The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #801
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Sk: "OK, read that back to me!"

BM: "Being He-man sucked more than you think. Falling backwards onto an axe now the way I always talked about doing!!"

Sk: Aw, FOOLPROOF!!

EL: "Let's get the hell out of here!"


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Not at first, but she comes to realize that. Watch that second half.
I did, man! The point still stands - lmao she didn't realize this as her mistake at all. She didn't have an epiphany that she was wrong in her self-absorption. Instead she says in the flyer that she can forgive him because he lied with good intent. And sure, she feels guilt at the crumbling of the King and Queen, but again those are separate things - she feels guilt for her hand in it, but I don't recall her being checked for her self-absorption that led to her head-math in the first place. In sort, Teela never realizes that it was his secret to keep, but instead forgives him because he had "good intentions". I'm telling you the entire thing is a marker of the generational zeitgeist. "We all got trophies so anything I perceive or think is accurate because I'm perfect, but I will forgive you for your trespasses".

Furthermore, she gives the commie speech about "how this time the power is for EVERYONE!". Typical appeal to the terrified-of-life generation. Yet after she blows hard about that, not everyone in Eternia is "empowered". It's still just her.

It's all BS. It's an epic failure of appropriated storytelling wrapped in gorgeous animation.

You've got to really look at the execution and not just be absorbed by the delivered words, man. "Teela says she's sorry so she realizes what she did was wrong". BS it was an empty position. She's sorry for the damage she caused, and she forgives Adam as if she's the great balancer in acceptance, when in fact the whole position was misguided in the first place.

The animation was eyecandy. The Ram-Man moment was terrific. But.... honestly I wouldn't give them a dollar for that woke $#!( or for the pedestrian, childish execution of their story trope.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-28-2021 at 01:00 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:13 PM   #802
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Finally got around to finishing the second set of episodes. Definitely enjoyed them more than the first five. I would be up to seeing what they do with Hordak if they end up doing another season.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #803
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post




I did, man! The point still stands - lmao she didn't realize this as her mistake at all. She didn't have an epiphany that she was wrong in her self-absorption. Instead she says in the flyer that she can forgive him because he lied with good intent. And sure, she feels guilt at the crumbling of the King and Queen, but again those are separate things - she feels guilt for her hand in it, but I don't recall her being checked for her self-absorption that led to her head-math in the first place. In sort, Teela never realizes that it was his secret to keep, but instead forgives him because he had "good intentions". I'm telling you the entire thing is a marker of the generational zeitgeist. "We all got trophies so anything I perceive or think is accurate because I'm perfect, but I will forgive you for your trespasses".

Furthermore, she gives the commie speech about "how this time the power is for EVERYONE!". Typical appeal to the terrified-of-life generation. Yet after she blows hard about that, not everyone in Eternia is "empowered". It's still just her.

It's all BS. It's an epic failure of appropriated storytelling wrapped in gorgeous animation.

You've got to really look at the execution and not just be absorbed by the delivered words, man. "Teela says she's sorry so she realizes what she did was wrong". BS it was an empty position. She's sorry for the damage she caused, and she forgives Adam as if she's the great balancer in acceptance, when in fact the whole position was misguided in the first place.

The animation was eyecandy. The Ram-Man moment was terrific. But.... honestly I wouldn't give them a dollar for that woke $#!( or for the pedestrian, childish execution of their story trope.
Sounds like the just decided to make Teela a detestable bitch and never looked back, and that's the person girls are supposed to look at and be inspired from.

Feminism really does suck, doesn't it?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:14 PM   #804
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Sounds like the just decided to make Teela a detestable bitch and never looked back, and that's the person girls are supposed to look at and be inspired from.

Feminism really does suck, doesn't it?
I think they thought they were implementing a "Teela grew and learned" storyline, but when your writer is emotionally-shallow and intellectually-pedestrian, then that writer's characters are as well.

