The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #341
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Possibly. But I mean the films pretty violent as is (by Nickelodeon standards). Some extra spin-kicks & somersaults wouldn't do anything more than make it more awesome. I think it boiled down to time & money and they just had to give what was finished to their August release date. (better that though then do a 'King Kong' and add effects that are clearly not finished)
for TMNT 2, they are gonna have to go bigger, Just because of Bebop and Rocksteady, Those two characters are known to cause quite a bit of destruction in the City. They are like a force of nature.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #342
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
? Cutting martial arts out of already-present action scenes has nothing to do with adding humour to the film.
Taking out "violent" action beats and replacing them for bad jokes would certainly fall under what Bay did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It could be due to Nickelodeon wanting the film to be aimed at Kids, Even the Nick series had its share of Violence, But wasn't excessive.
I love that you're still trying to blame Nick even though this movie's problems begin and end with Bay/Platinum Dunes/the writers.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #343
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Taking out "violent" action beats and replacing them for bad jokes would certainly fall under what Bay did.
dude you don't want to have a practical conversation, you just wanna slam Bay. That's boring. I'm trying to figure out why certain fight moves were filmed and not ILM'd in post. I say it comes down to time & money.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #344
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
I'm trying to figure out why certain fight moves were filmed and not ILM'd in post. I say it comes down to time & money.
Or Megan Fox screen time was more important.

For every 'required' eye roll-worthy butt shot (for any movie), a little bit of awesome dies.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #345
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
dude you don't want to have a practical conversation, you just wanna slam Bay. That's boring. I'm trying to figure out why certain fight moves were filmed and not ILM'd in post. I say it comes down to time & money.
And...I say it comes down to Bay wanting more stupid jokes. Which is a fact based on an interview he gave.

Why is your baseless conjecture more practical than my fact from the guy himself?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:08 AM   #346
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Yeah he said he added humour cause the film's tone was too serious (you know what tone means, right?). He didn't say "we reduced the action & put jokes in its place".
How do you come to the conclusion that adding jokes means also having to simplify fight choreography?
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #347
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
didnt the extra material show martial arts that wasn't in the movie?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #348
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Yeah he said he added humour cause the film's tone was too serious (you know what tone means, right?). He didn't say "we reduced the action & put jokes in its place".
How do you come to the conclusion that adding jokes means also having to simplify fight choreography?
Because the more you add of something but want to keep the same run time, the more you to have remove something else to put it in its place. In this case, some of the action scenes just had to go to make room for more jokes and Megan Fox bouncing around and bending way over. Is that really so hard for you to understand?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #349
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Because the more you add of something but want to keep the same run time, the more you to have remove something else to put it in its place. In this case, some of the action scenes just had to go to make room for more jokes and Megan Fox bouncing around and bending way over. Is that really so hard for you to understand?
There's some conjecture lol. You're assuming they had a runtime set in stone. You're assuming those two shots of Fox were added later (they weren't). You're assuming the additional humour wasn't largely done in ADR. We're all just assuming here, cept I'm making practical assumptions. And if you're gonna add your 10 cents, actually watch the featurette I was talking about first so you have some context & I don't have to walk you through this convo.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #350
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
There's some conjecture lol. You're assuming they had a runtime set in stone. You're assuming those two shots of Fox were added later (they weren't). You're assuming the additional humour wasn't largely done in ADR. We're all just assuming here, cept I'm making practical assumptions. And if you're gonna add your 10 cents, actually watch the featurette I was talking about first so you have some context & I don't have to walk you through this convo.
I'm not saying they were added later, I'm saying they had a certain run time they had to fill and when it came time to decide what stays and what goes, for whatever reason they decided a good shot of Megan's ass was more important than some full on martial arts action, so that **** has got to go.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #351
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm not saying they were added later, I'm saying they had a certain run time they had to fill and when it came time to decide what stays and what goes, for whatever reason they decided a good shot of Megan's ass was more important than some full on martial arts action, so that **** has got to go.
Not a difficult concept to grasp. Can't imagine why he's having a problem understanding it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #352
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
I get your point, I'm just saying those four stunt guys worked their asses off & delivered the martial arts action we wanted to see. Very little of it was in the film. And for all the reasons for PD to not include it, I don't think runtime is one of them (this is the same team who made Age Of Extinction nearly 3 hours). I think they ran out of time to complete all the FX shots in the brawls, that's why we got the bare minimum.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #353
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
I get your point, I'm just saying those four stunt guys worked their asses off & delivered the martial arts action we wanted to see. Very little of it was in the film. And for all the reasons for PD to not include it, I don't think runtime is one of them (this is the same team who made Age Of Extinction nearly 3 hours). I think they ran out of time to complete all the FX shots in the brawls, that's why we got the bare minimum.
Which is sad, a shame and a waste of good talent. They kept pushin this crap month after month. It wouldn't have hurt another month or so to get some of that action down. It could have improved the movie. And if they had to sacrifice fart jokes and whatnot..... no big loss there.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #354
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
Anyone get theirs from FYE? I'm curious what the beanies look like.
Came across this and what I'm assuming is prob the Leo one.

http://uchiharulz.deviantart.com/#/a...503087611?hf=1

Why aren't/weren't these things more widely available... >.> Why not, I dunno, put them for sale in stores. Might buy one of those if they were.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #355
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
That beanie is actually pretty cool.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #356
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
TMNT DVD/Blue Ray doesn't come out here (UK) till next week but you can download it now from ITunes.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:44 AM   #357
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
TMNT DVD/Blue Ray doesn't come out here (UK) till next week but you can download it now from ITunes.
It's strange that it's taking so long for some countries.
The movie was released in theaters here (in The Netherlands) in August, yet the DVD/Blu-ray won't be released before February 25th.

What makes it even weirder is the fact that the Australian Blu-Ray I got back in December has Dutch subtitles, even the Bonus disc.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #358
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Got my Blu-ray in the post today. Tis sitting nicely in my shelf next to Turtles Forever.

All I need now to complete my TMNT collection is the Nick series and... Next Mutation? Not so sure about that last one.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #359
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
[QUOTE=THGhost;1421848]Got my Blu-ray in the post today. QUOTE]

Me too!
Mrs wants me to wait till Saturday to watch it so she can too! I knew it
Will be watching all the special features tonight though...
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #360
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Yeah, I got my Blue Ray today, I got it in Sainsburys after I finished work. Will watch it later as there's nothing good on tv because of the football match
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.