The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #4001
Leo656
The Franchise

Got toys, including a lucky find at Wal-Mart. And I got a haircut so I look about 10 years younger. My stylist was very friendly and had nice cleavage.

The tanning beds at the gym were offline but I guess you can't have everything.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:51 PM   #4002
Storm Eagle
Saved by

On Tuesday, I survived a catfish attempt.

On Wednesday, I knocked out two big assignments at work.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:15 PM   #4003
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

With certain people having left to go "camping" for a few days and not hogging the driveway, finally got a chance to give my poor Jeep a bath. Been way too long since I last got the chance to. Even got the inside all cleaned up, which it hasn't had done in forever.

And now my hands are dry as hell from all the soap and cleaner and fatigued joints, so look forward to probably sleeping pretty good...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #4004
Leo656
The Franchise

I am curious as to why "camping" is in quotes.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #4005
Leo656
The Franchise

Had a decent showing at the wrestling event I worked this afternoon. Sold some merch, made money. Came home and got some stuff in the mail that wasn't supposed to come until next week.

Also, there were a pair of absolutely f*cking drop-dead gorgeous girls in the front row at the show, and they both seemed to get a kick out of me flirting with them during my entrance. Even better, the guys they were there with didn't seem too upset about it, either, lucky for me.

We were actually talking with the one girl and her husband after the show, turns out she's a bikini model. I should've guessed.

Then on the way home we were cruising past a Walgreens with the top down on the convertible, and there was a flock of blonde hotties coming out of the place, so I wolf-whistled 'em and they thought that was great (according to my wife; we went by so fast I didn't catch their reaction but she saw them in the rear-view and said they seemed pretty thrilled).

My wife gives me a super-long leash. She actually loves that I do this kinda sh*t, on account of I don't actually cheat on her or anything. She was cracking up about me catcalling the blondes the rest of the way home. Again, lucky me.

I did end up getting a bad migraine at one point so it wasn't a perfect day, but I still think I came out way ahead overall.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:11 PM   #4006
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I am curious as to why "camping" is in quotes.
They took tents to stay at the camp ground, but it's at some "Frontier Town" in Maryland that has the general theme as per the name, rodeo shows (or something like that) and other shows, a small water park, rentable golf carts, little rentable covered wagon things with a little set of bunk beds for kids to sleep in at the camp site lot... So it's only camping in the loosest of terms.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:36 PM   #4007
Leo656
The Franchise

Well that's about as "rustic" as I'd be willing to get, so I say it counts. I refuse to ever be more than 37 feet from air conditioning.

Watched the tape from the show earlier... man, those chicks were eyeballing me from the jump. For their sake I hope their husbands/boyfriends didn't see the size of the smiles they threw at me.

Stuff like this does wonders for my self-esteem, at my age. My wife's too, actually. She loves it whenever hot girls find me attractive; makes her feel like she picked a winner.

Except for the one chick a few years ago who grabbed my dick at the bar in front of everyone, including her boyfriend and my wife. That was a situation. It's all fun and games until some drunk chick gets your pecker in the Von Erich Claw. Dizzy broads.

Weird postscript to THAT story, that chick's boyfriend actually came to a show I was at a week later and apologized on her behalf. I was like "No offense but your girl has some boundary issues, bruh!" and he's like "Yeah, she kinda does." That was years ago, kinda wonder if they're still together. Seeing as how she apparently had a habit of grabbing random strangers' dicks at the bar in public, somehow I have doubts.

Oh, my migraine went away. Whoooooo.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #4008
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Watched the tape from the show earlier... man, those chicks were eyeballing me from the jump. For their sake I hope their husbands/boyfriends didn't see the size of the smiles they threw at me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:22 PM   #4009
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh god, that looks like one of the chicks who used to kinda "stalk" guys at the shows way back in the day, until everybody blocked her on FB and she stopped coming to shows because that hurt her feelings.

Not for nothing, but I'm always amazed when I see, like, super-hot chicks like the ones today come out to a wrestling show. Because not to be mean, not a lot of wrestling fan chicks are hot. Some are VERY hot, but most seem to look like the ones in that gif, to be completely honest.

But yeah, the one must've been reading my mind while we were talking, because in my head I'm eyeballing her and thinking "HOW are you so f*cking hot?", and then she's like "I'm a bikini model, I have a competition in a few weeks" and I'm like "Well there ya go."

Y'know what's even more rare than a hot bikini model in the crowd at a random indie show? Two hotties sitting two seats away from each other. It's not altogether uncommon to have a couple Goddess-level chicks come out, but they're usually sitting on opposite sides. You never get lucky enough to have both of them in your eyeline at the exact same time. I'm walking out, I see the one, I'm like "Damn!" I take a step, there's ANOTHER one, and I'm just like "DAMN!" I couldn't even hide it, I very blatantly put the one "in-frame" and blew her a kiss, because she was a goddamn smoke-show. I almost sat in her f*cking lap.

I am very glad her boyfriend or whatever didn't take a swing at me. I half-expected him to, I was laying it on pretty thick as I have a habit of doing. Some guys don't like that kinda sh*t, for some reason.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #4010
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Well that's about as "rustic" as I'd be willing to get, so I say it counts. I refuse to ever be more than 37 feet from air conditioning.
True, lucky for them that recent heatwave was last weekend.

Think the campground itself is on part of a barrier island, just north of Assateague Island, so you might be able to survive that kind of camping with a good ocean breeze. (Camped on Assateague state park once myself, though that was very basic with only a modern bathroom building and a picnic table if you're lucky, but quite peaceful and a mostly empty beach to enjoy.)
Old 06-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #4011
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife has Lyme's Disease and it's kinda ruined her life, so I'm very skittish about staying outside in woodsy areas for extended lengths of time. Not even gonna front about that.

