The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #221
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,518
But I AM THE SHREDDER!! How dare this guy to play me in the movie?!??! Only I the one true and REAL SHREDDER ONLY I MUST PLAY IN THE MOVIE!!
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #222
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
But I AM THE SHREDDER!! How dare this guy to play me in the movie?!??! Only I the one true and REAL SHREDDER ONLY I MUST PLAY IN THE MOVIE!!
If you're the Shredder, then you should fall a few stories and get crushed in a garbage truck.

If you're not Shredder, do it anyway.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #223
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Oh man, he could have just made up an answer as to why he picked the role rather than "I don't know" and "can't put my finger" in it.

But eh, I think some actors are not that great in interviews. I really like him from Prison Break series and Dark Knight so I'm still gonna give it a chance and go see it first day.

Excited.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #224
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
From now on whenever I see William Fichtner in any other movie or TV show, I will think of him as, "white Shredder."

I may have to rewatch The Dark Knight Returns again just so I can watch William Fichtner die in the opening sequence when Joker places a grenade in his mouth.
2 Things:

1). It's just The Dark Knight

2). You Haven't even seen the movie or Fitchner's portrayal of the character yet. It's fine if you have doubts about the film (we all have plenty) but to automatically assume that the movie will be terrible beforehand is a bit off.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #225
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Fichtner is a fantastic character actor. To be fair, actors usually aren't all that interesting in interviews, possibly for many reasons. For one thing, it might have simply been a busy day for Fichtner, considering that the guy is now doing press for The Lone Ranger.

I can also think of very few interviews that I've seen with actors -- at least, A list actors -- that have been interesting.(There's an enlightening documentary on Netflix on the lesser profile actors -- including X-Men's Bruce Davison -- that's quite an eye-opener, with quite a few decent interviews.) For example, Brad Fitt is a great actor, with chaotic roles in Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, True Romance, etc., and yet, in interviews, he comes across as boring and uninteresting.

Then there's the fact that a lot of people conducting the interviews, particularly the v-bloggers/wannabe journalists of our generation, aren't great conversationalists either. Now, I love documentaries, behind the scenes stuff, and interviews with the crew, all that jazz. I eat that s*** up, but on reflection, I tend to find the directors (for the most part, barring Nolan, Lucas, and Zemeckis, who tend to be complete bores compared to the enthusiastic ramblings of Spielberg, Joe Dante, Sam Raimi, etc.), screenwriters, and the technical crew, such as the SFX/make up guys (like Rob Bottin, Richard Edlund, etc.), cinematographers, and so on, to be more interesting than A-list actors. B-list actors are another story. (Bruce Campbell is really fun to listen to.)

At the end of the day, it's not what the actor does outside of the movie -- whether he jumps up and down on a couch or is a complete bore in an interview -- it's what he does in the movie.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #226
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
There's an enlightening documentary on Netflix on the lesser profile actors -- including X-Men's Bruce Davison -- that's quite an eye-opener, with quite a few decent interviews.
That Guy In That Thing? It's awesome. Couldn't recommend it enough....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #227
shell4brains
Thug
 
shell4brains's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Already posted. Like, literally seven posts above you.
Oops, I can't believe I'm that blind. Sorry about that..... ^^;
shell4brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #228
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell4brains View Post
Oops, I can't believe I'm that blind. Sorry about that..... ^^;
It's all good, man. Don't worry about it. That was one particularly pissy comment of mine anyways.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #229
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
Go to YouTube and type Jake Hamilton, he has some pretty interesting interviews.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #230
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If you're the Shredder, then you should fall a few stories and get crushed in a garbage truck.

If you're not Shredder, do it anyway.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #231
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Funny, I've seen plenty of A-lister interviews on shows like Letterman, Tonight Show, Conan, etc, and most of them are fun to watch. Even some of the news morning show interviews are interesting. It just depends on who they're talking to, and the questions they ask. Downey is great in interviews, IMO.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #232
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Do you seriously want him running around screaming and squealing that he's playing Shredder?

Come on. You can't expect actors to respond like fanboys.
I get that, but on the other hand... if someone plants half a million dollars in my bank account, I would probably -- call it professional courtesy -- come up with some kind of nice answer to the inevitable "Why/how does it feel to be playing Shredder in the Turtles movie?" questions interviewers would ask.

It's just good form.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #233
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
It's as simple as saying "I liked the script. The Shredder is an iconic villain in pop culture and I'm honored to have the part." Oh well.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #234
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Oh man, he could have just made up an answer as to why he picked the role rather than "I don't know" and "can't put my finger" in it.
Totally agree. It's like he just sucked ALL the fun out for me. I'm already not-so-thrilled he's even playing the role and he's all "meh" about it...
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #235
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
But I AM THE SHREDDER!! How dare this guy to play me in the movie?!??! Only I the one true and REAL SHREDDER ONLY I MUST PLAY IN THE MOVIE!!
I'M SPARTACUS!
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #236
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Except for the obviously blue/grey eyes. (Hard to tell exact color, but definitely NOT Asian!) Unless they give him colored contacts, that is going to show!
As mentioned, the eye color issue is easily changed. Total speculation here....but I'm thinking perhaps they may go the Nickelodeon series burn victim route, where so much makeup/prothetics will be needed when not in mask that his race will be unrecognizeable anyway:
Spoiler:

__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!


Last edited by Venom; 06-27-2013 at 10:14 PM.
1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #237
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
As mentioned, the eye color issue is easily changed. Total speculation here....but I'm thinking perhaps they may go the Nickelodeon series burn victim route, where so much makeup/prothetics will be needed when not in mask that his race will be unrecognizeable anyway:
Spoiler:

[/
its funny he looks more like Voldemort as the figure lol. But this is why im not worry i believe Fichtner will be more of a voice and body thing than any way else and that a non issue in that case seeing as be is generally always be voice by other ethnicities. I think the burned or scared horribly will be the route we go and look at Cloud Atlas and Hugo weaving and the bending of race and sex i think this is a real no issue that people are blowing out of proportion

Last edited by Venom; 06-27-2013 at 10:13 PM.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #238
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
From now on whenever I see William Fichtner in any other movie or TV show, I will think of him as, "white Shredder."

I may have to rewatch The Dark Knight Returns again just so I can watch William Fichtner die in the opening sequence when Joker places a grenade in his mouth.
Well, every time I see him I think of him as Brett Butler's boyfriend on "Grace Under Fire", but he's a decent actor.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #239
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I'm having nightmares of Colonel Shredder being all white with an American uniform on and no ninjitsu whatsoever.

Perhaps they should have just used Bishop as the main villain of this movie if they wanted a government official who dissects the Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #240
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm having nightmares of Colonel Shredder being all white with an American uniform on and no ninjitsu whatsoever.
I want to be honest; I get annoyed by what you say. Sorry.

Last edited by Leonardo87; 06-28-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.