The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How was That ep?!
I'll hang out with Leo in the water tower.... *ng* 4 8.33%
gotta love a good bus explosion...! 4 8.33%
"Captain America, Eat your heart out!" 13 27.08%
How can you not love karai?! 12 25.00%
Cant wait til next week! (Sp's Gotta be comin sometime!) 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #201
terran631
The Defender of Splinter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Third Rock from the Sun
Posts: 3,948
Yay I actually got to see the ep this week.
If I had to hear Raph say one more time "Its not our fight" I was gonna scream. I think everyone knows where Raph stands on the whole issue. Leo and Raph fighting was getting pretty tiresome too. I wanted to crack their heads together a couple of times. I felt sorry for poor Mike and Don. Loved the ep tho. Can't wait to see if Splinter decides to drag his sons home by the eyemask or just wait until they sneak back home.
Raph SO reminded me of Cartman from South Park while they were in the water tower.

Raph/Cartman: Screw you guys...I'm goin home.
__________________
terran631 is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 02:18 PM   #202
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanagirl
Oh, you make me so sad! Shredder makes the show so vital, so interesting. By the way who is Karai? I have heard some information about her but it would be nice to know more.
Don't you miss Saki?
Not having Saki/Shredder in every episode is really the best thing. We don't want him just being around every episode with the same scheme. After all, it would get redundant very quickly. Saki's like candy....good once in a while. But if you have it all the time, you get sick.

As for Karai, we don't exactly know everything about her yet. Other then she's a leader of the Japanese Foot Clan. And has come to New York to restore order to the Foot Clan. And take back control of the city. Here is her Mirage/Image Bio though. Remember that some of this has changed.

Quote:
Karai:
One-time leader of the Japan Foot Clan and one-time member of its ruling Council (once called the Council of Eight, later the Council of Five), the presumed successor of "The Faceless One," the former leader of the Japan Foot when young Oroku Saki trained there following his assignment to begin the New York Foot Clan. After the four years of chaos and disorder in the New York Foot that followed the second death of Oroku Saki/The Shredder, Karai decided it was time to intervene.

Having her Foot distract the Turtles, she abducted Leonardo to make a proposal: unconditional peace between the Foot Clan and the Turtles, if they would help her slay the remaining Shredder Elite Foot, Foot Soldiers loyal to only the deceased Oroku Saki who would not fall into line under her leadership. In a surprise attack, the Shredder Elite then killed Karai’s daughter. In the final battle against the Shredder Elite, Donatello constructed a suit of armor identical to the Shredder’s for Karai to wear in the hopes of confusing the Elite. In the end the Turtles emerged victorious, and Karai promised to keep her word (TMNT Vol. 1, #54 - 62).

For much time there was much "conflict" in both the Japan and New York Foot, and Karai was said missing and feared dead by the Ruling Council of the New York Foot, as they told Raphael when he inquired as to their involvement in the kidnapping of Shadow Jones (TMNT Vol. 3, #7).

Some time later, when Raphael returned to his Foot Clan lair in an Oriental theater, after he had assumed the mantle of the Shredder and had taken on the responsibility of leader of the New York Foot Clan following the gunning down of its Ruling Council by the hitmen of Antoine Puzorelli, after being confronted by Japan Foot and another claimant to the mantle of the Shredder, Pimiko, was told by two nameless members of the Council of Five who quickly fought him into submission that Karai "no longer even sits on, much less leads, the Council of Five. She made a great mistake and lost much face." It is unknown what her true fate is (TMNT Vol. 3, #21). She remains the only known possible candidate for the persona of "Lady Shredder."
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #203
milweskee
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 184
Why did they have to make Casey look so pathetic and useless? Although, it was funny when he fell on his face. What's that crap he screams when he's running after Karai and the Foot?
milweskee is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #204
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant
 
Lanagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Friends are not sent here
Posts: 346
thank you very much
__________________
DEATH IN DAYS PAST
FORGIVEN BY THE GREATEST EVIL
TOUCHED ONE HEART
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 02:24 PM   #205
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by milweskee
Why did they have to make Casey look so pathetic and useless? Although, it was funny when he fell on his face. What's that crap he screams when he's running after Karai and the Foot?
He is kind of pathetic and usless.
jeff the cheff is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #206
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
This one is as great as City at War part 1. I thought Leo & raph argued alot in this episode but who could blame them for what is happening.

Hun does some serious business in this one. Alright Hun! Show the PDs who runs the gang. I like the part when he put the smack down on Dragon Face like some Wrestling Show.

The PDs have been around since "Fallen Angel" that was before the TMNT fought the Shredder Good to see a comeback of those guys.

I kinda like the way Mikey used a reference of Captain America. Just like when he describes Spider man as the dude in Red/Blue Tights.

April actully has a car. And it's the same VW Wagon from the 1st Movie or Mirage Comics.