Basically it would take someone of some emotional intelligence to write a story where their characters had a true growth arc. And a writer with that depth of understanding about emotional intelligence wouldn't have likely written a story layered at the emotional level of a fifth-grader feeling "betrayed" over not being clued in to someone else's privacy/secret in the first place, you know? Especially when that character supposedly has a sense of duty in a military organization.

I think they did hit a really interesting point with Evil-Lyn's motivations, and her "final straw" being the realization that there is no "master" of the Universe and how that can affect someone who maybe previously had faith in something. That was cool. But it was wildly overshadowed by the woke $#!( and man-woman design that, while we should accept as part of life, is simply not attractive and not what most people want to see, regardless of acceptance of it.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-29-2021 at 02:21 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:22 PM   #805
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,405
Well, I was careful about stating that my feelings on the show hedged on the 2nd half, since I wasn't happy with many elements of the first half and how things played out would mean everything. I feel my complaints were sufficiently resolved. It plays a lot better as a whole work... splitting it where they did really left me with a bad impression. Fans are so on edge about the handling of these vintage properties because they are so frequently MISHANDLED, I don't think anyone's concerns from viewing only the 1st half were unreasonable. BUT... I'm glad that the worst-case outcomes did not come to pass and, after the 2nd half, I feel the show hit most of the checkboxes I had for what I wanted out of this spiritual continuation.

No spoilers in my impressions for now. I'll just leave it there!

As an aside, people really should not watch Clownfish. They are an outrage/drama channel and not worth your time. They exploit nerd rage for views and that's how they make their living. Life has too much negativity as it is, watch something else. Block their channel so it doesn't get recommended to you like I did.

Last edited by Zulithe; 12-03-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:41 PM   #806
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Well, I was careful about stating that my feelings on the show hedged on the 2nd half, since I wasn't happy with many elements of the first half and how things played out would mean everything. I feel my complaints were sufficiently resolved. It plays a lot better as a whole work... splitting it where they did really left me with a bad impression. Fans are so on edge about the handling of these vintage properties because they are so frequently MISHANDLED, I don't think anyone's concerns from viewing only the 1st half were unreasonable. BUT... I'm glad that the worst-case outcomes did not come to pass and, after the 2nd half, I feel the show hit most of the checkboxes I had for what I wanted out of this spiritual continuation.

No spoilers in my impressions for now. I'll just leave it there!

As an aside, people really should not watch Clownfish. They are an outrage/drama channel and not worth your time. They exploit nerd rage for views and that's how they make their living. Life has too much negativity as it is, watch something else. Block their channel so it doesn't get recommended to you like I did.
You're too hard on them. Clownfish is pretty alright. It wouldn't be outrage/drama if companies would just stop ruining stuff with their woke ****. Plus they already knew about the changes that Kevin Smith tried hard to cover up. They're legit fans of the properties and like many of us hate to see these old show have comebacks only to be 'woke' and ruined. X-Men is next.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:00 PM   #807
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,632
I've never seen or heard a single positive thing spoken of "Clownfish" until Just Now. Never watched a single video of theirs, I only know that their "reputation" as it is seems to basically be that they're junk food.

Full disclosure, I detest just about all of these YouTube "personalities" out of hand. Like I still like AVGN but the bad part of him becoming a huge success was that now every "reviewer" of things must also be a full-blown character, to the point where they become insufferable. People push that Critical Drinker guy, too, and like... I think I clicked ONE of his "reviews" once, might've even been his review of Revelation Part 1, and the opener was just him laughing hyperbolically for like a full minute... and I'm like "Nope, done, another f*cking buffoon, no insight to be gained here." Maybe SOME people have time to waste on nitwits like that but I certainly don't. I don't find it informative or entertaining, just annoying. There's every chance I'd agree with some of their opinions... but I certainly am not going to bother finding out.

