The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-14-2021, 11:28 AM   #241
ABrown
Banned

If this is a continuation of the original cartoon, then I think Teela and Evil-Lyn have been hitting the lesbian gym together for the last 35 years.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #242
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
If this is a continuation of the original cartoon, then I think Teela and Evil-Lyn have been hitting the lesbian gym together for the last 35 years.
No, no, no. You have to pay attention to the woke cues and correctly interpret these things so as not to offend an opportunis..... errr... someone. Teela hit the lesbian gym and Evil-Lyn had completed their re-assignment surgery.

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #243
Coola Yagami
Overlord

You see my problem is not so much having a woman step up but so much the emasculation of the pre-existing male hero for that to happen.

I would rather Adam be lost in a portal or some ******** than to have him literally be shamed away and by his supposed best friend too.

So not only does Teela take over, they make her a hateful bitch I'd like to see Skeletor curb stomp.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #244
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You see my problem is not so much having a woman step up but so much the emasculation of the pre-existing male hero for that to happen.

I would rather Adam be lost in a portal or some ******** than to have him literally be shamed away and by his supposed best friend too.

So not only does Teela take over, they make her a hateful bitch I'd like to see Skeletor curb stomp.
What you've said here is the root of all woke nonsense. But the haters disregard that logic in lieu of calling you a racist or a sexist or something . But the real truth that makes the woke nonsense insufferable is two or three fold:

-woke nonsense diminishes anything traditional for "the other", which immediately draws battle lines
-woke nonsense manifests in outlandish disproportion to "the world outside your window"
-woke nonsense, like modern liberalism, hides behind a veil of tolerance but in action is infiltrative, deconstructive and full of misguided vengeance. It's all a disingenuous lie. Don't believe any of it.

That's what these people want though. They don't want inclusion in a positive direction - they want negativity and to assault and harm anything traditional, most likely as a result of life-anger over personal psychology XYZ. That's the social angle, but the creator angle is most likely virtue signaling and onboarding so as to be part of "the Hollywood movement" of peers.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:26 PM   #245
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
No, no, no. You have to pay attention to the woke cues and correctly interpret these things so as not to offend an opportunis..... errr... someone. Teela hit the lesbian gym and Evil-Lyn had completed their re-assignment surgery.

https://i.imgur.com/888grzxl.jpg
Putting aside that for (what seems to be a sizable) portion of the show both characters will be sporting their classic designs what you've posted is supposed to be when the characters are older and more battle hardened.

I don't know what about them isn't feminine to you. They still have sizable busts and curves. Even their armor is figure hugging. Also not pictured there but we know that future Evil Lyn has long hair under her helmet for the first time ever. Surely by your logic she should have short hair, completely shaved on one side.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:44 PM   #246
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Putting aside that for (what seems to be a sizable) portion of the show both characters will be sporting their classic designs what you've posted is supposed to be when the characters are older and more battle hardened.

I don't know what about them isn't feminine to you. They still have sizable busts and curves. Even their armor is figure hugging. Also not pictured there but we know that future Evil Lyn has long hair under her helmet for the first time ever. Surely by your logic she should have short hair, completely shaved on one side.
Surely not by my logic. The hair comment is your "absolute" interpretation of what I'm describing. You are sandbagging. The imagery, battle hardened or not, is clearly meant to invoke modern SJW themes for "counter culture" women.

At least have the conversation on honest merits instead of denying the root of the thing and opting to straw man instead. That's weak, man. Also, I never said anything about "feminine" one way or the other. That's also your revealing interpretation of the direction of the conversation which basically reveals that in your mind any challenge of appearance that lesbian or built woman cannot also look "feminine" under any other scrutiny. Because I never said that.

Now how hard those themes play out in the show remains to be seen. Clearly.

Last edited by IMJ; 06-14-2021 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:31 AM   #247
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This would be what I would take issue with also even if I enjoy everything else. Star Wars Girl over on Youtube wants Teela to be the understanding one and not go through some angsty phase of self-discovery that turns her against Adam, her father, and even The Sorceress (assuming her mother survives the first episode), she wants her to nurture and pep talk Adam into taking back the power.

I don't mind Teela taking over for the first half of the series, I don't mind her being a little annoyed she had secrets kept from her, but you're right, she's known Adam since they were kids and while she was very critical of him in the old show, she was always loyal and protected him, and that protection wouldn't just stop if he didn't have the sword of power, if anything, she'd do her best to safeguard him even more because she knows everyone needs him.

So the journey for the first five episodes should be Adam and Teela together going off on a quest for the sword and to reform the old gang, while sorting out their trust and relationship issues.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-15-2021 at 01:39 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #248
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exactly!!! Classic Teela would help Adam, and be there for him emotionally.

Instead this looks more like Teela is gonna be like 'your false savior abandoned you like a coward, I'll take over and lead us to victory!"

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-16-2021, 02:59 AM   #249
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Gizomodo talked to Smith a bit about inclusiveness and representation in Revelation, and he offers a few more details on the character of Teela's friend Andra, and how she will largely be the one to react to the conflict in Eternia with fresh eyes, and be the conduit for viewers unfamiliar with the franchise

https://gizmodo.com/how-masters-of-t...man-1847010849
Old 06-16-2021, 03:32 AM   #250
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Gizomodo talked to Smith a bit about inclusiveness and representation in Revelation, and he offers a few more details on the character of Teela's friend Andra, and how she will largely be the one to react to the conflict in Eternia with fresh eyes, and be the conduit for viewers unfamiliar with the franchise

https://gizmodo.com/how-masters-of-t...man-1847010849
*Shakes head* as if we needed someone like that.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 AM   #251
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

People saw the segment on FatMan on Batman where he addressed the He-Man sidelined theories right? At least hear what he has to say about it (timestamp linked)

https://youtu.be/nyKia_byCfA?t=3343

He is pretty adamant that the series is about he-man, but isn't shy about stating some other characters do get to share some focus more, such as Teela.

