak for 8 and it sounds boring if true.
And if the stuff about luke is true, it's down right depressing. that's not the luke I wanted to see return.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #590
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
about as bad as making mind melds across galaxies possible.

read some of the plot leak for 8 and it sounds boring if true.
And if the stuff about luke is true, it's down right depressing. that's not the luke I wanted to see return.
I haven't read any of that. Doesn't Hamill have a problem with Luke in this?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #591
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I haven't read any of that. Doesn't Hamill have a problem with Luke in this?
yep, and ithe stuff I read is true, I can see why.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #592
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Where are you guys reading this stuff? Somebody point me in the right direction.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #593
Vegita-San
Emperor

I thought the link was here? I'll see if I can refind it, but someone posted a entire movie plot leak on reddit

this wasn't the post I found, but it starts off the same..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspe...k_lengthy_but/

Last edited by Vegita-San; 12-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #594
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I thought the link was here? I'll see if I can refind it, but someone posted a entire movie plot leak on reddit

this wasn't the post I found, but it starts off the same..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspe...k_lengthy_but/
If that's true, that doesn't sound too bad to me at all. It would address a lot of the problems of 7 while giving some moments I've always wanted to see. I'm kind of skeptical of its validity, though. I thought we know that 8 immediately picks up on the island with Luke and Rey? And that possible spoiler that ZariusTwo is talking about isn't mentioned there.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #595
Vegita-San
Emperor

cause I registered my R2 with lucasfilm, I got a free press invite to the last jedi. sadly, no one i know likes driving to the city it's in :/....including me.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #596
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...ith-questions/

Spoiler:
Rey with Ben's broken kyber crystal light saber?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #597
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Watch the Red Carpet Premiere Right Now!

Old 12-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #598
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I can't believe a new Star Wars episode is coming out next week and I not only do I not have tickets yet but I don't feel compelled to get them yet.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #599
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I can't believe a new Star Wars episode is coming out next week and I not only do I not have tickets yet but I don't feel compelled to get them yet.
same here. the effect SJW star wars has on a person.

Boy, Mark Hamil looks like he could care less and give two craps about it. he does NOT look happy at all.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #600
sdp
Megan Fox = April

it's not that which isn't doing it for me, I just don't feel the magic, hype or excitement and I don't know why, it's sad. I could always get super hyped for Star Wars and not get enough of it for months, I devoured so much SW media as Episode VII was about to come out and nothing, it's just too soon.

Hamill alone should get my hyped but it's just not working, I can understand not caring for any future trilogy but this one, this sequel trilogy is all I ever wanted and hoped would be announced one day.

Am I becoming an adult? I also lost any hype for any of the future DC movies and didn't even care to watch Justice League. Maybe as I'm getting older I just can't get like an overhyped nerd as easy as I used to when I have larger responsabilities?

Or did Disney just oversaturate with Star Wars stuff I wasn't interested in? I'm still super hyped for Jurassic World 2 so maybe I'm still a kid inside. Has Disney really done so much to keep my interest so low? I hated Episode III but that didn't stop my hype for any other SW projects Lucasfilm would announce.

I don't know, it's just depressing to not be able to get excited with Episode VIII on the horizon. I don't think what I've seen looks horrible either, I just feel "meh" about it.

I think I'm going to have to force myself to watch it and if it's a good movie it can help re-start my Star Wars hype. It'll be a sad day when I can't get excited over Star Wars, one of my favorite franchises.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw