The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #321
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How is April too skinny?
She looks normal.

Movie april did indeed look skinny but not not in a bad way.


Just ranting a bit, the whole OMG SHE LOOKS ANOREXIC!! is dumb, not to mention there are tons of very skinny girls IRL who are NOT anorexic its just the way they are.

Movie April looked okay because she was surrounded by similar looking designs, but she did look really skinny.

I don't think this design looks too skinny, it just looks really bland compared to other April designs.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:41 AM   #322
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
These new designs for Casey and April scare me. A lot. While I think the new turtle designs look alright...I don't know. I just can't get into Casey and April's revamp for some reason. And the thought of that scares me. Hopefully I'll change my mind when more stuff comes our way, but for now...
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 AM   #323
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I love Casey's new look, the buff thing suits him well. April looks er different the darker colors will help. She looks like she reverted back to her pre-teens and her boobs some how shrunk.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:02 AM   #324
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
April looks er different the darker colors will help. She looks like she reverted back to her pre-teens and her boobs some how shrunk.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Casey looks nearly identical- as if he had just put on a different outfit and gotten a haircut.

April looks like a totally different person. At best as if she were a younger cousin. Due to an undiagnosed illness, I was heavier in my teens than what I am now. So there is something else other than the skinniness that is making her look so young all of a sudden.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #325
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Casey looks nearly identical- as if he had just put on a different outfit and gotten a haircut.
...and started avoiding sunlight. Look how pale 2K8 is in comparison. Not a bad thing. Just a striking difference.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #326
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
I agree... The 2K3 April was better and hotter than the 2008 april.
...Get a real girl please.


Not too bad actually, definatley "ages" the characters, whilst making them look younger...

...Man, I havent seen such blatant changes of design since the animation houses that messed up The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #327
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
I'm just curious if the original voicecast will remain for 2008.
I see them changing their voices for the characters a bit. Watch "Meet Casey Jones" and listen to his voice near the end when he says: "friends of yours?" Marc Thompson sounds exactly like Chris Evans.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #328
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Casey's not just clean-shaven. He's a frickin' Dapper Dan. Look at his nice, new, shiny leather shoes.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #329
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Thanks to the comparison images, I can now plainly see that Casey's thighs are way too thin >.<
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #330
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Hey, I prefer the new April to the new Casey. She ain't bad!
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #331
Wanda
Thug
 
Wanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 65
I hate new Casey and April... Casey's too neat and April could look more mature.

But I like April's new hair color. Although I have had hair same color as the 2k3 April, I've always prefered the '80 toon haircolor on April.
__________________

*
Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

***

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"


The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #332
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Casey Jones does look a little too nice now that you mention it, but It still looks like a pretty good overall design to me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #333
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
Just for comparison's sake: the new, prototype models for Casey and April, and the ones for the previous seasons.






And yeah, I'd be surprised if the cast changes at all. After all, the show is still produced in New York and handled by 4Kids, so why change it if you're just going to be drawing from the same pool of actors? The only character I could see getting a new VA is Hun (if he appears at all), since his Season 5 VA screams "stand-in".
I'd consider the designs a little weird, but I watched DCU all the way from B:TAS to JLU. This is nothing.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #334
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
Not to mention Janine in the Real Ghostbusters always changed her design...which got so ridiculous that JMS had to write an explanation for it...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #335
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I haven't watched that show since I was about 5 so I wouldn't remember. The only thing changing that I particularly remember is that it started out as The Real Ghostbusters and then became Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters later on.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #336
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Slimer was a piece of sh*t! Man I really couldn't stand that green little glob of ghost or how they made him more and more the focus over time. I actually liked Janine's change of character design. To me it made more sence since people's appearance does change over time in the real world. I liked it when Kathie Susan took over for her.

Quote:
But I like April's new hair color. Although I have had hair same color as the 2k3 April, I've always prefered the '80 toon haircolor on April.
me too. I was never found of April's redder than blood hair color, it almost looked hot pink on occasion. I like the this flame color red better, plus it looks like she has some high lights foing on there which is nice. I don't know why people are saying that Casey looks more like a pretty boy in this design. Casey has always been depicted as being some male stripper-esch pretty boy in 2k3. It's part of the reason that I don't care for the Casey April pairing.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #337
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Post W W Iv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I'd consider the designs a little weird, but I watched DCU all the way from B:TAS to JLU. This is nothing.


-->> Weird yeh .. but don't they look a tiny bit more mature.. ?? i mean April and Casey look a tiny bit older..


..f♦ckle i dunno..
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。

Last edited by tOkKa; 11-13-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: TYPO ............
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #338
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Slimer was a piece of sh*t!
Erm, no... He was a piece of snot. What? You know people with slimy, green poop?? O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Casey has always been depicted as being some male stripper-esch pretty boy in 2k3.
The typical idea of 'pretty-boy' is linked to 'hygienic'. 2K3 Case was rarely that. Perhaps he made the ladies swoon with his well-built muscularity, but pretty-boy he ain't.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #339
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Casey's "broken" nose or whatever you want to call his 2K3 one has been healed-- or he's been to the plastic surgeon (and had his chin enlarged).

I don't know, tOkKa-- I think they've made April look too young! I can handle the Casey change, but the April one?

Anyway, that's ONE crazy fangirl teacher's opinion.
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #340
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
The new Casey's got the Bruce Campbell chin!
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.