He also had his two co-hosts comment and they back up his claims, as they have seen clips/episodes/scripts.

Rather you believe him or not, he is now very on record on denying some of these claims. So, if he's being honest, give him some credit after the show is out. If he's not, then I'm sure he'll be dragged into oblivion, but there you go.

For my part, here's where I stand. I was like 5yo when He-Man was a huge thing, so it was one of the first things I discovered on my own and loved, independent from my parents. I went around my house dressed like He-Man. I had a lot of the toys. Of course, TMNT was hot on its heels and replaced it not long after but it was still my first fandom and primed me for my eventual love for other fantasy stuff like Tolkien and D&D as I got older.

It is important to me that this update feels true to what the property and its characters always was, but I have a lot of room in my heart for expanding/updating it in areas where it's needed. Mostly in terms of story & animation quality, not wokeness for the sake of wokeness. So as long as that's all we are facing here, I'm 100% on board. The trailer was great so I'm ready for more.

I think what we are going to see is He-Man fall from grace in some form around the mid-season mark and they have to somehow bring him back by the end of the show, at least that's my current expectation if any of the rumors are anywhere near true -- and it may well be they are total ********. I think people who are upset that He-Man gets 'replaced' and exists the show are going to end up being wrong, so don't get so upset about it (unless it actually happens, then we'll talk.)

At the end of the day, She-Ra exists, and I hope that Kevin and the other showrunners realize that we only need Teela and Andra in the limelight up to a certain point, He-man is the star, always was, always will be as far as I'm concerned, if you want a badass girl hero as the focal point main character then She-Ra is where to do those stories, not in MOTU. They have their place in MOTU as support, not as replacements for He-Man.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-16-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:10 AM   #252
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There's an IMDB cast listing for the series. It doesn't guarantee accuracy, but it seems to indicate He-Man/Adam is in eight of the ten episodes and Teela is in six
Old 06-16-2021, 10:06 AM   #253
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
People saw the segment on FatMan on Batman where he addressed the He-Man sidelined theories right? At least hear what he has to say about it (timestamp linked)

https://youtu.be/nyKia_byCfA?t=3343

He is pretty adamant that the series is about he-man, but isn't shy about stating some other characters do get to share some focus more, such as Teela.
I think something like this is what we are all hoping for. But when your first, upfront push for the show goes on about "conversations about abuse", "addressing years of secrets" and then you share "woke" Teela and "tranny" Evil Lynn - I mean it's reasonable that sends a message, you know?

Letting other characters share focus in of itself is fine. It would be like Star Trek TNG where you'd have a Troi episode, or a Data episode and so on. It's good. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #254
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
There's an IMDB cast listing for the series. It doesn't guarantee accuracy, but it seems to indicate He-Man/Adam is in eight of the ten episodes and Teela is in six
Hmmm we'll have to see. The only way that makes sense is if while Teela is leading the reigns, Adam is still seen going on a journey of self-discovery. You know, the whole 'it's not the sword that makes you He-Man, the courage was within you all long' and all that.

Old 06-16-2021, 02:00 PM   #255
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Sadly, some of the Youtube hate merchants from the fandom menace are already claiming victory and saying ClownfishTV were right, citing that the trailer is just 'bait and switch'. In truth they were always going to start raging on this show at first opportunity.

Clownfish themselves devoted their coverage of the trailer to having a go at the 'saltier' She-Ra fans
Twitter she-ra fans deserved it after they attacked a little kid over some fanart.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:21 AM   #256
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Briefly turning to the subject of the second Netflix series, and the summary for one of the tie-in books actually goes out of it's way to mention She-Ra, will she be featured in the reboot?

https://www.btsb.com/utilities/BookD...675&AddTitle=0
Old 06-17-2021, 06:16 AM   #257
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Can you imagine the ultimate **** you if they sideline He-man, have Teela take over and then have She-Ra come in to save the day as the new Master of the Universe???

Talk about the ultimate emasculation of our favorite hero. If that isn't an image of modern day society I don't know what is.....

Old 06-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #258
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The show is called Masters of the Universe, it should deal with other people, especially since this show seems to have a lot of characters with lore and let's face it He-Man is the cheesiest aspect of the show.

I do think this show is going to fail, it won't matter if it's everything that boomers wanted or if it's all SJW. Either way I think the franchise is a tough sell but who knows. How are the sales numbers for toys? That's more important. I do think he-man fans in general should be happy they've been getting toys, 3 new shows, it's as big of a revival as it can get, if it isn't your cup of tea that's fine but at least you're getting stuff after all these years.

And for those that want He-Man, there's another show that's all about He-Man and he gets top billing:
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:48 AM   #259
ZariusTwo
Overlord

An Italian licensing catalogue covering the show confirms the second half won't be out until January 2022.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-17-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #260
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Preview of the Revelation tie-in comic

https://nerdist.com/article/masters-...clusive-pages/

Skeletor is apparent believed to be dead here