The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #221
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It shows that the worldwide gross is $69,250,000
Yeah but that's Domestic and Overseas in total.

Overseas it's done $34M.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #222
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,028
(Can't believe I had to shut off adblock for that site)

That is a very minor uptick and still only about half of what the previous movie made. The movie it beats out that weekend is X-Men Apocalypse, a movie that has been out for a week and also did twice as good in it's own opening weekend.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #223
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Deadline added a bit more information. Snipped here:

Quote:
Online, TMNT2 trailers were passed around at an OK rate of 10:1 according to Relish Mix. Looking at daily views, the top clips have 60K or less, which is a bit lower than the 100K+ threshold typically seen in similar summer films.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #224
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,741
I think Deadline makes a good point that once more schools start letting kids out, this film might show some legs. The movie might also make some money through home video sales. IF a third film is to be made, then I recommend that these turtles go into the animated universe and have a crossover with the 2012 turtles. The live-action parts only need to be at the beginning and the very end.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #225
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Keep in mind that there's bound to be a significant second-week drop, and the week after that Finding Dory is bound to destroy all kid-oriented movies in its path. Only time will tell, though.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #226
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I find out tomorrow how well it's done in the UK and against Warcraft.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #227
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I think Deadline makes a good point that once more schools start letting kids out, this film might show some legs. The movie might also make some money through home video sales. IF a third film is to be made, then I recommend that these turtles go into the animated universe and have a crossover with the 2012 turtles. The live-action parts only need to be at the beginning and the very end.
Honestly, I do like the last 2 movies(especially this one), but I really hope that the current series stays away from many more crossovers personally. Besides, the 2K3 series was ruined animation-wise by trying to be more like the TMNT movie of '07. Nick would be wise staying far away from having much to do with these movies.


Anyway, back on topic. I have no idea really how the movie business works but couldn't the low box-office be "blamed" for having stiff competition with X-Men and other movies? But yeah, at this point I think the movie would be lucky if it broke $300 million internationally.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #228
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I find out tomorrow how well it's done in the UK and against Warcraft.
Weekends not over yet I think that the one thing this one has going for it is it has more legs I think it will last longer at the box office. I have a feeling this will have better word of mouth from the casual movie going community.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #229
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,741
Right now I am looking at films with similar opening weekends that opened in the last ten years that also had some legs. Here's a list:

Quote:
*The Smurfs Sony $35,611,637 25.0% $142,614,158 7/29/2011

*Super 8 Par. $35,451,168 27.9% $127,004,179 6/10/2011

*Enchanted BV $34,440,317 26.9% $127,807,262 11/21/2007

*Puss in Boots P/DW $34,077,439 22.8% $149,260,504 10/28/2011

*Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Sony $34,017,930 28.4% $119,793,567 9/27/2013

*Epic Fox $33,531,068 31.2% $107,518,682 5/24/2013
If it can perform similar to these films, then it can still be considered a success.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...htm&order=DESC
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #230
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
I don't think China can save this one.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Shadows earned even less in the summer season's opening month, which is arguably a more advantageous position. Its biggest competitors from last week are Alice Through the Looking Glass and X-Men: Apocalypse, both of which saw attendance drop-offs of more than 60%.

It didn't fare much better overseas, either. Opening in more than 50 markets outside of the U.S., Shadows only managed to bring in an estimated $34 million. In other words, there was a lot of opportunity for Turtles to capitalize on this weekend, but it failed to bring out any big crowds.

At this point Paramount has to be wondering if Out of the Shadows, which was said to be budgeted at $135 million, will manage to break even. The movie still isn't out in a number of key foreign markets — including China, which is historically friendly to American blockbusters — so all is not lost.
http://mashable.com/2016/06/05/teena.../#XxvBB_3z.5ql
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #231
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,741
Variety has a statement from the people at Paramount.

Quote:
Paramount Vice-Chairman Rob Moore acknowledged that the studio hoped the domestic launch would be bigger, but said that the film could make up ground in the coming weeks. The second “Ninja Turtles” played younger, with 51% of the opening weekend crowd coming in under 25 years old as opposed to 45% for the first picture.

“The good news is younger movies tend to play at better multiples,” said Moore, predicting that, “the gap [between the films] will narrow as we play out.”
http://variety.com/2016/film/box-off...ar-1201788994/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #232
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Right now I am looking at films with similar opening weekends that opened in the last ten years that also had some legs. Here's a list:



If it can perform similar to these films, then it can still be considered a success.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...htm&order=DESC
I think it will perform relatively well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I don't think China can save this one.



http://mashable.com/2016/06/05/teena.../#XxvBB_3z.5ql
There is alot of mistake in that article.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #233
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Haha oh man. Only 10 million more than Fantfourstic that bombed at 25 million OW, with only like 70 theaters LESS than BayTurtles 2.

And opening at HALF what the first one made 2 years ago.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #234
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I don't think China can save this one.



http://mashable.com/2016/06/05/teena.../#XxvBB_3z.5ql
That's wrong, it was about 40 countries, still bad though.

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles...ase-dates.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3949660/...ref_=tt_ov_inf
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #235
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I think it will perform relatively well.

There is alot of mistake in that article.
What were the mistakes other than the number of international markets?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #236
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Variety has a statement from the people at Paramount.
It begins.



Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
There is alot of mistake in that article.
A couple. He got the number of international markets wrong, yeah. And calling the first movie "a middling debut by summer standards" is technically true if looking at the full season, but he ignores the context that it was a high performance for August. So I'll give you that. But the rest seems on point.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #237
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
we've all seen the reviews. Those are written by people who watched the movie. Cubed and I were discussing reasons people would not have gone to see the movie. All the promotions did was introduce a bunch of fan favorite characters, so I don't think that's why.
I think that might be one of the reasons why. Because all the promotions did was push the characters I wouldn't be surprised if many people wrote the movie off as being more of the same. Now with the gimmick of MOAR nostalgia. I know I sure did. If you didn't like the way they handled the few character's they had the first go round adding more to the mix isn't going to be something people see as solving the problem.
__________________
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #238
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,170
I don't think this movie has to worry about Warcraft...it has a 19% right now on Rotten Tomatoes, and wasn't projected to do well in the States...now Conjuring 2? Even though it's a horror film and not direct competition in terms of genre I have a feeling OOTS won't stand a chance, it'll probably come in at #2 but it won't over take Conjuring (that currently has a 85% on RT and a 9.1 on IMDB).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #239
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I don't think this movie has to worry about Warcraft...it has a 19% right now on Rotten Tomatoes, and wasn't projected to do well in the States...now Conjuring 2? Even though it's a horror film and not direct competition in terms of genre I have a feeling OOTS won't stand a chance, it'll probably come in at #2 but it won't over take Conjuring (that currently has a 85% on RT and a 9.1 on IMDB).
Independence Day: Resurgence also opening this month.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #240
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
This weekend has been bad for movies in the US, X-Men and Alice both suffered big drops.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april_screwed_by_cubed, big turtle gherkin, cybercubedthevirgin, neatomanlovesoots, tmnt ass juice, water the plants


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.