The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #241
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,716
The point of the term is backhanded. We know these people aren't nice, but they believe they are. When they don't get what they want, they blame it not on themselves and their behavior, but on the person denying them.
Can't they just see how much of a Nice Guy they are?

I'd imagine there are all kinds of problems that we're not all privy to because they don't affect us personally, this doesn't negate them as being problems to those that experience them.

The article I posted from Dr Nerdlove was published five years ago.
So this isn't a new buzzword, but rather one that you haven't been exposed to previously.

You're just one of the lucky 10,000 for this particular thing, that's all.

__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #242
d_osborn
Stone Warrior
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 974
The Plastron Saint of the Technodrome.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/giphy.gif
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #243
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,924
The fact this discussion took very little time to turn into "All Trump supporters are Nazi's & all men online are woman-haters" is toxic.

This thread needs to be locked.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #244
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The fact this discussion took very little time to turn into "All Trump supporters are Nazi's & all men online are woman-haters" is toxic.
Over a month isn't that bad, is it?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #245
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The fact this discussion took very little time to turn into "All Trump supporters are Nazi's & all men online are woman-haters" is toxic.

This thread needs to be locked.
That's sadly what every long thread has been turning into here lately. It's not just an exclusive problem of this place, though. The whole internet has been really into constantly arguing about feminism, sexism, racism, nazis, etc. for some years now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #246
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,716
No one's said half of that, Powder. Stand down.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #247
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,911
I gotta say it though, I might disagree often with her, but I admire plastron's dedication to online debates about social issues. I would never have the patience even if I was passionate about said issues.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #248
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I gotta say it though, I might disagree often with her, but I admire plastron's dedication to online debates about social issues. I would never have the patience even if I was passionate about said issues.

One might think I'm directly affected by the outcomes of said discussions.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #249
d_osborn
Stone Warrior
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I gotta say it though, I might disagree often with her, but I admire plastron's dedication to online debates about social issues. I would never have the patience even if I was passionate about said issues.
Like I said, the Plastron Saint of the Technodrome. She had some low-hanging fruit dangling right in front of her, but she took the informative high road.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #250
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
That's sadly what every long thread has been turning into here lately. It's not just an exclusive problem of this place, though. The whole internet has been really into constantly arguing about feminism, sexism, racism, nazis, etc. for some years now.
You're right, but this is a TMNT forum, & some users virtually NEVER even post about TMNT, even in the TMNT sections. They only soapbox about socio-political stuff, often times when it isn't even relevant to the topic. Places like this should be an escape from that, but instead there are a number of users who have dedicated their account to a "cause" which only incites drama under the guise of improving a social climate while actually making it more contentious.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #251
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,029
The Lady Plastron giveth, and the Lady Plastron taketh away...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #252
Sumac
Stone Warrior
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I gotta say it though, I might disagree often with her, but I admire plastron's dedication to online debates about social issues. I would never have the patience even if I was passionate about said issues.
Don't forget having copious amount of free time and belief that every discussion with bunch of random people will change the world, hence all this socio-political stuff should be brought into every thread.

So, yeah, dedication is...scary thing. Especially, when most of it turns into useless hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

One might think I'm directly affected by the outcomes of said discussions.
Sure, you showed'em, those horrible 10 people on Technodrome Forums.
Your contribution to the building New World of Progress will remain in ages!! IN AGES!!
__________________
Let's add some poison, shall we?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #253
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The Lady Plastron giveth, and the Lady Plastron taketh away...
Lady?
I think we both know that ain't exactly accurate.

And Powder, I totally apologize for stripping the Safe Space sign off the Toxicity in Fandom thread.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #254
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

Sure, you showed'em, those horrible 10 people on Technodrome Forums.
Your contribution to the building New World of Progress will remain in ages!! IN AGES!!

I sense some toxicity in this .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #255
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,029


Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #256
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,224
what is with that lady's neck? like she swallowed a star burst and it got stuck in there.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #257
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You do realize the IMDB forums have been shut down for like 2 years already though, yeah?
Yeah although it's still a huge loss and a sad reminder every time I look up a film there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
In short: The fanbros did it to themselves.
I would say that partly it was those types of people and partly it was random people. Remember IMDB isn't fan specific, it's something every person from every walk of life visited. How do you control that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The reason those forums were removed is -- probably -- because they received a lot of money from Sony, upset about the female Ghostbusters movie flak.
I would assume that has been the case with Star Trek Discovery as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But yeah, then the female Ghostbusters movie was about to come out and people attached to it like Leslie Jones were being "attacked" everywhere and things hit critical mass for Sony.
Sony didn't really mind though. They took it all in and promoted the film with bad press. Paul Feig promoted the movie as a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The point of the term is backhanded. We know these people aren't nice, but they believe they are. When they don't get what they want, they blame it not on themselves and their behavior, but on the person denying them.
Can't they just see how much of a Nice Guy they are?
Maybe I missed a thread but could you explain to me what this Nice Guy routine is actually about?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #258
Sumac
Stone Warrior
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I sense some toxicity in this .
I am poison flower.
But it's still better than zealot without brain.
__________________
Let's add some poison, shall we?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #259
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,218
I don't post often in the TMNT sections mainly because someone else has covered my opinion by the time I've read it.
__________________

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #260
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,432
When it comes to TMNT I enjoy posting my opinions and repeating myself over and over again on every TMNT universe known to man.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.