Everyone says "Oh, so what? You get bit by a tick you get bit by a tick. It's just Lyme's Disease." Until you get a random flare-up out of nowhere and the swelling and inflammation in your joints keeps you up for three days straight, because the pain becomes so unbearable you can't even move your arm let alone try to sleep. And by day three this normally-upbeat person who thinks people who even consider suicide are "wimps and pussies", to say nothing of those who actually follow-through with it, is now in tears openly declaring that the next flare-up is going to be the one that drives them to kill themselves because they just can't take the pain anymore.

And I'm only the one who gets the "joy" of living with a person dealing with this sort of thing. I can't imagine being the one living with the disease itself. It's a shame; my wife loves Nature and the outdoors... but that's exactly what got her into her predicament, which I'll remind is never, ever going to end for the rest of her life. She had a really bad flare-up the other night, so it's heavy on my mind right now. I don't like seeing her in such a state, but there's literally nothing that can be done about it. And what's worse, it's never going to stop; it's not an everyday thing, but those days are always going to happen again eventually.

So yeah, I love Nature... but prefer to do so at a safe distance. I have enough f*cking problems and chronic pain, thank you very much. Traipsing around in the woods and tall grass for days on end just seems like asking for it, and I've seen what it can get you. No thanks.

Old 06-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #4012
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was clearing out vines in my backyard area a couple of years ago and got like an annoying pimple-like thing on my thigh I kept scratching at. A few days later I tried to squeeze at it and lo and behold... yep, a little tick was living in there.

Yucky stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:17 PM   #4013
Leo656
The Franchise

When our dog was missing for four months, once we finally got him back he was COVERED with the goddamn things. They were so swollen and engorged they were literally dropping off of him as he walked. Gross.

We got him to the groomer and the vet as soon as possible; sure enough, Lyme's Disease (and heartworm, too). He's mostly doing alright now but he completely refuses to do stairs anymore, and he cuts his walks short more often than not. Like yeah he's 10 but I definitely think the Lyme's Disease was a big factor, too. He was a lot more active before that whole ordeal; now he mostly just lays around. Poor guy.

Old 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #4014
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
My wife has Lyme's Disease and it's kinda ruined her life, so I'm very skittish about staying outside in woodsy areas for extended lengths of time.
Can understand that. That sucks that she got it and impacted her that much. One of the joys of this region and those stupid deer ticks.

I wouldn't mind doing Assateague again someday though, the fact that it's quite sandy, right behind the dunes, and no need to go tromping through any plants is pretty low risk in that regard. The wild ponies are probably the main risk of bringing ticks around, but anyone getting close to them is an idiot anyhow. Only saw a couple of them once, after showing up across from our camp spot after dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
yep, a little tick was living in there.
It had buried itself IN your flesh? What the heck kind of ticks do you have. o.O As if the ones around here don't freak me out enough. Note to self, stay away from the Northwest.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-13-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #4015
Leo656
The Franchise

Much obliged, your caring and concern is much-appreciated.

It does seem like the flare-ups are getting farther apart and don't last as long as they used to - with complete transparency and full honesty, weed and CBD has done a metric f*ck-ton insofar as helping her manage the pain when it does flare up - but when it hits hard it's still like a truck. No warning, no rhyme or reason. I can't even imagine. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, for sure.

EDIT: Awwww, ponies! We have a horse farm next to/behind us so you can hear them sometimes (like this morning), and when it's clear out and there's not a lot of overgrowth in the woods between our yard and theirs, you can see people riding the horses. Usually a couple'a hot blondes, but I don't know if they live there or what. Always cool to see, though.

Those are the same people who own the big female German Shepherd who's in love with our dog.

Old 06-14-2021, 05:21 PM   #4016
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess getting something in the mail from the IRS (cue automatic worry) and it turns out to be a message about additional money I'm being refunded (and is already in the bank!) is a good happy maker.

Something about changes in the tax laws, the pandemic unemployment and whatnot and associated adjustments they made to my 2020 return and that increased the amount I should be refunded. Anyone else get that?

Quote:
EDIT: Awwww, ponies!
For a sec I read that as "Ewwww, ponies!" and wondered what you had against ponies.

So your pup and that dog still having their fence dates, huh?
Old 06-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #4017
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm always bragging about my latest MLP purchases, I've worn a Rainbow Dash shirt for my ring entrance several times, and you'd even think for one second I have anything against ponies?

And yeah, although she hasn't been coming around as much lately for some reason. Still once in a while, though. I know he misses her because every single time he goes out in the yard he stares forlornly at the back fence, then goes and sniffs around for her scent. She used to come every day but now it's just once in a while, not sure why. Still hear her barking sometimes, though.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #4018
Leo656
The Franchise

Just found out that there's a new Angels & Airwaves record coming out in September - on my Birthday, no less! - and that they're playing the Starland Ballroom in October. It's the only date they're playing in NJ and it's ten minutes from my house.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #4019
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Just found out that there's a new Angels & Airwaves record coming out in September - on my Birthday, no less! - and that they're playing the Starland Ballroom in October. It's the only date they're playing in NJ and it's ten minutes from my house.
I love finding out stuff like that. I just found out about a week ago that Eve 6 has a new record coming out in a few weeks. Always jazzed about stuff like that too!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #4020
Leo656
The Franchise

Holy sh*t, I love Eve 6. I've had the Horrorscope CD in the car for months and it gets a spin every few weeks or so. Love that record.

I guess the singer's jokes on Twitter about their irrelevance made them relevant again?

Would it be presumptuous to say, "Yeah, we kinda, sorta, knew that was gonna happen...?"

Haaaaah inside jokes.