It's incredibly rare that I'll watch any "reviews" of a thing unless they're Sega Lord X, Wrestling Bios, or Wrestling With Wregret. The guys that make those videos still come off like real people with real opinions, and are incredibly insightful. They don't just rag on things for clicks so they can jump on the current Outrage Parade. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt that 99.9% of the stuff they cover is ages old by now, thus there's no need for the overblown caterwauling seen in so many current-day "reviews". But still, those guys are all incredibly even-handed even when discussing things they strongly don't like, and I really wish more people could speak on that wavelength.

Like any of those guys, they can make a statement I strongly disagree with, but I'll still be able to be like, "Yeah, that's a fair point." Whereas with stuff like Critical Drinker and ToyGuru or whoever, I'm like "Ugh, I don't even care what this person says at all because every single thing about them is so incredibly off-putting."

But yeah I definitely would never expect honest or intelligent discourse from a source calling themselves "Clownfish", regardless of topic. Perhaps that's a bit presumptuous of me but I'm pretty sure their name speaks for themselves. My head screams "Outrage clickbait nonsense" is their entire M.O.; maybe I'm wrong but I'm probably not.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #808
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've never seen or heard a single positive thing spoken of "Clownfish" until Just Now. Never watched a single video of theirs, I only know that their "reputation" as it is seems to basically be that they're junk food.

Full disclosure, I detest just about all of these YouTube "personalities" out of hand. Like I still like AVGN but the bad part of him becoming a huge success was that now every "reviewer" of things must also be a full-blown character, to the point where they become insufferable. People push that Critical Drinker guy, too, and like... I think I clicked ONE of his "reviews" once, might've even been his review of Revelation Part 1, and the opener was just him laughing hyperbolically for like a full minute... and I'm like "Nope, done, another f*cking buffoon, no insight to be gained here." Maybe SOME people have time to waste on nitwits like that but I certainly don't. I don't find it informative or entertaining, just annoying. There's every chance I'd agree with some of their opinions... but I certainly am not going to bother finding out.

It's incredibly rare that I'll watch any "reviews" of a thing unless they're Sega Lord X, Wrestling Bios, or Wrestling With Wregret. The guys that make those videos still come off like real people with real opinions, and are incredibly insightful. They don't just rag on things for clicks so they can jump on the current Outrage Parade. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt that 99.9% of the stuff they cover is ages old by now, thus there's no need for the overblown caterwauling seen in so many current-day "reviews". But still, those guys are all incredibly even-handed even when discussing things they strongly don't like, and I really wish more people could speak on that wavelength.

Like any of those guys, they can make a statement I strongly disagree with, but I'll still be able to be like, "Yeah, that's a fair point." Whereas with stuff like Critical Drinker and ToyGuru or whoever, I'm like "Ugh, I don't even care what this person says at all because every single thing about them is so incredibly off-putting."

But yeah I definitely would never expect honest or intelligent discourse from a source calling themselves "Clownfish", regardless of topic. Perhaps that's a bit presumptuous of me but I'm pretty sure their name speaks for themselves. My head screams "Outrage clickbait nonsense" is their entire M.O.; maybe I'm wrong but I'm probably not.
One thing I like about Clownfish though, is the husband and wife dynamic and that the wife goes against most if not all of the woke feminist ******** that they think women would love. She actually loves OG She-Ra and hates the new one and what the true intention was for that one, for example.


As for moi, I admit even I fell a bit for the whole 'angry reviewer' thing like everybody else, except I didn't want to just review crappy games, I wanted to review stuff I actually liked. I don't buy crappy games, those eventually get sold or whatever. But sometimes some things would fall through the cracks, like how could Konami make such an awesome TMNT Fighting Game for the SNES and then...... that other one for the Genesis version.... or the disappointment that KOF 12 turned out to be some sort of incomplete beta for what would become KOF 13, stuff like that, that's when I guess I would enter angry mode. I remember I had my brother do his own 'angry mode' when we did MK VS DC to kinda represent the fanbase backlash over the tame Fatalities and whatnot.