More Deadly Robots made the battle most challenging. Hun is Handy with the Bazooka, no foolin'

Nice action moves from Karai and her two Ninjas. It be interesting to see how reasonship was with Oroku Saki.

Next week is sure going to be the most epic episode of the Trilogy. Maybe as epic as RtNY part 3, but we'll see.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 02:50 PM   #207
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by milweskee
Why did they have to make Casey look so pathetic and useless? Although, it was funny when he fell on his face. What's that crap he screams when he's running after Karai and the Foot?
Well, he's going up against trained Ninja Masters and he has very little to no training, so they should be able to school him. He screams "Goongala" I don't know why, I guess to momentarily confuse/distract his opponents while he trys to club them.

Quote:
Raph/Cartman: Screw you guys...I'm goin home.
Taloniss is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 03:19 PM   #208
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
Aargh I had to miss this episode I'm so ticked. I was really looking forward to seeing it. Now I have to wait till reruns to see what happened.
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #209
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
-->> ..o' you guys.. don't be so emotional..




..here.. have some 'monkey bucks'




..

..i gots 10,000 dollars worth// so at this point i'm just givin' it away..



**..use it to line a bird cage or a cat littler box!!

..or give it to the mob in exchange for one of those big 'Beetle MEchas' ..

..them guys is stoopit..thjey won't know the differance..


__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 05:02 PM   #210
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
*Hugs vcr* It remembered to tape for me!!

Ah, yes, this was a great episode. I know everythig I liked has already been mentioned... So I won't go on about it. But...

A VW van?! Oh, I have always wanted one of those! And a green one, too. That was just cool.

Awesome ep., can't wait until next week!
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 05:42 PM   #211
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 474
Karai might be pay for failing the Shredder Utrom for not Destroying the Turtles.Shredder might do the same thing to Karai he did to The Purple Dragon Punk.Shredder is back in 3 weeks.
Demented Utrom is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 05:54 PM   #212
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Thank you for that informative and unwarned spoiler. Next time, please make sure to post spoiler warnings before doing so, especially since some of us like to be surprised once in a while. Thank you.
The Big Bad is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 07:13 PM   #213
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
I've had a '69(green!), '71 and 2 '89s Volkswagen Vanagons.
If you ever get one Jo, make sure ya know how to work on them. Makes them easier to afford...especially the Vanagons! Man they're expensive!
Never had a microbus like April's though, they hold their value more than the post '68s which are the boxier ones. I want a '63 23 window Deluxe VW Microbus, gotta ragtop on top + roof corner skyview windows and corner windows on the rear corners. Oh man, sweet rides.
Check this out, the Microbus will be back but really funny looking.

and here's the 23 window deluxe....

I guess the '64 micro won't show up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn

A VW van?! Oh, I have always wanted one of those! And a green one, too. That was just cool.
__________________
Buslady is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #214
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 474
The Van looks like the one from the live action movie.Was the Preview for Part 3 on Today.I didnot see it anywhere.
Demented Utrom is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:23 PM   #215
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I also always wanted a VW van. I wasn't allowed to get one.
jeff the cheff is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:31 PM   #216
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff
I also always wanted a VW van. I wasn't allowed to get one.
Not allowed? that sucks. my first car was 1969 VW Bus, it was green with white window posts. I got to drive it a whole week and it got stolen. Then I got my '71.

I reallllllly miss my 71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a beater with a mild custom 1776cc, it'd do 80....downhill.
__________________
Buslady is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #217
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
This episode was absoultely wicked awesome! I loved the fight between the turtles and Karai. Great struff!

"Captain Amercia eat your heart out!"
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #218
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
ohh, we used to store a VW van for a friend of my Dad's...

It was that wierd green with white, but here's the cool part..


The top RAISED up, and the van became a CAMPER!!!

there was a sink, table, and Beds!!!!

*now wishes she'd bought the thing.*

but then again, I used to sneak into it to play "barbies and dinosaurs"...
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 10:20 PM   #219
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
ohh, we used to store a VW van for a friend of my Dad's...

It was that wierd green with white, but here's the cool part..


The top RAISED up, and the van became a CAMPER!!!

there was a sink, table, and Beds!!!!

*now wishes she'd bought the thing.*

but then again, I used to sneak into it to play "barbies and dinosaurs"...
If it was a old split window with the top going straight up, that's a Dormobile...a collector's item!!
Westfalias are really popular here. Sin table bed, you could get a tent attachment where it attached to the side on the van and makes the whole camping experience with a VW cooler! Some tents even had a closed area for a portapotty!
__________________
Buslady is offline  
Old 03-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #220
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Yep, it was a Dormobile, alright! And the colors of the ep one were pretty close to it, which reminded me of that old beast. Wish i coulda bought it...
*kicks self for only being a fourth-grader at the time*
Machias Banshee is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.