The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #201
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Hmmm, that sounds good.

How about TMNT: M.D.? Where Don is joined by none other that Dr. Gregory House and they must solve medical mysteries.

Okay, I'm just joking here. But it would be cool.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:49 AM   #202
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
How about TMNT and...whatever the hell this is...



Yep. That's the sign we've got off topic and became too silly.

Does anyone have any idea what they're going to do? Seems their running out of time to put something together. This thing's supposed to air in less than a year.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #203
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
It's Gonzo Dr. Tooth, jeez, a Muppet fan should now that. lol I think Don should be joined by Doogie Howser. I think with only a year left, they've got two quick options, go back to the original 2k3 style or continue with FF. There's no time for new ideas right now.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #204
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, I like House, so that's why I said that. Well, they can't continue with FF because that's been canned, and I doubt they'll bring 2K3 back, though I'd like them to do so. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. At least we'll get Ninja Tribunal next year, which is something.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #205
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
How about this. TMNT: Sliders. In an effort to return to their time, they somehow become derailed from the timeline. They spend an entire season hopping from one reality to another, ranging from Archie, OT, Mirage, Overload, Superworld, SaiNW, Superturtles, Shredderville, Dimension X, etc., in an effort to return to the 2k3 reality. This way, everyone's happy but at the same time, no one's happy since it's such a god-awful idea.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #206
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
That was the initial idea behind my 'full season of random artist's interpretations of the TMNT' (inspired by all the non-E&L stories and continuities that were injected into Mirage Vol. 1). No one ever commented on it though.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #207
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
TMNT: Eastman Returns
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #208
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Please, no. How 'bout TMNT: Dark Reality, where they return home to find that the "Same As It Never Was" future is coming to become reality due to the Turtles' months-long absence?

THAT would be cool.

Or TMNT: Battle Nexus, with a season-long tournament arc. I could stand that. The human acolytes could be in it, for one--and die only to return at the season finale.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #209
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
TMNT: Immortal

TMNT: No one ever freakin' dies
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #210
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
How about TMNT: Usagi's World, where the Turtles end up in Usagi's world by mistake and have to get back home?
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #211
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
You know, that one might actually work, since people say there isn't enough Usagi.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #212
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
It's been done though with the Ultimate Drako episodes. They can get home easily thru the Battle Nexus or straight back to their home since Usagi knows the enchantments to get to Third Earth (as seen in "Samurai Tourist")
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #213
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
True, but that was only one episode. I was just thinking maybe they could do something where Usagi and his friends are in real trouble, having to constantly face a certain, or maybe numerous foes (they never did take care of Lord Hebi once and for all), he summons the turtles for help, and they could stay maybe as long as half a season; it'd be a difference from the usual NY setting and can still be just as exciting. Maybe they could use that bit Stan Sakai did which included the turtles as an inspiration, change it a little, and expand on it; it'd have a comic touch and be original.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #214
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
It's Gonzo Dr. Tooth, jeez, a Muppet fan should now that. lol I think Don should be joined by Doogie Howser.

Like I don't know that that wa baby Gonzo in the Musical Muppets episode of Muppet babies, performing Weirdo troll. It's on my Photobucket account after all, sheesh. Try to make a joke.....

Quote:
How about TMNT: Usagi's World, where the Turtles end up in Usagi's world by mistake and have to get back home?
You know, as ultra obvious as that is, that could be a great solution. Have the TMNT in Usagi's world. That way we get an Usagi cartoon series, while keeping the familiar TMNT brand, so then there will be a built in audience of younger kids who don't fully know Usagi yet.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #215
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
They can get home easily thru the Battle Nexus or straight back to their home since Usagi knows the enchantments to get to Third Earth (as seen in "Samurai Tourist")
So does Splinter -- how else did he travel back and forth for the tournaments? All they have to do is have Splinter draw up the diagram, visit the Daimyo and ask him to send them back to their proper time. But that of course is too logical.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #216
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
That would actually be pretty nifty. I like Usagi and his universe.

Of course, it may work better as a 4 episode arc than a whole season.

Not to mention it would make a good story for Tales Volume 2.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #217
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
I'm still waiting for Renet to poof them back to their time......OH OH OH TMNT: Quantum Leap. Ditzy Renet sends the turtles through time landing them in the middle of historic events all through time. It's fun AND educational
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #218
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
TMNT: Beyond

TMNT: Unlimited

TMNT: Miami
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #219
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLASH!!! View Post
TMNT: Miami
I can see it now... Leo takes up the habit of wearing aviators and posing dramatically before he says anything. And his one-liners get much, much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack
How 'bout TMNT: Dark Reality, where they return home to find that the "Same As It Never Was" future is coming to become reality due to the Turtles' months-long absence?
Seeing SAINW-related events start to happen could be interesting for a season. That would give Donny a chance to shine (and put a lot of pressure on the poor guy, to remember details from an alternate reality he visited probably a year previous at least, by that time). You could do some interesting stuff with it... bring up some can-we-change-our-own-destiny questions, as well as force Don to make some in-series acknowledgement about that experience. Find a way to give Raph a prominent role (as he could use some more solo screentime) and I'd watch it, no question.

If I were watching a season with that storyline and Don were captured/went missing for any reason, I'd freak out. It has a lot of dramatic potential... you'd just have to, y'know, not blow it by doing something stupid. Which I can't say 4Kids is too reliable on.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #220
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
Seeing SAINW-related events start to happen could be interesting for a season. That would give Donny a chance to shine (and put a lot of pressure on the poor guy, to remember details from an alternate reality he visited probably a year previous at least, by that time). You could do some interesting stuff with it... bring up some can-we-change-our-own-destiny questions, as well as force Don to make some in-series acknowledgement about that experience. Find a way to give Raph a prominent role (as he could use some more solo screentime) and I'd watch it, no question.
Me as well. It will be a very dramatic jump from "Fast Forward", but I would really dig into it. I guess 4Kids needs to ask itself this: should they try make things that are appealing to kids, or just for kids? (gah, bad pun...). Kids like dark and edgy. I've seen kids in Spiderman 3. They loved every minute of it. The turtles are no different. Why make a kiddy plotline when they were loving the current dark plotline so much? The kids were happy until 4Kids tried to milk the show for everything it was worth... *sighs*
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt: overload


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.