My character is a slightly more animated version of myself, and even then it's still slightly cause well... I can get overly animated about stuff I actually like so I guess the lines blur. I do keep politics and wokeness and all that **** out of my reviews though. Even if a movie, say like Joker had a lot of politics behind it, I give a disclaimer saying 'yeah I'm not gonna talk about any of that' and just go into if I actually liked the film or not, for example.

I know people don't care much for long skits and crap so I try to keep the banter to a minimum and get straight to the review as fast as we can, other than greetings, introductions, etc.

As for that video you mentioned of the dude laughing it up before even starting the review.... yeah if it's one thing that's very hard to do is 'fake laugh'. I just can't. Most of the time I laugh when I'm filming with friends and they start going off script and saying silly **** or doing silly **** where I can't help but to laugh, but yeah I can't do the fake laugh thing. I hate it cause it's so obvious it's fake. Like the one time Nostalgia Critic was laughing at Vanilla Ice's hairstyle, it went on and on and on and it was so annoying cause you could tell it was so damn overly fake.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 12-03-2021 at 10:26 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:12 AM   #809
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
X-Men is next.
X-Men was always woke though.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #810
Bahamut810
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Posts: 253
Quote:
I've never seen or heard a single positive thing spoken of "Clownfish" until Just Now. Never watched a single video of theirs, I only know that their "reputation" as it is seems to basically be that they're junk food.
I don't think they are bad...they are mostly commentators and speculators. They will find something they want to talk about and go for it.

That being said, they did break what was going to happen in MoTU and were correct. Kevin Smith owes them an apology for calling them liars when they broke the story.

Also...**** Kevin Smith. They made He-man and by extension the rest of the masters of the universe irrelevant in the setting.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #811
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
That being said, they did break what was going to happen in MoTU and were correct. Kevin Smith owes them an apology for calling them liars when they broke the story.
Clownfish weren't 100% accurate at all

-They said Teela would have a girlfriend. Revelation ends with her and Adam together. Andra was only ever a friend.

-They said Andra would become the champion of Grayskull and Adam would step aside. That didn't happen either, Adam is front and centre throughout the second half, and at the end Adam suggests not carrying on, but Teela tells him she still needs her champion, and he agrees with her. Andra ended up doing nothing in that second half.

-They said it was 'the Teela show' but that's only true for four out of ten episodes, everyone else gets equal focus in the second half, but of course Cuckfish's narrative moved the goalposts to "it's the Teela and Evil Lyn show"

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-04-2021 at 09:02 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #812
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
X-Men was always woke though.
Never like this.

There's a difference between being political and being overly woke where there is no allegory or nuance and it's beating you over the head with whatever agenda they want to push. Plus it's gonna be stupid for them to try to inject modern day politics in a series that's supposed to be taking place in the 90's.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #813
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Never like this.

There's a difference between being political and being overly woke where there is no allegory or nuance and it's beating you over the head with whatever agenda they want to push. Plus it's gonna be stupid for them to try to inject modern day politics in a series that's supposed to be taking place in the 90's.
This. The X-Men were never "woke". That's not what "woke" is at all.

The X-Men were representative archetypes of diversity, and over time became more genuinely diverse in print. The concept presents a message of acceptance and mild milititance towards acceptance from two sides - one was violent (Magneto) and the other was peaceful (Xavier).

This fact is, ironically, more evidence that "woke" pushers are just doing things and creating their own sense of self-importance. Additionally, if the X-Men were "woke" then there should be no claims from the "woke" movement of Millenial/Gen Y simps that they are doing anything "new", "brave" and "stunning" as if they are the catalysts of "change". It's all a disingenuous lie from two groups - coming of age kids who got trophies for failure and the mouth-breathers who can't parse out twitter from the fact that there is an entire world of normally-operating people of all colors who know this stuff is all bull$#!(. These are the same groups of disingenuous, self-centered (e.g., "my judgement is key") fools who said that Brie Larson was breaking down barriers as "the first female superhero". These people are the dumbest f's in all of human history.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #814
Bahamut810
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Clownfish weren't 100% accurate at all

-They said Teela would have a girlfriend. Revelation ends with her and Adam together. Andra was only ever a friend.

