The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #21
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Some people have suggested the "hook" this time could be that it's a "family out of time"... as in, a family from the 1950s accidentally time-travels to the 2020s and becomes the Fantastic Four as we know them and I could definitely see that working.
I've heard that a lot. It's an interesting idea but it mostly seems like a work around to have them as Marvel's "first family" when I don't think it's important. They could be the first of a new wave of heroes of the MCU.

The other reason is they can keep the more 60s themes which I'm not sure is a big deal to keep. Do people want to see Reed being quaintly sexist and Sue being a good girlfriend/wife? Also with a renewed interest in space travel their origin and status as explorers fits in just as well in contemporary times.

Quote:
Just please, please... no checkboxes with "this is the gay/lesbian one, this is the black one, this is the genderqueer one" stuff. We know who the Fantastic Four are and that isn't them.
C'mon we all know the deal with Johnny and his womanising being a cover, right? I kid of course.

In all seriousness the MCU has never actually altered the race/ethnicity/gender/sexuality of any of the characters that matter other than Nick Fury and that was based on the Ultimate version which was already black and it's debatable whether he's considered to be major draw so I wouldn't worry too much about the core four.

Then again I remember the meltdowns people had over Latina Jessica Alba playing Sue Storm but conveniently saying nothing about Ben Grimm's actor not being Jewish.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 07:10 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Jon Watts is no longer directing and it will Start Phase 6 the multiverse saga

Nov 8 2024
Old 07-23-2022, 07:36 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hmf. No Galactus for a while then. And not 1 X-Men movie for the next 3 years? Wtf?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:54 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

At what point did they convince you that any of that was in fact upcoming? Or were you just guessing, "Yeah, it HAS to be that"?

Because the last thing I heard about X-Men was that Disney was still trying to figure out between Xavier and Magneto which one was gonna be the black one, and if both of were gonna be gay or just one of 'em.

If you're impatient, there's your hang-up as to Why it's gonna take so long. Write 'em an angry letter, I would.

I will also for the 500th time ask out loud "Who actually gives a sh*t about the Fantastic 4?" They had three bad movies, we need more? Eh.

I know everybody wants Dr. Doom and he's kinda wedded to the Fantastic 4, but if we can have Spider-Man without Uncle Ben I think we can just admit the Fantastic 4 suck and just pretend for the sake of the movies that Doom is someone else's villain entirely.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:06 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
At what point did they convince you that any of that was in fact upcoming? Or were you just guessing, "Yeah, it HAS to be that"?

Because the last thing I heard about X-Men was that Disney was still trying to figure out between Xavier and Magneto which one was gonna be the black one, and if both of were gonna be gay or just one of 'em.

If you're impatient, there's your hang-up as to Why it's gonna take so long. Write 'em an angry letter, I would.

I will also for the 500th time ask out loud "Who actually gives a sh*t about the Fantastic 4?" They had three bad movies, we need more? Eh.

I know everybody wants Dr. Doom and he's kinda wedded to the Fantastic 4, but if we can have Spider-Man without Uncle Ben I think we can just admit the Fantastic 4 suck and just pretend for the sake of the movies that Doom is someone else's villain entirely.
Honestly just have Doctor Doom work for or with Kang or be one of Galactus' Heralds. Makes about as much sense as Namor waging war with Wakanda.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:36 PM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Hmf. No Galactus for a while then. And not 1 X-Men movie for the next 3 years? Wtf?
There are still 8 unknown Projects for Phase 6 so Deadpool and X-men could show up there
Old 10-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #27
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Do to Blade being delayed

Fantastic Four drops 11/8/24 for 2/14/25

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/s...04137306963968
Old 02-01-2023, 07:05 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Dev Patel might be Reed Richards.

https://comicbookmovie.com/fantastic...gs.a6ca.ouiuay
Old 02-01-2023, 09:22 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Of course.... cause there weren't any white people that looked like Reed available.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:30 AM   #30
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

What happened to the Jon Watts that made Cop Car? I want that version of Jon Watts back.

We saw what his version of Spider-Man was like, so we can expect the same for FF. You have characters named MJ and Flash Thompson running around who have nothing at all in common with the classic comic versions, they are just piggy backing on the name recognition.

