The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #301
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Don't know what to tell you other than you've been under the wrong impression.

Nemec and Applebaum were hired in June 2011
http://m.deadline.com/2011/06/paramo...ninja-turtles/

The Blue Door script with Nemec and Applebaum's names on it is dated January 2012.

Liebesman wasn't hired until February 2012 after Blue Door was completed.
http://www.slashfilm.com/battle-los-...ninja-turtles/

So you can stop championing Nemec and Applebaum. Their original script started this mess.
But none of that proves who wrote the script. The Blue Door Script is basically like Avatar. Would have been cool if the movie explored Dimension X. The bad parts is the prophecy and the turtles not being mutants.


There was a recent interview with Andre Nemec that said they were called to rewrite the script though.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #302
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Well I'll be there when it opens. Going to be tough to dethrone cap 3 and other co petition. I love tmnt enough to keep going even though the recent movie wasn't ideal (well, at least liebesman's directing).
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #303
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
To rewrite which script?

"Appelbaum & Nemec" is printed right there on The Blue Door script. Top of the page dated 1/30/12.

The style and a lot of the beats from Blue Door are directly in the final product. In some cases, I felt the final product was worse than the scenes in Blue Door. I felt like Blue Door could have been alright with some tweaks (which should be obvious, I took my own crack at rewriting Blue Door itself).
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #304
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Even though I enjoyed this movie for what it was, I am NOT excited about Andre and Josh's return to write it. There goes my hope for an improved plot and story.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #305
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Petition Up!

I just made a petition yesterday against this movie. Not surprisingly I already a little more than 200 signatures. PM me if you are interested in the details and/or would like to sign.I won't however make a scene here. Strictly off the forums.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #306
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
I just made a petition yesterday against this movie. Not surprisingly I already a little more than 200 signatures. PM me if you are interested in the details and/or would like to sign.I won't however make a scene here. Strictly off the forums.
I will only say that 1 million, 2 million, 10 million signatures won't outweigh 90+ million dollars.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #307
voltron80
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
I just made a petition yesterday against this movie. Not surprisingly I already a little more than 200 signatures. PM me if you are interested in the details and/or would like to sign.I won't however make a scene here. Strictly off the forums.

This is why people mock this forum..
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #308
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Hope so. Love me some Jason, and Michael, just not Zombie's Halloween 2...
Do you like Zombie's first Halloween? What didn't you like about the second? Myself, I had a difficult time with Lords of Salem... a little too cerebral for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
I just made a petition yesterday against this movie. Not surprisingly I already a little more than 200 signatures. PM me if you are interested in the details and/or would like to sign.I won't however make a scene here. Strictly off the forums.
Love your optimism dude, but I think you'll be wasting your time and energy. As long as the movie and future sequels make money, The Powers That Be couldn't care less - the feeling is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #309
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Honestly I really don't know whether I want a sequel or not. I love the turtles in this version, but I don't want them placed in a poorly written movie again.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #310
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
There should be a petition to make TMNT a must watch by all American citizens.

A 28th Amendment if you will.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #311
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Here's the finished version of my poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PicsArt_1407735302357.jpg (105.5 KB, 24 views)
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #312
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Not going to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IkVBikJlh1...d-laughing.gif
This is why people mock this forum..
I see what you are trying to do but it won't work. I'm not going to fall for it. I and anyone else have the right to petition. That's all I have to say.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #313
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
You have the right to a petition, but dude, please don't PM people who you disagree with about the movie... it just escalates. Even if some of us don't like the movie, it shouldn't be causing such a big rift between folks here on the boards.

Let's not focus on that which divides us, y'know what I'm saying? I've got heaps in common with some of the pro-movie folks, which I've found out because I take the time to get to know people. The film's certainly not worth starting a war over.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #314
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
You have the right to a petition, but dude, please don't PM people who you disagree with about the movie... it just escalates. Even if some of us don't like the movie, it shouldn't be causing such a big rift between folks here on the boards.

