The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So, what you think of the TV show's adaptation of the original comic??
Holee Shamolee, that's flippin awesome!!! 36 62.07%
Hmm...not bad... 9 15.52%
This was a plot from the comics? 3 5.17%
*blinks* Man, theyre Returning already?! 2 3.45%
*sings* Send in the clones... 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2003, 09:07 AM   #181
Zilla
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: BlizzardVille Montreal
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
*squeal* I love your sig, Zilla!
us fangirls gotta show our love for da masta!
__________________
->DeViAnTArT<-
Zilla is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 09:29 AM   #182
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
hmm...

*plots to make a banner*
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 09:36 AM   #183
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
So far I must say that this storyline is better than both 'The Shredder Strikes' and 'The Shredder Strikes Back' combined!!! Oh let me just count the ways.

-I thought that the animation couldn't get any better than it did in the SSB two part storyline but after watching this so far, I think it's been beaten. The action is animated to perfection. Leo's kick in part one against the two foot ninja is a perfect example. An even BETTER example is Splinter's fight with the Mystics. I could see the pain and intensity in his face! Too cool. I really believe that their is going to be more butt kicking to come in the final chapter of this saga.

-Mikey's humor is something that relieves tension, even though Leo doesn't want it. haha. My favorite lines include, "Ok so did the Shredder wakee up on morning and say, "Hey I know! lets make clones of me! RRRREEEALLY ugly ones!" LMAO!!! Not to mention, the whole Tarzan and old TMNT reference to cowabunga. The scene in the traps room, kicking the metal mystic, getting bopped on the head in Shredder's throne room, and his remarks to Stockman. If it wasn't for his humor, I don't think they all could get through it. I bet even Splinter appreciates it!

-Splinter....dear God he is the master! On the same levels of Yoda in Star Wars, you can't beat the master. He proved it with his quick thinking, commands to his sons, and his battle with the Mystics. I thought it was awesome that he knew what combonations it took to defeat the Mystics. He does have some knowledge of science and magic. The way he held the sword of Tengu was amazing. So far, only Splinter and Shredder are able to hold the sword without being blasted back. Are both masters? Well we know that one is for sure. I can't wait to see him battle Shredder in Part III, with his sons help of course. Oh not to mention is words to Hun, "In the words of the Old Ninja Masters, 'It's ain't over 'til it's over!'"

-Finally, I like the fact that all the turtles work as a team, well except when Raph doesn't listen to Splinter about the traps. Such a hot head. His rashness will be his undoing, as Splinter says, if he is not careful. I like the fact that Splinter is so proud of his sons, no matter what happens. As he says, "My ninjas. My sons." Oh and one more thing: Leo still had fear of the Elite. At first, you could see it in his eyes but once he remembered what he had to do and what all that Shredder and his thugs have done, he didn't fear them anymore. I liked what he said but I can't remember exactly what he said at the moment but it was so fitting!!

Overall, it's the best episode yet. I would rank the best episodes like this.

1. Return to NY part II
2. Return to NY part I
3. The Shredder Strikes Back part II
4. The Shredder Strikes Back part I
5. The Shredder Strikes part II
6. The Shredder Strikes part I

Those are my favorite. However, I have a feeling that the final chapter in the Return to NY saga will be the best yet. Seeing the preview of Leo attacking Shredder with the sword of Tengu got me going. OMG!!!! THIS IS THE BEST CARTOON ON TV RIGHT NOW!!!!!
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 09:37 AM   #184
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
wow

what an amzing episode
the show keeps getting better and better
I loved the clones I think even more then I did in the comic...so can't wait for the toys
wow splinter just kicked some major ass in this ep. I loved it I could like move from the tv just had to keep on watching...
mikey actully made me laugh and I felt bad for him when leo yelled at him
the mystics were bad ass I hope we see some toys of them....
and finally shredder so nice this is finally gonna happen the big battle
and I loved baxters entrance!
no wonder they've waited to make his toy this should be a big boxed toy if they do it correctly i think the robo baxter will be so awsome looking
over all one if not the best episode so far in my book
it had action mutants/clones tuns of ninjas splinter kicking ass
I was very extreamly impressed toys
Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #185
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Great ep indeed. The whole thing about only masters wielding the sword, well I think it works like this. Splinter AND Shredder are both masters. I don't see why there would be any argument there. Also since Splinter was bare handed when he was holding the sword it burnt him. As for Shredder he's always wearing his gauntlets/gloves so you wouldn't see the effect. I don't think he held the sword in his bare hand did he?

Edit: Wait I just checked. He DID hold it in his bare hand. No burning effects...this could be the first really plot hole in the cartoon. Unless they suggest that Shredder is more of a master than Splinter, which I don't think is right.
Peanut is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:07 AM   #186
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Anyone else see that Mikey's headband went back to normal length?
Yeah, oddly enough Mikey took the ripped pieces from Leo and tied it onto what was left of the headband, and it suddenly returned to "normal".
Ahh, see, I missed the tieing part. At least the animators explained it instead of being like "Hey, it's back to normal!"
Taloniss is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:13 AM   #187
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
about the glove thing, and shredder...

Maybe Shredder's part Utrom, or something really odd that we dont know yet. He's got the "genetics" to hold it without the burning. Splinter didnt.


