The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Utroms?!
*blinks* they looks like talking hemmroids... 4 12.50%
Oh my God, theyre so cool!!! 18 56.25%
eh, could be better... 6 18.75%
*mutters* Newman... 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #221
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Re: ahem

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic888
In the Palladium RPG, Mike also has the highest agility and dexterity of the four and is the second strongest and second fastest (both after Raph).

Sorry, but he's not the weakest by any margin.
Correctimundo. And don't forget Mikey also has a stronger Mental Endurance, Mental Affinity, and is the cutest turtle. With Raphael being the ugliest with a 5.

Donatello: IQ: 19, ME: 15, MA: 12, PS: 13, PP: 17, PE: 13, PB: 9, Speed: 10

Leonardo: IQ: 16, ME: 16, MA: 17, PS: 15, PP: 20, PE: 18, PB: 11, Speed: 11

Michealangelo: IQ: 11, ME: 14, MA: 19, PS: 16, PP: 24, PE: 17, PB: 16, Speed: 14

Raphael: IQ: 12, ME: 13, MA: 11, PS: 20, PP: 18, PE: 20, PB: 5, Speed: 15


IQ - Intelligence Quotient
ME - Mental Endurance
MA - Mental Affinity
PS - Physical Strength
PP - Physical Prowess
PE - Physical Endurance
PB - Physical Beauty
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:29 PM   #222
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
How can there be a cutest and ugliest turtle? They all look the same.

(I have the RPG book too)
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #223
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Part of their PB includes their charm/impress skills. And Mikey is a much more friendly/outgoing charatcer then any of the others. But he's also cuter then the others, period. Just because they look the same to us, doesn't mean they would to other turtles. And you'll notice that Mikey in all the comics and toons, does make friends with more people then the others do.
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:51 PM   #224
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Mike is such a sweetheart...

*snuggles Mikey*
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #225
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
if he did not, they would have been blown up by the bomb. the turtles' greatest strength is when they work as a team.
Ummm... since when were we talking about them working as a team??

I notice people tend to fall back on that lame excuse when engaged in an argument over which TMNT is "better" at something. OF COURSE they are better as a team --- its harder to break 4 sticks than 1. But, THE POINT REMAINS, that Don is far from the best fighter of the group.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:23 PM   #226
Spacefille
Foot Soldier
 
Spacefille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
Sorry... I didn't mean to cause a wild debate. I just made that comment because... hmm. It's been a while since I read them but I thought Mikey got his arm sliced open or something and Raph had to defend him. I thought there was some comment made about Mikey being weaker. That may have been because of the injury and maybe, because it's been so long, I don't remember correctly at all.

heretic888 probably has a point of who is the strongest fighter. Then again, there are probably *aspects* of fighting that each excell in over the other.

Basically the arguement is moot.

Also Donatello threw himself in front of the blast in the last episode to save Master Splinter's cell from getting hit. He did that on purpose.
Spacefille is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 06:46 PM   #227
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hmm

Quote:
Sorry... I didn't mean to cause a wild debate. I just made that comment because... hmm. It's been a while since I read them but I thought Mikey got his arm sliced open or something and Raph had to defend him. I thought there was some comment made about Mikey being weaker. That may have been because of the injury and maybe, because it's been so long, I don't remember correctly at all.
Yeah... and Leo got his head gashed open, and Raph was knocked off the side of a building and only lived because there was a clothesline. Stuff like that happens.

There was no comment made about Mike being the "weakest", especially since he had just whupped up on Raph on the Raphael one-shot just before #4. On a side note, however, Splinter describes Raph as his "weakest" student during 'Thr River' storyline (of course, this was not written by Eastman or Laird so take it with a grain of salt), but I believe he was referring to Raph's "mental" and "spiritual" weakness and not his fighting ability.



Quote:
heretic888 probably has a point of who is the strongest fighter. Then again, there are probably *aspects* of fighting that each excell in over the other.
Probably, but that doesn't mean they are all magically "equal" either.

Quote:
Basically the arguement is moot.
Not really.

Laterz.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #228
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
*Gasp* My poor Donnie. You may not be the strongest, but I still love you. *hugs*


*ahem* Back on topic (kinda): I have GOT to find one of those rpg books somewhere; that's interesting information. Thanks for posting it...
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 08:34 PM   #229
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Just do what I did: order them from the official TMNT site. I got two of them: TMNT and other Strageness & the TMNT Guide to the universe.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM   #230
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
I'm gonna have to do that. I was hoping to find one somewhere in a store, but, I've had no success.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Old 11-03-2003, 08:42 PM   #231
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
I found the Guide to the universe book at a store, actually.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline  
Old 11-04-2003, 09:52 AM   #232
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hee

Quote:
My poor Donnie. You may not be the strongest, but I still love you.
I'd like to add that just because Don may be the weakest or slowest or least skilled of the four does not make him a "bad character". Likewise, Mike is the most agile and talented of the group, but that is not what makes his character interesting (although it does add a certain dimension to him that fits with his overall character). Its their internal "character qualities" and personalities that make them interesting, long-staying characters... not their ability to cream the ThunderCats in a fight (sorry, i couldn't resist!!)

