The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2022, 11:15 PM   #1301
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Oh, no…

No, no, no, no…

I get that it’s Nickelodeon, but these images are terrible.

They were really onto something with the 1990 movie but it’s been a downhill slide ever since. It’s going to make the Micheal Bay produced movies look like Micheal Mann.

I know the movie is about a group of walking talking turtles that do martial arts, but is it too much to ask for something more mature along the lines of the Dark Knight trilogy or Logan?
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:13 AM   #1302
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I like it. Kind of a hip 90s feel. If that makes sense. Like what was considered “cool” back then.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:29 AM   #1303
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
To me that title is only more evidence that the turtles are going to start as humans. The emphasis is on the "mutant" gimick.
Can't you just picture Krang or Stockman spill mutagen all over New York and "accidentally mutate four outcast brothers into turtles" or some crap like that? Barf.
I'm still going with my theory that they start out as the Turtles we know (at least, if "the Turtles we know" means the 80s cartoon and nothing else) and, say, there's a big mutagen outbreak and a bunch of mutants are created... but the Turtles conversely become human teenagers. And, as they say, "hilarity ensues."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 AM   #1304
neatoman
Emperor

While it is possible this movie will feature Turtles that started out as humans, if we're going to take the leaked concept art as representative of the final movie, then we already know Splinter and the turtles start out as regular animals. We can't really say "Oh look at how terrible the mutant whale concept art looks, I bet the Turtles start out as human in this!" because that would be selective of the evidence.

The concept art may or may not be representative of the final movie but it doesn't really work to focus the worst aspects of the concept art, and then also throw in conjecture that contradict it to make predictions about how terrible this movie is going to be. It's not exactly unlikely that it's going to suck, but at least go by all of what we have to make that prediction.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:56 AM   #1305
AquaParade
Banned

I don’t think they will start out as humans. Nickelodeon was saying that this goes back to the roots, and while I know cynicism is popular, and somewhat deserved, I don’t think they are braindead enough to say this is going back to the roots, if it is doing the complete opposite.

Plus, straying far from the formula has literally been losing them money on project after project.

I think it indicates that we will be seeing a ton of mutant enemies. I think, to Nickelodeon, going back to the roots means the Fred Wolf version, with maybe some 1990 movie flavor thrown in, if we are lucky.

Doesn’t China hate ninjas or something? This is another way to get the focus off of ninja and onto umm “mutant mayhem”. Plus it’s more goofy and less dramatic.

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-05-2022 at 08:02 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:34 AM   #1306
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

They really shouldn’t release this on the big screen, feels more like an internet movie like Netflix or paramount deal.

Does the new generation even seem interested in the turtles still? Besides the parents passing it down to their kids?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:10 AM   #1307
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don’t think they will start out as humans. Nickelodeon was saying that this goes back to the roots, and while I know cynicism is popular, and somewhat deserved, I don’t think they are braindead enough to say this is going back to the roots, if it is doing the complete opposite.
Yes, it does seem like producers at Paramount/Nickelodeon believe the Fred Wolf cartoon is how the franchise started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
They really shouldn’t release this on the big screen, feels more like an internet movie like Netflix or paramount deal.

Does the new generation even seem interested in the turtles still? Besides the parents passing it down to their kids?
I don't really see why. Because it's going to be an animated kids' movie? Can't you make the same argument about Spider-Verse?
Hahahaha!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:38 PM   #1308
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Cinesite has been awarded animation work for the highly anticipated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CG reimagining from Nickelodeon. Production is underway with top talent being recruited by Cinesite Vancouver, which will be attending SIGGRAPH next week — artists and technicians can register here and apply for opportunities at cinesite.com.careers.
Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem is the latest animation project to start production at Cinesite following Paramount Pictures’ recently released Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank and MGM’s Addams Family franchise. The studio also remains in production on Aniventure’s upcoming film Hitpig based on characters from Pulitzer Prize-winner Berkeley Breathed’s Pete & Pickles as well as the animated series Iwájú for Disney+.
https://www.animationmagazine.net/fe...itle-revealed/
Old 08-05-2022, 03:41 PM   #1309
phillytmnt
Thug

The title confirms my biggest fears with this movie. This will probably be god awful.
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:25 PM   #1310
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

People should at least wait until the first teaser or trailer to begin forming an impression. How can you judge a movie based on its logo? The concept art also looks fine to me, but rather it translates into animation, we'll see.

The turtles are teens, but in most of their incarnations they are BARELY teenagers, it's just there in name-only and doesn't have much impact on how they look or act. I'm good with an adaptation that wants to play more with the teenage aspect.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #1311
Galactus
Foot Elite

Well...they are really pushing the drawing in a notebook aesthetic aren't they.

I can't get too upset at the abundance of other mutants because...well we pretty much all saw it coming with that concept art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
While it is possible this movie will feature Turtles that started out as humans, if we're going to take the leaked concept art as representative of the final movie, then we already know Splinter and the turtles start out as regular animals. We can't really say "Oh look at how terrible the mutant whale concept art looks, I bet the Turtles start out as human in this!" because that would be selective of the evidence.

The concept art may or may not be representative of the final movie but it doesn't really work to focus the worst aspects of the concept art, and then also throw in conjecture that contradict it to make predictions about how terrible this movie is going to be. It's not exactly unlikely that it's going to suck, but at least go by all of what we have to make that prediction.
The idea that the turtles would start out as human came from the art Rogen himself tweeted that looked like it was supposed to be Leonardo's writing and drawings from a high school notebook heavily suggesting they would attend high school. It's possible they simply attend school disguised as humans but given all the references to mutations it does seem they will be human in the movie. True, given the concept art of them as turtles caught in the ooze it would seem they don't start off as humans but I'm still keeping my bet that they will be humans in the movie.

If true it probably wont be the worst thing to happen to the franchise but it seems bizarre that Nickledeon have pushed this for some time ahead of what you would think are the prominent themes of TMNT.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #1312
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's basically going to be the plot of Hotel Transylvania 4: Transformania. Watch.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:21 AM   #1313
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just still can't get over Don wearing glasses. I really hope that gets scraped before it goes into production unless it's too late already
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:44 PM   #1314
Turtle Soup
Thug

Being delightfully surprised by the Rise movie has given me hope that this one could be alright too.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:51 PM   #1315
IMJ
Emperor

So far the only hopeful aspect of this is that Rogen is producing it, which means that maybe he just wants the the cash grab and will stay out of it while the writer and director do their thing without too much of his involvement.

I could be swayed by a trailer, but at this point it's already very unlikely I'll give this thing a dollar of real money. At first because of libtard-loudmouth Rogen's involvement, but now even the title card font for the flick looks dumb.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:03 PM   #1316
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

what kind of new mutants do you think we will see?
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:14 AM   #1317
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
what kind of new mutants do you think we will see?
All kinds. Unfortunately.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:08 AM   #1318
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

All kinds. Mutants out the wazoo!

And a wazoo mutant...since kids like butt jokes.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 11:22 AM   #1319
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
All kinds. Mutants out the wazoo!

And a wazoo mutant...since kids like butt jokes.
Like the one from Society?

Thank goodness I didn’t watch that movie when I was a kid.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:48 AM   #1320
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
All kinds. Unfortunately.
Especially this guy:
Hahahaha!