No way in hell the MCU is going to allow an all-white family of super heroes in today's climate. But meanwhile in Wakanda...
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:39 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'll say this: whatever they do to the Fantastic 4 next should lay it out how the X-Men universe is going to go.
Old 05-23-2023, 01:35 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Said to be all about Sue Storm, female-driven.

https://cosmicbook.news/emma-stone-t...s4ZwQSOklCOQPc
Old 05-23-2023, 04:47 PM   #33
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Said to be all about Sue Storm, female-driven.

https://cosmicbook.news/emma-stone-t...s4ZwQSOklCOQPc
M-she-U reigns supreme...and fails like a sack of stones to the bottom.
Well, maybe its failure finally open eyes of corporates that pandering to woke trash is courting death (of their money).
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:15 PM   #34
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
What happened to the Jon Watts that made Cop Car? I want that version of Jon Watts back..
Watts hasn't been involved in this movie for some time. We don't know who is going to direct FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
M-she-U reigns supreme...and fails like a sack of stones to the bottom.
Well, maybe its failure finally open eyes of corporates that pandering to woke trash is courting death (of their money).
Ah yes. The M-she-U with a whopping 3 out of 32 movies being female led. How are men possibly going to survive. Also how will Disney/Marvel survive with it's string of billion or close to billion dollar movies.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:40 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Ah yes. The M-she-U with a whopping 3 out of 32 movies being female led. How are men possibly going to survive. Also how will Disney/Marvel survive with it's string of billion or close to billion dollar movies.
Stop inhaling copium, zealot. M-she-U is no longer a juggernaut it once was. If that is still not obvious - you have problems with comprehending reality. Almost every project of theirs makes less money than the last, not to mention critical reception.

Also, if you can't get through your thick skull, that movie not necessarily should have nominal female protagonist to sabotage its male lead - you are even slower than a victory of communism.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:21 AM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The same Disney that is laying off millions of employers nationally and internationally? That Disney?

Muppet.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:41 AM   #37
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think that the catchphrase "M-SHE-U" is entirely about "volume of product" as much as it is about rage-bait-messaging, replacing male characters, and cramming dramatic-feminism down people's throats in the content they did produce.

Ant-Man had a gender-swapped Ghost which was made worse because they chose to make her a sympathetic character for the "plight of women". That character is ruined on screen forever for anyone who knows the ins and outs of the character in-print. The Ghost is so compelling that he could have become a household name Marvel villain the way that Iron Man and Thanos are now, as-if they were always popular.

We had the Avengers: Endgame scene with the clown car of awkwardly grouped all-girl-superheroes running into the battle like they were Titans from Attack On Titan, which was forced and awful.

Captain Marvel was awful. And it's star is an incredibly unlikable person, lecturing men and showing scenes in the movie as-if the natural state of men was to be awful to women.

WandaVision was fine - mostly on it's unique premise and infinite attractiveness and overall likeability of it's star.

She-Hulk.... was..... a truly warped version of the things that made the John Byrne comic so good.

Ms. Marvel appropriated the Quantum Bands of a fan-favorite blonde-haired, blue-eyed character but called them the "nega bands" instead, hoping that everyone would overlook it.

Black Widow was a cartoon-like disaster that bordered on parody. Ray Winston's character direction at the end of the movie was as if it was designed by every cliched that a high school purple hair assumes about the world because she was bullied in school at some point. It was ridiculous. Taskmaster was irredeemably changed for film and that's a character with a pretty large following as far as villains go.

The Eternals gender and race swapped Makkari for their full-on agenda movie of nonsense.

Thor Love and Thunder. Seriously? "But Jane became Thor in the books! DURP!" I don't even want to get started on that mess, and I love Portman's Jane.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. No M-SHE-U, huh?

The Marvels has one good thing going for it - the Photon actress who is gorgeous and was great in WandaVision. But I haven't seen anyone projecting that it is going to do well.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #38
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Stop inhaling copium, zealot. M-she-U is no longer a juggernaut it once was. If that is still not obvious - you have problems with comprehending reality. Almost every project of theirs makes less money than the last, not to mention critical reception.

Also, if you can't get through your thick skull, that movie not necessarily should have nominal female protagonist to sabotage its male lead - you are even slower than a victory of communism.
If we go by the officially recognised 'phases' of the MCU then Phase 4 was their second most profitable phase after the previous one. Forgive me if don't think only slightly coming in second to their commercial peak is a sign the sky is falling.

Also I'm curious which particular MCU movies sabotaged their male leads in order to boost up women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The same Disney that is laying off millions of employers nationally and internationally? That Disney?

Muppet.
The same Disney that is experiencing significantly increased profits these last few years?

I'm not even caping for them. Laying off workers when you're getting record profits is a crappy thing to do but par of the course for a corporation that just wants to earn more money when they are already impossibly wealthy. Sadly it's not a sign that the company is failing.

Last edited by Galactus; 05-25-2023 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #40
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Truth.

Anybody that thinks Disney is doing good just isn't paying attention. Disney is so far in the red it's not even funny and they have no one to blame but themselves for their idiotic decision to wage war against the fans/customers.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote