The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #241
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I finally started watching the set with the first 3 episodes..the animation seems worse but i'm happy to see non-shredder plots. This season seems to be a lot wackier than the past ones but its still in the same "attitude" so it still fits.
The first couple of eps of Season 4 had lackluster animation but it improves as you go on. Still some eps that didn't look that well, but it does have a nice batch of good looking episodes, particularly when the theme song changes.

Quote:
The giant donatello episode is a perfect example, it was so ammusing though and shows the epitome of the show and how its about fun.
I always got a chuckle at how Don and the ape were smashing into buildings and showed no emotion for the people that could have been inside who are now dead after the building crumbled. :p
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #242
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Did any one notice that the episode Dimension x story is like it was written as the first episode of season 4?? The Turtles and Splinter talk like the previous episodes never happened and that shredder hasn't been causing troubles since he and krang got stuck in dimension X?????
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #243
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
Since the order of the episodes are so confusing from the sources we have, I think we should try to order themselves here. I'm sure we can do it!
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #244
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I still don't see how that would have worked as "Plan 6 from Outer Space" continues with General Traag accidentally attacking the technodrome.

Either way, the Turtles would have seen Bebop/Rocksteady come to earth already.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #245
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,211
I don't think the people who made the show cared at that point, they were making money as long the 4 turtles were on the screen.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 PM   #246
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,182
I watched four more episodes, the statue samurai episode was fun especially after just watching the movie at first the statues seemed like a real threat.
Shredders mom wasn't bad like i thought it'd be, it was also semi apocaliptic. The neutrino baby episode was actually very good for such a horrible plot and i hate the neutrinos. Everyone acted like they already knew each other, i guess it happened "off screen" in another adventure, I also like episodes that show more light on Dimension X.
The Turtlemaniac was good mostly since he was a semi-interesting villian that we hadn't yet seen in this show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #247
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,182
another batch of episodes I watched:

Rondo in NY: a pretty weird sci-fi plot that also reminded me of the movie, pretty entertaining.

Planet of the turtles: extremely fun episode, how come the turtles didn't show more interest in wanting to stay in a place with their own kind?

Name that Toon/Menace maestro please: pretty fun duo of episodes that have a direct link. Howie Howard was entertaining enough for 2 episodes.

super hero for a day: never been a fan of "superheroes" in the turtle universe but this one wasn't so bad, I still liked it more than the new show superhero episodes.

back to the egg: a very fun concept, I'm glad "Toddler" turtles were in this universe.

son of return of the fly II - I enjoy all baxter stockman episodes, I just feel so bad for him, he is the most tragic villian in TMNT, he reminds me of Mr. Freeze.

Raphael knocks em dead: any non-shredder episode is always enjoyable even if its usually generic villians. Barney Stockman was a nice way of having human stockman again, though i didn't like him as much.

BBop Rteady conquer the universe: a pretty good episode, nice to see the spotlight on those two and actually getting close to winning. the final scenes were pretty awesome, especially the train crashing on Gorgonzilla or whatever his name is.

Raphael meets his match: fun episode, really liked Mona Lisa a lot. I wonder why she was never used again, lots of potential for her.

Slash: so much different than his action figure, I always thought he'd be a lot different personality wise. In this episode he is more of a missunderstood, not really a villain which is nice.

man i have a really bad memory, I forgot most of the things I wanted to mention about the earlier episodes in this "thoughts" post.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #248
Tabularasa
Foot Soldier
 
Tabularasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 106
Upon first watching, I didn't really like season 4, Season 3 was the best for me. But I think after you get past the first episodes it does get better but there were some bad plots in that season.
Tabularasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #249
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Season 4 shined in its character centric episodes. Whenever one of the episodes spotlighted only one of the Turtles, it was usually a good episode.

My opinion of Season 4 has actually changed after rewatching them. I used to think this season wasn't very good but I was surprised in how much I enjoyed the episodes.