Even with the RPG material, its hard to determine who is the "best fighter":

- Leo and Raph are one experience level higher than Mike and Don, and thus receive slighly higher bonuses with their respective weapon proficiencies (+1 more if they were all using the same weapons). Leo and Raph also have 1 more attack per melee round than Mike and Don (6 attacks versus Mike and Don's 5 attacks).
- Mike has the highest Physical Prowess at 24, Leo's is 20, Raph's is 18, and Don's is 17.
- Mike has the highest unarmed Strike/Parry/Dodge bonuses (+7/+9/+9), Leo is behind him by -1 (+6/+8/+, Raph behind Leo by -1 (+5/+7/+7), Don is a bit behind the rest considerably (+3/+3/+3).
- Raph has the highest Physical Strength at 20, Mike's is 16, Leo's is 15, and Don's is 13 (oddly enough, this is the same Physical Strength as April and Splinter).
- Raph has the highest Damage bonus at +5, Mike's is at +3, Leo's and Don's is at +2.
- Raph has the highest Roll with Punch bonus at +8, Leo at +7, Mike at +5, and Don at +3. If you successfully roll with a blunt attack or fall, then you only take half damage.
- Raph runs the fastest with a Speed of 15, Mike's is 14, Leo's is 11, and Don's is 10.

Now, the rest of their worth as "fighters" is determined by not them, but the weapons they use:

- The strongest weapon is a katana which does 2d6 or 3d6 damage (depending on the quality), next is the nunchaku or bo staff at 1d8, and the weakest is the sai at 1d6.
- The different weapons have different bonuses if you have a weapon proficiency with them. The nunchaku, for example, as a chained weapon has pretty high Strike bonuses but somewhat lower Parry bonuses. The katana, as a large sword, has fairly low Strike bonuses but high Parry bonuses. A staff is fairly average in both.

So, ultimately, its pretty hard to determine who is the "best fighter". Its definitely not Don, either way you slice it. If you don't count their weapons as contributing to their "fighting abilities" and just like at their own internal capacities, this tends to even things out.

All in all, Mike, Leo, and Raph are ABOUT even... so, its hard to ultimatley say. I think what puts Raph behind Mike and Leo are his berserker rages, not a very effective fighting tool against warriors like Mike, Leo, or the Shredder.

Thus, I'd say, according to the RPG, Mike and Leo are pretty much "equal" fighters. They were the only two that could injure Shredder one-on-one.

Bah. Laterz.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 11-04-2003, 07:46 PM   #233
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
This Mumbo Jumbo about who's quickier and smartier is not making me think straight.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline  
Old 11-04-2003, 08:01 PM   #234
Stefano
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 762
agreed it doesnt really matter
__________________
Leo: Your reign of terror is over Stockman!
Mike: have you been practicing that?
Leo: You like it?

Utrom: this says ritc sir, and its written in crayon sir!
Something wicked this way comes
Mr. Show is the best!
Stefano is offline  
Old 11-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #235
Spacefille
Foot Soldier
 
Spacefille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
That's what I said. In the end it doesn't even matter...

... well actually Linkin Park said that, but that's besides the point...
Spacefille is offline  
Old 11-05-2003, 06:55 AM   #236
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well in Mirage Don is pretty much a pacifist, but when they get into a fight he holds his own as well as the others. But like been said, he certainly isn't the most skilled fighter of the group.
Karpo_007 is offline  
Old 11-05-2003, 07:20 AM   #237
Pher
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 53
I agree that Don is not the most powerful fighter of the group, but he more then makes up for it, I like how they now have him carrying around a tool bag, it fits him, hes the brains of the group, Also I believe that ralph could be a a far more effective fighter if he could control his temper
Pher is offline  
Old 11-05-2003, 10:09 AM   #238
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hmmm

Quote:
I agree that Don is not the most powerful fighter of the group, but he more then makes up for it, I like how they now have him carrying around a tool bag, it fits him, hes the brains of the group
In the RPG itself, Don has a LOT of scholastic skills the others don't get and its probably his major contribution to the "group". The other three seem to be better for fighting and other stuff like tracking and demolitions (Raph), espionage/disguise and escape (Mike), and planning (Leo).

Quote:
Also I believe that ralph could be a a far more effective fighter if he could control his temper
Its not really that simple. Raph's "temper" makes up part of his emotional makeup and he'd have to completely readjust how his body moves in relation to intent if there were any significant emotional or mental changes in him.

If it were to happen, the changes would have to be gradual so his body could adjust to the changes.
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline  
Old 11-07-2003, 12:04 AM   #239
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
This thread be closin down in....32 hours!


Make your last comments...have your last meal....make confessionals....what do you want on your tombstone...and do you want fries with that..?
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 11-07-2003, 01:36 PM   #240
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I wonder where Casey and April went after losing contact with the turtles. I mean he's got his own place to stay but her shop's still burned down from the explosion. Kinda makes me wonder...
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.