The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #361
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Splinter stays in the future, eh? O_o Sounds like an idea decided upon almost exclusively to tie up the two dangling storylines in 2105 (the threat of Darius and the seed of goodness growing in the Dark Turtles). Sounds decent. Because Splinter wouldn't be where the main story is taking shape means that there's more opportunity for him to overcome his soapaholism and reclaim his 'worthy character' status. Sounds good to me...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #362
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Serling is funny...Splinter doesn't need to be there, it'd be cool to see them work without him.

Plus this leaves the door open for the Dark Turtles and other FF characters to come back.

I better hide now before I get savagely assaulted by FF nay sayers.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #363
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Na, it's cool Spit. We are just discussing possibilities here. No blood shed for us nay-sayers

Anyways, it's ranting time for me... *ahem*

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Why?! Why are they doing this? I usually have faith in the directors and writers, but right now alarm bells are ringing. It...it just seems wrong for Splinter to be out of the picture like this. True, he's been out of the picture before in the comics and such, but...he's been out of it for so long in Fast Forward that it makes me want to scream. Out of character, out of focus. Reduced to an old man with a love for soap operas and cheez-its. He needs his prime moments as well. Remember back in the first season of the series? "The Shredder Strikes" episodes when Splinter was helping his sons fight Shredder? That's the Splinter I have come to know and love. To watch him be sidelined like this is just painful and scary to watch.

Still, there is a good chance of everything working, as everyone has said before me. But...to me, at least...this doesn't feel right. Hopefully the way the episodes are scripted out and how everything is managed will prove me wrong. Like gobo just said, this could give him a chance to prove his worth as a main character once again. And also to see the turtles functioning without their father. He isn't going to be around forever, so seeing them work without him will be interesting. Despite this...I still feel terrible. Like a giant knot has tied itself up in my stomach. The same feeling I got when I starting hearing things about Fast Forward that I didn't like. Hopefully this isn't an omen of some kind.
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 AM   #364
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT SUCKS!!!

I had been having a great time so far with all these awesome events. And now they totally ruin it.

Splinter needs to be WITH THE TURTLES! It would alter the timeline too much. It would make it diverge from the comic book storyline way too much.

I do not know how official this is, or not. It may work for a couple episodes in the beginning- but not per secula seculorum.

Splinter was NOT useless in FF by any stretch of the imagination. Look how much arse he kicked in "Day of Awakening". Plus FF was supposed to be a lighthearted season.

Splinter NEEDS to be WITH the TURTLES!!!
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 AM   #365
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I think it would be cool to see the Turtles get on without Splinter. They would be, like, always a little sad that Splinter was gone, but it would be a growth experience for them.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 AM   #366
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
I don't like it or anything......but maybe if Splinter is staying in the future this is the Kid friendly way of killing Splinter.....I mean, he has been dead for almost 5 years in comicverse. (yes I know the turtles were significantly older for that event) They still need guidance, enter serling.

I don't like it though.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:48 AM   #367
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
As for the VA's wasn't Scottie credited in >>? And about Hun's VA, Greg Carey, he was Hun in the LS and >>, they just didn't pitch the voice down anymore.
No and no. Ray, despite his cameo as the Shredder, was never credited in Fast Forward; aside from the VA's for the Turtles and Splinter, the only ones who got "Starring" credit were Christopher C. Adams (Cody), Marc Thompson (Serling), Sean Schemmel (Biggles, Sh'Okanabo), and David Zen Mansley (Darius Dun, Bishop).

As for the idea of Carey's Hun voice being manipulated from the start...no, I don't believe it. Unless they're going for a particular effect that can't be replicated by human voices (like the metallic echo used when Saki wears the Shredder helmet) voice actors voices generally aren't manipulated to the extent you suggest. Plus, it makes no sense: Hun's tone of voice is perfectly doable naturally; why hire someone who'd require constant voice manipulation, when it's much easier to just get another actor? All your video proves is that you can manipulate a voice to sound like another's. Not only that, your theory doesn't take into account Leatherhead's season 4 voice, which sounded nothing like his original one.

Last edited by The Big Bad; 11-16-2007 at 06:57 AM.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 AM   #368
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Unofficially, Splinter will appear in a tube to the turtles much like Zordon to the MMPR. That's how it will be. I see Serling as the new Metalhead for the turtles and just appears more often. Honestly, Splinter staying in the future, he'll probably be just as involved as he was in FF, which I think is not very much (relative to 2k3). I really hope this isn't the case, I'd prefer him back in time with them, but I guess we'll see what happens.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #369
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
As Maxwell Smart said..."Missed it by that much!"

I don't know how to feel. I mean, Serling was an enjoyable character in the aspect he wouldn't be around too long. But then again, what they did to Splinter in FF.... do we really want him back? If he's going to make "I love soap opera" jokes all the time, I don't want that either.

And considering it's time travel, if Splinter and Serling left Cody alone, couldn't one of them come back 2 minutes after they left? Cartoons and Time Travel..... you have Mr. Bumpy tying an alarm clock to his back and sneezing himself back in time... you have Newton the Newt put a newspaper in the blender.... nothing makes sense.