The only bad thing about Season 4 is there's no overall story arc like Seasons 1, 2, and 3 had. The technodrome basically sits in Dimension X the entire season and the season ends with just a standard ho-hum episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #250
Tabularasa
Foot Soldier
 
Tabularasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 106
I remember watching TMNT all the time as a kid and since they've come out on DVD I've had a blast collecting them and re-watching. Does anybody know if the seasons past season 4 (I'm pretty sure there was 10 seasons overall) get worse or better?
Tabularasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #251
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,384
Season five has a few redeeming moments, in particular "Planet of the Turtloids", season six has an outstanding opening three, but afterwards slowly begins to lack. Season seven returns the show to it's roots, and everything that follows in the last three seasons is much darker than what we've seen.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #252
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
I'm still watching the season 4 DVDs bit by bit... trying to extend my time with them for as long as I can since who knows how long it will take for season 5... if ever? :S:S
I've come to the thought that I can't really decide which season between 3 and 4 I like better. On one hand, season 3 has more episodes that I like quite a bit but most of the season is filler and a lot of it is just average. But on the other hand, with season 4, I find I like some of the episodes to more of an extreme. The episodes I like, I really like a lot and the episodes I don't like are among the worst out of the entire series. And like season 3, there's a lot of filler in here too.

As for the DVD collection itself, I'm hoping to order the episodes in chronological order based on the events within the show. Like, I know the Big Zipp Attack happens before Raphael Knocks 'Em Dead because they show a manhole cover that has been eaten in that episode and we see in the Zipp episode that the zipp ate the manhole cover. And then there's the ones involving the technodrome being stuck in lava...
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #253
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
I just finished Season 3 and had some questions about Season 4 before I start it.

1. When did Mikey start using the grapple hook instead of the nunchuks? I notices in the final 3 "Big..." episodes he was grapple hooking Rocksteady and Bebop, with no sign of his traditional weapons.

2. What happened to the European Vacation episodes? Plan 6 From Outer Space ends with the turtles winning a vacation to Europe sponsored by Greasy Eddie's Pizza. I know Season 4 is not EV, so what happened to the continuity here?

3. I am guessing Plan 6 from Outer Space is actually Season 4 even though it is on the Volume 6 DVD? The ending picture / credits are different than the rest of the episodes on the DVD.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #254
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
I just finished Season 3 and had some questions about Season 4 before I start it.

1. When did Mikey start using the grapple hook instead of the nunchuks? I notices in the final 3 "Big..." episodes he was grapple hooking Rocksteady and Bebop, with no sign of his traditional weapons.

2. What happened to the European Vacation episodes? Plan 6 From Outer Space ends with the turtles winning a vacation to Europe sponsored by Greasy Eddie's Pizza. I know Season 4 is not EV, so what happened to the continuity here?

3. I am guessing Plan 6 from Outer Space is actually Season 4 even though it is on the Volume 6 DVD? The ending picture / credits are different than the rest of the episodes on the DVD.


Not sure on the grappling hook question. But the Vacation ended up delayed (don't know why) til later on, when it finally aired on USA Network. And right, "Plan 6..." is part of Season 4.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #255
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Is Shredder trapped in Dimension X during these episodes? I read that he is on an island during the vacation?

Basically, EV chronologically should come after Season 3, Plan Six From Outer Space bridges into that arc. However, EV did not air until the 7th season. So does the real season 4 (out on DVD now) also continue from where Season 3 left off, with the turtles banishing The Technodrome and Shredder to Dimension X? Does it continue after the Big Blow Out, Plan Six From Outer Space, or from some other point? I'm just curious before I start watching season 4 on DVD.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #256
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Yes, all the eps in Season 4 are meant to take place right after Season 3.

You'll notice the Technodrome remains in Dimension X the entire season, which is what happened to it at the end of Season 3.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #257
Tabularasa
Foot Soldier
 
Tabularasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 106
Here's what I think I know:

-Season 4 begins with Plan 6 from outer space
-Mikey used a grappeling hook because at the show was being shown nation wide, and the numchucks were banned in certain countires
Tabularasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #258
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
Here's an unrelated question I have regarding Farewell Lotus Blossom in season 4. The old man that bought the urn, is he the same one from the Usagi Jimbo episodes?
And I don't seem to remember but we don't see anymore of Lotus anymore in the series, do we? It's unfortunate because I think she could have played a bigger recurrent role in the show since she could probably have had direct ties to both Shredder and Splinter. You know, sometimes it's too bad this show was targeted at kids because the storyline could have been much more developed and detailed with some of these characters. lol
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #259
Tabularasa
Foot Soldier
 
Tabularasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 106
For any of you OT TMNT scholars- Does Usagi, the fly, Leatherhead, the rat king, or Lotus Blossom, or the Neutrinos ever make an apperance after season 4? Oh and I totally agree, if there was anyway possible to make the show more...I guess adult or mature is the word...it would be great but TMNT shows have always been aimed at kids and most likley always will be targeted to kids. But to me it's still good either way.
Tabularasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #260
ghllhg
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2
who tell me

Can find TMNT Season 4 Subtitles in where?
ghllhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.