The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-21-2022, 11:48 PM   #241
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Well, if you’re wondering why there weren’t any subtitles during the Spanish-speaking scenes in the newest West Side Story movie, it’s because Spielberg didn’t want to disrespect the “Latinx” community.

And they wonder why the movie flopped.
*le sigh*

So incredibly stupid.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #242
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://comicbookmovie.com/namor_the...gs.4ce5.jsi6bu

Huh, so there's rights issues with Namor, same as Hulk. He can never get a solo movie.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:26 PM   #243
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://comicbookmovie.com/namor_the...gs.4ce5.jsi6bu

Huh, so there's rights issues with Namor, same as Hulk. He can never get a solo movie.
When Namor goes public domain in 11 years, will this still apply? Like it seems pretty silly to stick to these rules considering everyone outside of Disney and Universal will just be able to use the character however they please anyway.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:06 AM   #244
Dpooly84
Banned

Just watched this again, and man I love this movie. Rip Chadwick, he was such an amazing actor but I feel like they really made lemonade here. Ryan Coogler is an awesome director that pays attention to the small details that engulf you, next level world building. Also another fire soundtrack.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:13 AM   #245
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
Just watched this again, and man I love this movie. Rip Chadwick, he was such an amazing actor but I feel like they really made lemonade here. Ryan Coogler is an awesome director that pays attention to the small details that engulf you, next level world building. Also another fire soundtrack.
Soundtrack was lit. Coogler is a great director. The rest? Naw.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-03-2023 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:56 AM   #246
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
It was piss mate. Walked out of the theatre an hour in. That boring.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:09 AM   #247
Dpooly84
Banned

It's okay to have different opinions, that's fair. I understand it, but this movie is legit. I've never walked out of a movie I paid to see, I'm to smart for that lol might have fallen asleep during boring movies but never just upped and left. I guess I pay a little more attention to what I'm going to see.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:05 AM   #248
IMJ
Emperor

I remember thinking that Boseman was regal and awesome in Civil War - he stole the scenes he was in and they really jazzed me up for Black Panther.

And then the left politicized Black Panther and it took me out of it completely.
Then they went on about "The FIRST BLACK super-hero!!!" Bull$#!(
Then they went on about Jordan's Killmonger, who when I finally saw the movie felt like a walking cliche to me.
Then the special effects were awful and it made me realize that the movie was all-hype yet the studio didn't have the confidence in it to actually spend money on making it look good.

And I really wanted to like Black Panther because that character is easily one of the coolest Avengers - a unique cross between Iron Man and Batman. But society turned it to $#!(.

His screen time in Infinity War and Endgame was awesome though. But between Boseman being gone and all of the B.S. I listed above I had no interest in driving even a dime into the second one.

But societal and studio B.S. is Black Panther's problem on film. Chadwick was amazing - that guy is a young person's superhero the way that Christopher Reeve was as Superman for me as a kid.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:28 AM   #249
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I still have no interest in seeing this movie. I didn't bother when it was in theaters. I enjoyed the original movie well enough but without Boseman, I don't see how this could be enjoyable. Even if I wanted to later down the road, I don't have Disney+ and refuse to buy this on DVD/Blue-Ray.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:09 PM   #250
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This is one of those movies where I kind of convinced myself I mostly liked it overall but as more and more time goes on, the less favorably I look back at it.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:50 PM   #251
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

See, was it worth the three hours? Nothing against the side characters but I couldn't see how they could carry a movie. I only cared for T'challa and Killmonger.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 07:28 AM   #252
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Angela's 'sore loser' reaction at the Oscars is what this film will be most remembered for now.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:52 AM   #253
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Angela's 'sore loser' reaction at the Oscars is what this film will be most remembered for now.
What she say/do?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-13-2023, 08:01 AM   #254
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
What she say/do?
She didn't say anything, she just glared coldly at Jaime Lee Curtis when she was announced as the winner and didn't give her an ovation like the other more graceful nominees did.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:13 AM   #255
AquaParade
Banned

How embarrassing and shameful. Oscars really are a class act these last few years, huh?

Makes me glad she lost. Funny how that works.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #256
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
She didn't say anything, she just glared coldly at Jaime Lee Curtis when she was announced as the winner and didn't give her an ovation like the other more graceful nominees did.
Ah. It must be "the racism".

And you better believe that's why she gave her the public cold stare you mentioned. Because now she can correlate that with her disdain at a white woman winning so that the simps and peasants buy-in immediately.

"It must be real racism because she was so angry she didn't clap and glared silently! Oscars so white!"
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 12:04 PM   #257
ChosenOne
Banned

I feel bad for Angela, she deserved it more than Jamie, whose work I also like and enioy.

The biggest disappointment last night was "Lift Me Up" losing to some third rate juvenile Bollywood act, though.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 01:50 PM   #259
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Should have ended after End Game.

I remember at one time an article mentioned that part of the MCU contract back then was to make sure to keep a squeaky clean appearance off-camera as well so you wouldn't see Captain America or Iron Man involved in scandals. I'm thinking this was during Phase 2 or so when the MCU felt a lot 'newer'.

Now you got all the drama with Brie, Ruffalo became a political nutjob, they tried to rip Scarjo off which led to her suing them, and now we got the Kang and Namor **** going on. They either dropped that clause or the newer stars just don't give a ****.