I'm still hoping for the best. Other than that one big problem, we could see better plot lines. That's all I'm waiting for. Plus it's only 13 episodes. They may do something different from that one 13 episodes later.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #370
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Personaly i would like to see the Utrom Shredder returning in the new season.. I think that the series will be alot better if there is a Shredder. The Shredder is better than Splinter. The turtles can not live without the SHREDDER!! I think that the original Shredder in the 80 season was better than the Utrom and Demon shredder because he was human and also he wa apperance in almost all episodes of the 80 toon. But we havent see utrom shredder more than 10 times in the new series. Also, KRANG was the REAL leader of the Foot Clan and NOT SHREDDER. Will we see him returning in the new season?. We already saw him in Season 2 of the 2K3 series but that is not enough. I like to see him reurning and destroy the turtles.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #371
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Oh, God. Another person who swears the turtles can't do well without The Shredder. If you like him and Krang so much, watch the old series. Simple. Let the new series do its thing.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #372
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
Personaly i would like to see the Utrom Shredder returning in the new season.. I think that the series will be alot better if there is a Shredder. The Shredder is better than Splinter. The turtles can not live without the SHREDDER!! I think that the original Shredder in the 80 season was better than the Utrom and Demon shredder because he was human and also he wa apperance in almost all episodes of the 80 toon. But we havent see utrom shredder more than 10 times in the new series. Also, KRANG was the REAL leader of the Foot Clan and NOT SHREDDER. Will we see him returning in the new season?. We already saw him in Season 2 of the 2K3 series but that is not enough. I like to see him reurning and destroy the turtles.
I think you might be a little confused. Let me help you out. First of all, we have seen utrom shredder in more then ten episodes. Although not quite as much as the old toon, he was featured in the show quite a bit. Also, I dont know if you can really classify the "Krang" was saw in season 2 as the old Krang...but I guess it can't hurt lol.
Anyways, I actually would not mind seeing Utrom Shredder again either. We have'nt really had much of him for a few seasons, and what can i say? I like the Shredder. I would'nt be surprised if he returned either, as I'm guessing they might want to hype him, incase he is returning in the sequel. Plus, it just seems good for marketing kids products, if they have an arch-villian, so I would not be surprised to see him again. In a way, it kinda sucks that the lost season was based around a shredder of some sort. If not I'd welcome the return of a shredder even more.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #373
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Oh, God. Another person who swears the turtles can't do well without The Shredder. If you like him and Krang so much, watch the old series. Simple. Let the new series do its thing.
But they can't. just like Batman can't survive without Joker.... except for The Riddler, Raj a Ghoul (sp), CatWoman.....

The Turtles don;t need the Shredder to carry the franchise. Which is why I loved the new movie and didn't like the out come of the original TMNT2. They have other villains to face, and they really should utilize them all.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #374
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I have tried putting this into perspective and tried to convince myself that it could be worse.

But in the comics, Splinter was 4 hours away by car training Shadow when the Turtles are in their 30s.

After FF, the Turtles are still teenagers. They need their father and sensei with them. They need to learn new things. They need someone to guide them.

Hopefully this will just be either tentative that does not happen, or only for a couple episodes.

They better keep Splinter alive. Splinter never died in the 1987 toon. Nor in the Archie comic. Nor in the movies. So why would you need to get rid of him in the current toon? Also- in the comics this happens when the Turtles are full adults. Such a loss in their teens would be devastating.

Splinter is THE fifth Turtle. He is just as necessary to the team as his chelonian sons are.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #375
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Splinter NEEDS to be WITH the TURTLES!!!
It's going to be the worst TMNT series ever for you, no Splinter and April and Casey live together.

SHIELD YOUR EYES CHILD!
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #376
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
You are the f*cking man Spit

It''s about time we disposed of Splinter, he offers nothing and his story was concluded with the Lost Season. Anyone who wants to live in the past can go rewatch the first five years, or learn that character development doesnt end with a rodent's departure.

But in regards to these new spoilers. Splinter an interdimensional being caught in a time warp, veichles, and a giant transforming guardian robot returning with the Turtles? I know they paired the Turtles up with the Power Rangers once, but never did they ever make it THIS literal

It all depends on execution, but it's starting to sound more and more toyetic, more so than FF ever was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
I am a goddamn idiot.
And that takes care of THAT one...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #377
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Haha good form Spit.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #378
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You are the f*cking man Spit

It''s about time we disposed of Splinter, he offers nothing and his story was concluded with the Lost Season. Anyone who wants to live in the past can go rewatch the first five years, or learn that character development doesnt end with a rodent's departure.

But in regards to these new spoilers. Splinter an interdimensional being caught in a time warp, veichles, and a giant transforming guardian robot returning with the Turtles? I know they paired the Turtles up with the Power Rangers once, but never did they ever make it THIS literal

It all depends on execution, but it's starting to sound more and more toyetic, more so than FF ever was...



And that takes care of THAT one...

Zarious Two: I AM DR BAXTER STOCKMAN THE MOST FAMOUS SCIENTIST IN THE WORLD!!!, NOT A IDIOT. IF SOMEONE IS IDIOT THIS IS YOU NOT ME. YOU ARE A MUTANT MORON!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE:
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #379
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry
 
Fang Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In Europe: Sweden
Posts: 3,521
I'm little confused here.
It's that New TMNT *2008* as all talk about?
I sorry for at Not hang with all Talk here
__________________
OBS: I have an 4 stage aggressive cancer..


My Furaffinity
Fang Wolf's Illustrations
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #380
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I don't know. I mean, Splinter's their father. It would be like this recent season of Smallville. I'm really wishing that Martha was there. Smallville was supposed to be about how and what made Clark Superman, but with his parents and his major grounding point gone...what now. So it is with the Turtles. The TMNT are a family. Splinter's their father. With out him (for an extended period of time) it just wouldn't seem right. I can see, as I've said before, this season having episodes from both time lines, kind of like the Avalon episodes of Gargoyles. The main plot thread to hold it all together wouldn't be the big bad, but just trying to get the displaced characters home. I'm sure Serling wants to be away from his master as much as the turtles want theirs away. It's a good story device, and I'm sure it's not going to be permanent.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.