The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 11:48 AM   #81
Allio
Foot Elite

So officially all 20 characters are revealed. Remember we are getting 2 characters free post launch. They will either be new ip (which one is supposed to be Garfield), a tmnt rep, Rugrats rep, or hey Arnold.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:24 AM   #82
Allio
Foot Elite

The game has been Datamined and yes Andrew, Garfield is coming and Shredder is going to be the second character. We even had a look at what seems to be the Garfield stage.

There is also a list of “names” audio by the announcer. Doesn’t confirm characters, probably there as a precaution.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #83
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
The game has been Datamined and yes Andrew, Garfield is coming and Shredder is going to be the second character. We even had a look at what seems to be the Garfield stage.

There is also a list of “names” audio by the announcer. Doesn’t confirm characters, probably there as a precaution.
Heh, it doesn't take long for the internet to discover everything. More confirmation to me that "Ready Player One" is such a ridiculous concept.
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/n...field-and-more

And I guess... Donatello?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #84
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I wouldnt mind fighting as Garfield, lol.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The game has been Datamined and yes Andrew, Garfield is coming and Shredder is going to be the second character.
Well, consider me a little bit interested again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I wouldnt mind fighting as Garfield, lol.
Right? There's far worse ways to waste time than f***ing up most of those characters up with him. Including the Fred Wolf TMNT.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #86
sdp
-

I'm surprised viacom hasn't done much with Garfield, they acquired him a while back. Then again besides merchandise the only successful media he's ever had was the 80s specials and the 90s cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Heh, it doesn't take long for the internet to discover everything. More confirmation to me that "Ready Player One" is such a ridiculous concept.
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/n...field-and-more
Data mining has ruined any game secret for the last decade, the only way to have a surprise is by DLC.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #87
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The lack of voice acting in this game really makes it feel hollow. I’m still interested cause it seems to play smoothly like Smash.
Quote:
and yes Andrew, Garfield is coming
I thought Andrew Garfield Spider-Man was gonna come
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm surprised viacom hasn't done much with Garfield, they acquired him a while back.
Huh, it looks like yeah. I had no idea Jim Davis "sold out" but there it is... he sold Paws, Inc. (his company) to Viacom in 2019. Well that's really sad.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:30 AM   #89
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Huh, it looks like yeah. I had no idea Jim Davis "sold out" but there it is... he sold Paws, Inc. (his company) to Viacom in 2019. Well that's really sad.
You know, for every bad stereotype the Garfield comic strips have been associated with, the original "His 9 Lives" collection is surprisingly bold take on the character. It's very "Mirage Guest Era," and I had only been familiar with it through my fading memories of the TV special by the same name. Last month I finally picked up the original book and was quite impressed:
https://www.amazon.com/Garfield-His-.../dp/0345320611

Apparently, it's a Family Guy joke too.

View my sketch work!
Old 10-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #90
sdp
-

Quote:
Well Jim Davis made it clear he had always made Garfield to make money, still he was a nice guy, he sent me some signed stuff and sent it out to me just because I wrote an email about a Garfield comic I enjoyed. So even if he never really did much with Paws Inc, sucks to have a multinational company own it when it was just him before.

Felix the Cat was also sold to Dreamworks like 10 years ago and they never did anything, with that and now the character is public domain.
Old 10-05-2021, 03:38 PM   #91
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, and I forgot what the reason was for it. It's just so strange. I would think he would want to keep it for as long as he lives but that's mostly me comparing him to Charles Schulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
You know, for every bad stereotype the Garfield comic strips have been associated with, the original "His 9 Lives" collection is surprisingly bold take on the character. It's very "Mirage Guest Era," and I had only been familiar with it through my fading memories of the TV special by the same name. Last month I finally picked up the original book and was quite impressed:
https://www.amazon.com/Garfield-His-.../dp/0345320611

Apparently, it's a Family Guy joke too.
I remember reading that one story at a book store. It felt weird as a child. Never knew it was adapted to animation til years later and I've still yet to watch it. Though I imagine it's no different from the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well Jim Davis made it clear he had always made Garfield to make money, still he was a nice guy, he sent me some signed stuff and sent it out to me just because I wrote an email about a Garfield comic I enjoyed. So even if he never really did much with Paws Inc, sucks to have a multinational company own it when it was just him before.

Felix the Cat was also sold to Dreamworks like 10 years ago and they never did anything, with that and now the character is public domain.
That's nice. I wish I could meet him, since I never got to meet Charles Schulz. Was surprised Schulz's family a while back sold the Peanuts property as I could've sworn he entrusted it to them to own the rights. Though based on what the new owners are doing with it now, it doesn't look like it's in bad hands.

This is news to me. Felix sold to DreamWorks. I can't see them being interested as Felix hasn't been relevant for so long now. I think the last thing I've watched of him was that forgettable movie in the 80s or 90s.

Speaking of another cat character, I follow the Heathcliff Instagram page and they're still doing new strips of him everyday.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #92
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Oblina is so overpowerful like Bayonetta in Smash 4

https://twitter.com/cosmonautmarcus/...705491458?s=21
Old 10-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #93
Allio
Foot Elite

A look at the Garfield stage found in the game

Old 10-07-2021, 12:54 AM   #94
Shark_Blade
Emperor

“April why must we fight?”

2 secs later

“April die!”
Old 10-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #95
oldmanwinters
Overlord

TMNT Stage Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7vunKIwazg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrTQUGmsbW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHWA4NHLoY

Themes for "The Technodrome" and "Rooftop Rumble" remind me a little of the vibe from the John Du Prez score for the 1990 movie.

View my sketch work!
Old 10-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #96
Allio
Foot Elite

Some more datamining and we apparently might be getting alternate costumes. Mikey may get a Mirage style alternate costume.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:47 PM   #97
sdp
-

The lack of any shows music and voice actors is a shame, it feels weird without them. With that said the game succeeds in being exactly what it's supposed to be, it's a solid smash clone with nick characters. I hope this game becomes a staple every few years with a very different cast each time and hopefully this does well so next time they have the budget for licensed music/VAs. Great game.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #98
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Some more datamining and we apparently might be getting alternate costumes. Mikey may get a Mirage style alternate costume.
Oh, got a link?

View my sketch work!
Old 10-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #99
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

There's plenty of characters from shows I would have loved to appear but I am shocked Fairly Oddparents doesn't have any representation with how long that show ran.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #100
Allio
Foot Elite

Seems to be some issue from the frederator studios that makes the show, or at least none of their shows has been in any of these recent crossovers (though there is the exception of the mobile games)