-They said Andra would become the champion of Grayskull and Adam would step aside. That didn't happen either, Adam is front and centre throughout the second half, and at the end Adam suggests not carrying on, but Teela tells him she still needs her champion, and he agrees with her. Andra ended up doing nothing in that second half.

-They said it was 'the Teela show' but that's only true for four out of ten episodes, everyone else gets equal focus in the second half, but of course Cuckfish's narrative moved the goalposts to "it's the Teela and Evil Lyn show"
What they reported from their source about the show was accurate.

-Teela and Andra had several 'couple' moments. She didn't *end up* with Andra, but the first part of the show there was serious queer baiting going on.

-After the first part they said that they *thought* that would be the end game. The fully admitted that that was their own guess, based in nothing but where the story seemed to be heading. This has nothing to do with what happened with Smith. I would be willing to admit that their guess, rather then their reporting on their insider information was incorrect.

-Adam has some more screen time, but is far from the main character in the second half. He completely stepped aside in the show. First they tried to give a reason for it, by killing him off. The second half is the final part of Teela's heroes journey and Adams actions are completely to support her story. Then she *allows* him to be her sidekick after he acknowledges that he is completely unnecessary now. They removed any need for a 'champion'.

-It was Teela's show. Its her journey that is being told. Just because they picked up a "B" story that was for evil-lynn does not change that the story is about Teela's story. All of the deaths in it were to support her journey. Everyone in the show made sure to literally *gush* over how amazing and powerful and amazing she was. He-mans conflict with skeletor was spit on as skeletor being a putz. Everything that really mattered was in Teela's court. Even one of the three things Adam does in the entire series was to help push that the men in Teela and Evil-Lynns stories were toxic when after he turned into Savage He-man they made sure he hurt her when he was having his daddy issues in a very stereotypically 'domestic dispute' ways.

I am willing to agree to disagree about some things. The insider information they reported on was spot on.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:16 AM   #815
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,675
In the CGI cartoon that came out this same year (by the way, should that one have a different thread? The fact that 2021 had two new He-Man shows, both on Netflix, makes it a little confusing.), it's version of Ram-Man is a girl with purple-pinkish skin who came to live in a jungle after some kind of vehicle crashed there. Is she meant to be some kind of alien? Yes, I know technically nearly all Masters of the Universe characters are aliens, I mean in the sense that she would be from another planet than Eternia.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:51 AM   #816
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,612
Kevin Smith is talking Revelations again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pi9CBrbQw

He says that he's mapped out a whole trilogy, but it depends on ratings for the second half. If it's made He-Man and Skeletor will have '24/7' prominence.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:27 AM   #817
Bahamut810
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kevin Smith is talking Revelations again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pi9CBrbQw

He says that he's mapped out a whole trilogy, but it depends on ratings for the second half. If it's made He-Man and Skeletor will have '24/7' prominence.
Yeah, he said a lot of things that turned out not to be true. I dont know why He-man would have any prominence considering he is a sidekick in Revelations.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:31 PM   #818
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39,432
If this doesn't get another season, I guess you can blame all the 40+ year old manchildren outrage on the internet before it even came out. The "damage was done" so to speak.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #819
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this doesn't get another season, I guess you can blame all the 40+ year old manchildren outrage on the internet before it even came out. The "damage was done" so to speak.
You can't blame people who walk away from something they didn't like for whatever reason.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:20 PM   #820
Bahamut810
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this doesn't get another season, I guess you can blame all the 40+ year old manchildren outrage on the internet before it even came out. The "damage was done" so to speak.
If by "40+ year old manchildren" you mean the "target audience with a history of investing in a beloved franchise" then yes. Yes, you can 'lay blame' on the target audience. You would think that Smith would have known that fans wouldn't like the changes made by replacing the main character...or any other of the issues they had with the show.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.