Let's just relax a lil about the glove thing. I'm sure we'll learn about it in the next ep...
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:30 AM   #188
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Wee... okay, I feel bad I didn't get to see the first five minutes of this. *eyeshift* But the parts I did see was cool. Very different from the comic this eps seems too. Especially when Baxter came in at the end.

Leo wearing the glove: I'm guessing he fit his finger in two of the gloves fingers. Like in the index and ring finger holes.

Splinter and the Sword: My guess is that perhaps the sword is designed for human masters? Or than because their were other Utrom metal elements in the vicinty when Saki held it bare handed, it didn't hurt him. I just watched the second DVD with the intro ep on this Sword too. Laird hinted in his interview that there is much more behind this sword.. and some how, I still think there's even more yet after this ep to discover about it.

Is the price that Splinter spoke of really the burning of the hands? Or is it something else? Hrmm..

About Mikey's bandana: I decided he used a ninja magic trick to fuse the ends together. Like you know how the magicains do the rope tricks, and combine three pieces into one....?

Hehe.. yes, sometimes one shouldn't question cartoon logic.

Lastly... the Baxter bot... that did come up rather unexpectant. Looks like they aren't gonna end this like they did in the comics now. The bot design does look kinda funky, like an overgrown mouser er something. He also has three fingers on it instead of four. Yeah.. I notice these things...
HorseTechie is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #189
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
Is the price that Splinter spoke of really the burning of the hands? Or is it something else? Hrmm..

Well, I was thinking about that too...

He's not only burning his hands. He's losing the ability to fight. I know that when I couldn't take part in Karate, I hated it. Just think how he feels, knowing he's hindered in trying to help his sons? What if one of them got hurt because he couldnt work to his full capacity? That would hurt more than anything...
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #190
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant
 
Lanagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Friends are not sent here
Posts: 346
what happened to Shredder?

hi guys! It is sooooo hard to read all 10 pages of your discussion. I don't understand what is going on. BUT I BEG YOU TO EXPLAIN ME FEW THINGS! I CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE OF THAT.
Guys, what happened to Shredder? Did he die?
And what happened to master Splinter? Is he dead?
I read that it would be a final battle between turtles and Saki
And crazy Baxter?
But I'm so scared because of my dear Shredder
is he ok??
I'll be looking forward to hearing from you
thanks
Lana
__________________
DEATH IN DAYS PAST
FORGIVEN BY THE GREATEST EVIL
TOUCHED ONE HEART
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:50 AM   #191
Barkworm
Draconian leftist ruler
 
Barkworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,695
Lana, you're really a weird girl!
__________________
Make ****, not kill!
Barkworm is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 10:52 AM   #192
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant
 
Lanagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Friends are not sent here
Posts: 346
YES, I LOVE SAKI
so what happened to Saki?
PS: My name is Svetlana which means a light girl in russian
__________________
DEATH IN DAYS PAST
FORGIVEN BY THE GREATEST EVIL
TOUCHED ONE HEART
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:03 AM   #193
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Splinter
And Splinter slipping out of his kimono, I'm suprised we don't have the female Splinter fans going wild over that yet. Maybe it's just a bit too early for that. All and all, a great episode.

I'm scared of when Skeletoncrew comes on!
Now why on earth would that be? Might it be because Splinter got NEKKID in this episode?! Whooo-hooo! Take it off sensei!

And people called my September artjitsu entry disturbing! Naked Splinter is now CANON! Heh heh heh

I wonder if Hun is embarassed about getting his ass whupped by a naked rat?
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:05 AM   #194
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanagirl
YES, I LOVE SAKI
so what happened to Saki?
PS: My name is Svetlana which means a light girl in russian
Nothing yet. Shredder just did a little "You're going to die" speech and ordered his Elite and Hun to attack the Turtles. Then Baxter interrupted and make a longer "You're going to pay for my suffering speech". We'll find out next week.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #195
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
This episode was awesome, even better than the first. Mikey was hilarious he and Splinter owned the whole ep. The part with the mystics was amazing. The only thing i was a little disappointed by was the brevity of the clone fight.

mini shredder clone was kickin' ass!
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:13 AM   #196
TheShredder
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: My Throne Room
Posts: 442
Did anyone else hear Splinter say "magic must defeat magic"? He's starting to sound like Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletoncrew
Now why on earth would that be? Might it be because Splinter got NEKKID in this episode?! Whooo-hooo! Take it off sensei!
Oh and if a naked rat turns you on who am I to judge?
TheShredder is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:22 AM   #197
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Did I ever say I was turned on?

I'm just HAPPY.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 11:26 AM   #198
TheShredder
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: My Throne Room
Posts: 442
Oh I'm sorry that's completely different.
TheShredder is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 12:01 PM   #199
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant
 
Lanagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Friends are not sent here
Posts: 346
oh, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
So the next episode will be the most important
__________________
DEATH IN DAYS PAST
FORGIVEN BY THE GREATEST EVIL
TOUCHED ONE HEART
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline  
Old 10-04-2003, 12:16 PM   #200
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant
 
Lanagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Friends are not sent here
Posts: 346
Skeletoncrew will come soon I hope
We both are big fans of Shredder
I wish they made Saki naked as well but kids watch this show...

__________________
DEATH IN DAYS PAST
FORGIVEN BY THE GREATEST EVIL
TOUCHED ONE HEART
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.