Let's not focus on that which divides us, y'know what I'm saying? I've got heaps in common with some of the pro-movie folks, which I've found out because I take the time to get to know people. The film's certainly not worth starting a war over.
I never said I will PM you. I said you have to PM me first if you want details and I of course will PM the people who do. Big difference.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #315
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
So just got back from seeing it and yeah it was pretty much what I expected. Did my best to leave my reservations at the door and take it for what it was and if I look at it as just a movie without any of my fan biases its mediocore at best. The only saving grace is that when the humor works it really works. Other than that it feels kind of hollow, and its obvious its been edited to death. On top of that there's all the plot contrivances and the overall stupidity of the evil plan. If I look a it as a fan and hold it up to to other stuff in the franchise its so bad of a representation its frustrating. I think its safe say ill skip the sequel.
__________________

Last edited by slingtheory; 08-11-2014 at 12:43 AM.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #316
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
To rewrite which script?

"Appelbaum & Nemec" is printed right there on The Blue Door script. Top of the page dated 1/30/12.

The style and a lot of the beats from Blue Door are directly in the final product. In some cases, I felt the final product was worse than the scenes in Blue Door. I felt like Blue Door could have been alright with some tweaks (which should be obvious, I took my own crack at rewriting Blue Door itself).
Josh and Andre were called to rewrite the Blue Door Script. So was Evan Daughtery. Jonathan Liebesman is also one of those directors who gets involved in the writing process. I know there was some conflict and different ideas. Poor communication leads to bad movies.

I just listened to a video about the Blue Door Script, it surprisingly does sound better then what we have now.

If They just changed a few things such as
-Remove the Prophecy
-Remove the turtle's origin from Dimension X
-Remove the April and Casey opening scene
-Remove the odd ability of bouncing everywhere

and add some changes such as
-Add the origin from the original comics. The ooze comes from Dimension X
-Add a opening scene with the turtles. (instead of April and Casey)
-Add a different reason to why they are sucked into Dimension X, that is lore friendly.
-Add intense action scenes that demonstrate the turtle's martial art prowess.

The Blue Door major screw up is the origin and focusing on Casey and April too much.

Raph impaling Krang is badass and would have loved to see that.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #317
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
I never said I will PM you. I said you have to PM me first if you want details and I of course will PM the people who do. Big difference.
I'm talking about the PM that you supposedly sent Puddinpop.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #318
Lou 500
Hench Mutant
 
Lou 500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
I'd sincerely hope the writers, director and producer learn something and don't just make a high budget Asylum film. (Asylum is the film studio responsible for s**t like Sharknado)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Raph impaling Krang is badass and would have loved to see that.
No, Raph's had his victories enough times. Let either Donnie, Leo or hell, even Mikey (if they can pull it off creatively) deliver the death blow this time around.

Last edited by Lou 500; 08-11-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #319
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Shredder View Post
I just made a petition yesterday against this movie. Not surprisingly I already a little more than 200 signatures. PM me if you are interested in the details and/or would like to sign.I won't however make a scene here. Strictly off the forums.
Dude...why are you even here? Your whats classified as a tru hater, and a fuc+ing troll...go the hell on somewhere with your ********. Thinking your little 200 signers are gonna stop a 90 mill opening
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #320
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Dude...why are you even here? Your whats classified as a tru hater, and a fuc+ing troll...go the hell on somewhere with your ********. Thinking your little 200 signers are gonna stop a 90 mill opening
Where did you get that figure? It opened to $65 million.

Anyway I agree that petitions like that are a waste of time. If anything, it's just stirring up more of the same controversy that helps this movie do as well as it did. It would never convince them to cancel the sequel.

Now, a petition naming a good director to hire in place of Liebesman, or to change scriptwriters, either of those I could see having an impact. But to cancel the sequel? Not in a million years.
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.